ladystorm

Live
Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

4680 posts in this topic

Wolf dragon is much cooler than a cat dragon

3 people like this

There are the female statues people were hoping for

not my cup of tea but I know people were wanting them so at least it will boost pledges

i would've liked to see her in a similar aggressive pose rather than idling while the guy is attacking though xP it is the same thing I feel towards female giants vs their male giant counter parts. I am sure the female giants / female statues are going to be attacking the adventurers as well, no? Not just sitting in the back watching lol

12 people like this

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

WOLF DRAGON!!!!

Ok, I suppose a cat dragon would be cool, too.

NO. DRAGON wolf. 

Edited by Thes Hunter
4 people like this

Let's have a DRAGON WOLF and a DRAGON CAT! 

8 people like this

Cat Dragon...

Wolf Dragon...

Dragon Wolf...

Dragon Cat...

...Wolf Cat? Dragon Dragon?

8 people like this

I still want a Roc!

12 people like this

Isn't a wolf cat just a fox? And yes, a Roc would be sweet!

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

Oh, I have several figures in Bones, mostly CAV figures.  I haven't done the previous Bones KS projects because I have no purpose for that many fantasy figures.  I'd probably end up selling the majority of the base set on eBay.

Edited by Sergeant_Crunch
So I don't sound like an uneducated idiot
7 people like this

10 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

There are the female statues people were hoping for

not my cup of tea but I know people were wanting them so at least it will boost pledges

i would've liked to see her in a similar aggressive pose rather than idling while the guy is attacking though xP it is the same thing I feel towards female giants vs their male giant counter parts. I am sure the female giants / female statues are going to be attacking the adventurers as well, no? Not just sitting in the back watching lol

I had the same reaction, but I'm glad they put them on the path ahead.

Interesting that the female statues are left handed, rather than right.

6 people like this

I just assumed that the statues were idling after killing the party.

10 people like this

9 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

pirate gnolls

the captain has an albatross

11755643_10204848267114243_5901960576397

Oooooohhhhhh YYYYYEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!

These are the Gnoll Pirates we have been looking for!!!

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

We need a Bones Glitterbomb!

Translucent Bones coming with a package of several colours of Glitter!

Ooooooohhhhhhh NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

*** Steals Glitter Cases from the Wolf and runs away ***

7 people like this

How about a dragon expansion. Featuring both a cat and wolf dragon

10 people like this

I love these kickstarters. This is my second one to back. 

I have a suggestion for the Reaper Gods..

Encounter themed expansions. Y'all got Baba Yaga's hut in there. How about a Baba Yaga and evil servants addition? Russian themed monsters and PC's for x dollars?

That fantastic Zombie Dragon? How about the evil necromanceress and her cronies, maybe with a sacrificial altar or some such for x dollars? 

Yall make the the best models in the world. We buy them! Lol! Make some themed groups to accompany them and we will buy those too!

10 people like this

I love the idea of pirate gnolls! They would be a great addition to any collection. 

Here's a question tho... 

What would it take for Reaper to make a Bonesium ship model? One I can take apart and have encounters on? Or maybe a range of them, for those of us who have run sea based campaigns?

6 people like this

10 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

I had the same reaction, but I'm glad they put them on the path ahead.

Interesting that the female statues are left handed, rather than right.

I think they are supposed to be paired with a male statue

male on right, female on left

which is another reason the drastic pose difference look odd to me, if that is the intended set up. :P

i dunno, I just like my female monsters to look as ferocious and battle ready as the males

i really do not like any of reapers female giants for that reason. They are not going to be standing and chatting with the adventurer invaders, they are going to be smashing them alongside the male giants

but when we use them they look like they are having a pleasant conversation on the game board

6 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      In this third Frills & Fauna installment, we delve into the darker side of the Stargrind universe. The Overlords Kickstarter looks at one of the species in the galaxy that subdue others.  Overlords
      Behind every thrall is a master. A major antagonist in Stargrind is the Overlords. A wholly alien species best described as floating brains. Physically, the overlords are quite weak, as they have evolved to interact with the physical realm using their minds. Powerful with both telepathy and telekinesis, the overlords can control everything (and almost everyone) around them with a simple thought.  
      These models will involve two sets of components: bodies and tentacles. Different sets of tentacles may become available though stretch-goals to mix and match with the bodies. The number of "slots" on each body for attaching appendages is referred to as "soft points."
      Being cast in resin means they are very easily manipulated into different poses by placing them into hot water.
        Classes of Overlords
      Drone
      The most commonly spotted Overlord has been labelled the drone. Drones are slightly armoured in comparison to other classes of overlord, lending to their common presence on the battlefield where they are most vulnerable.
      The drone has 6 soft points.
      Watcher
      Named for its assumed purpose of being a scout, as it lurks the battlefields and rarely engages. Its single eye beholds locations and movements of creatures, communicating back to the overlords' hivemind. Unlike the drone, its eye is exposed for greater vision, but more susceptible to damage.
      The watcher has 8 soft points.
      Reaper
      If the overlords can't initially control a species, the reapers emerge to consume brain matter and learn the secrets of its biology. Equipped to tackle specimens still living, the reapers entangle their foes with tentacles before feasting on the head.
      The Reaper has 8 soft points.
       Infiltrator
      The infiltrators carry large egg-like spores on their bodies, which they disperse in secluded areas that are rich with organic material. This appears to be their only purpose, as their flaccid husks are abandoned with their deposits, perhaps to catalyze the growth process.
      The watcher has no soft points.
      Matriarch
      Meet the Matriarch! It's uncertain whether the matriarch is a mature version of the infiltrator, or a seperate class altogether, but she also bears overlord spores. Perhaps since infiltrators expire upon plantation, this class of overlord is indeed an alternative path, growing larger and more dominant rather than concluding in sacrifice.   The matriarch has 12 soft points. Sporeling
      Once an invader (or better) transplants its cargo of spores (chlamydospore) onto biomass, the spores begin to absorb the biomatter and grow. Some take on traits of their "food." Once they complete germination, the spores detach from the husk and float around until they either form self awareness, link into the hivemind of a mature overlord or fall prey to something else. Adolescent
      As sporelings grow, their embryonic roots retract, wither and harden. Often mistaken for horns or teeth, these scabby protrusions are reborn as tentacles or other feeler/manipulator devices. Scale shots

Pledge levels
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      Overview
      Help us launch our first line of plastic miniatures for the tabletop games we all play and love.   Run by a family of gamers, Role 4 Initiative brings decades of experience in gaming and design. 
      You've seen our dungeon tiles and polyhedral dice, now we wish to bring that same quality and value to the table with 28mm high-detail pre-painted plastic miniatures.
      Starting off with some of the most common player and monster types (Humans, Orcs, Zombies, and Skeletons), we will be producing all of our minis in sets of 6 or more per category, so you can easily and cheaply outfit your game with the figures you need.
      Our goal is to bring a very highly detailed set of miniatures, with excellent paint jobs for a reasonable price.  We all love gaming, but we're not all great artists.  So, we will always provide miniatures that are fully assembled, professionally painted, and ready to use.
      Our minis are made from a PVC material that provide both durability and flexibility.  We also have gone to great lengths to bring as much realism as possible by providing proper anatomical proportions in a 60:1 scale. 

The Process
      First, we thought about some of the most memorable encounters of our games, wishing we had some appropriate miniatures to represent the characters and monsters in the story.

Then we envisioned what these characters would look like and hired artists to create 3D models, 2D renderings, and background scenery that fit our stories.  But made sure they could easily fit your stories too.

Finally, we took these models and renderings to our factory to create the plastic injection molds from which we were able to produce the painted samples you see below.

What you get for your support:
      Set #1 - Human Adventurers
      Concept design:
      Set 1: Human Adventurers Production Samples:
      Male Viking Warrior  
      Female Blademaster  
      Male Cleric  
      Male Ranger  
      Male Wizard  
      Female Archer
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      Painted by - May Aguilar Andreu of MayArt  
      Newly Cast Bust  
       In 2016, our son who has Down syndrome graduated from high school. Most of the options for the disabled are limited so we decided to create our own opportunities for him. My wife left her career and we started Boyd's Toys. We are a small, family run business that specializes in resin cast figures and commercial printing. We do our own 3D printing, mold making, vacuum and pressure casting. John Boyd has over 30 years of printing and design experience and his favorite past time is table top games. We started creating our own figures in resin about 18 months ago on a 15 mm project called Chronicles of the Wayfarer. What is this project? Chronicles of the Wayfarer is a 15 mm war-game that has been under development for over a year now. It has two complete armies to support it and two more on the way. We have decided to release four busts to help raise funds and create a fan base to continue the development of CotW, so stay tuned ... three more are coming. 
      Below you will find a sample selection of our upcoming release of Chronicles of the Wayfarer. These are 15 mm leaders of the Kilnites. Left to right: Knight of the Kiln, War Screamer, Shield Legion, and Crossbowmen Leader. These are submissions from a recent painting contest that we sponsored. 

For the first 48 hours we will be offering a free 30mm figure of the Lawgiver, "Unmasked". This figure will only be available in one of two ways and will never be sold by us after this Kickstarter. Anyone ordering a bust in the first 48 hours will receive one free. Anyone sharing our Kickstarter announcement on our Facebook page will be entered for a chance to win one of 10 figures.

Anyone participating in the Kickstarter will have the ability to purchase additional figures. Once this campaign is done this version of the Lawgiver will be retired and his mask goes back on.

• By Iron
      Hi friends:
      After hard months of working, we´ve improved the game Iron League Blacks Stadium and the art has changed. Mechs and miniatures are amazing now. The board game has a new full cooperative campaign with map, scenary and enemies generation.
      The competitive mode continues and has been improved.
      So, we also want to change the title of the game, and this is:
      IRON WARS
      In July on Kickstarter. Soon more news.

• Who's Online   24 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)