ladystorm

Funded
Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

8788 posts in this topic

Everybody wants a roc to wind a piece of string around!

8 people like this

That is one very big bird...

3 people like this

22 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Le sigh. I made the mistake of asking a question on the KS comments about some stuff in the live stream. When I tried to go back and find it I couldn't. And now I can't even remember what the questions were :unsure:

next time you make a comment, click on your name above the comment, then click 'comments' above the list of kickstarters you've backed, it'll display all comments you've made in order, click on the date at the bottom left of a comment to go to that part of the comment section (you can track reaper this way too)

6 people like this

56 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Le sigh. I made the mistake of asking a question on the KS comments about some stuff in the live stream. When I tried to go back and find it I couldn't. And now I can't even remember what the questions were :unsure:

This. All the time. Drives me crazy. The worst is when you really need to call someone about something and by the time you get them on the phone you don't remember what you wanted to say. (╯︵╰,)

5 people like this

22 hours ago, Beagle said:

Not a single mini, but my favourite set so far is the trolls.

That does not surprise me. ::P:

18 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

My guess is an area where "normal" food is in short supply and desperate people will eat just about anything.  They may have figured out that this normally poisionous fish wasn't after it was rotting.  (they didn't eat it, it rotted, they got hungry enough and realized that it didn't kill them).

Or it was a dare.

"Here, hold my mead."

9 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

I don't remember as many calls for a roc as there were for cat dragons, so maybe there's still hope of backer requests getting one. But honestly now, I'd rather see dance of death first! Hoping dance of death gets revealed and unlocked, I actually want that now! Roc does look like a phoenix, so I think I'll need to add that to my list once its unlocked:(

If we do not get a cat dragon, you need to think of one factor (or at least Reaper does): sale-ability.  We fans here are a limited and rather specialized group of their customers.  We want all the minis.  Most of their customers want minis that they can correlate to a creature in game.  The Roc actually correlates to 3 to 4 creatures in various games. When everyone started requesting it, I'm sure it was a no-brainer for Ron to have it made.  The Cat Dragon on the other-hand, well you might be able to sub it in for something; it really depends on the design. Experienced GMs like novel creatures that they can use, but the vast majority want things that are easily identifiable on sight.

This doesn't mean that we won't see a cat dragon, just that it likely isn't as easy a decision as the Roc was.

14 people like this

52 minutes ago, Sae said:

next time you make a comment, click on your name above the comment, then click 'comments' above the list of kickstarters you've backed, it'll display all comments you've made in order, click on the date at the bottom left of a comment to go to that part of the comment section (you can track reaper this way too)

*goes to check*

thankee kindly!

4 people like this

Yes, That is helpful to see Ron and Bryan's comments in the kickstarter when they are on their mobile.  On the main account their comments are blue and easy to locate.  As individuals much harder to pick them out without getting immersed in the madness.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

8 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

I don't remember as many calls for a roc as there were for cat dragons, so maybe there's still hope of backer requests getting one. But honestly now, I'd rather see dance of death first! Hoping dance of death gets revealed and unlocked, I actually want that now! Roc does look like a phoenix, so I think I'll need to add that to my list once its unlocked:(

If we do not get a cat dragon, you need to think of one factor (or at least Reaper does): sale-ability.  We fans here are a limited and rather specialized group of their customers.  We want all the minis.  Most of their customers want minis that they can correlate to a creature in game.  The Roc actually correlates to 3 to 4 creatures in various games. When everyone started requesting it, I'm sure it was a no-brainer for Ron to have it made.  The Cat Dragon on the other-hand, well you might be able to sub it in for something; it really depends on the design. Experienced GMs like novel creatures that they can use, but the vast majority want things that are easily identifiable on sight.

To add to TaleSpinner's comments:  Another thing to keep in mind is that people have been asking for a Roc for at least a couple of years.  There's been a persistent demand for it.  The cat dragon, AFAIK, is just a meme that popped up shortly before the KS campaign launched.  I would guess that Reaper was planning on producing a Roc when people first starting planning Bones IV.

As for Dance of Death, you can probably expect it to become one of the final stretch goals in the last day or two of the campaign.  It's a big, capstone kind of model, similar to the final stretch goals from previous campaigns.

Edited by Dr_Automaton
10 people like this

What's the word?

THUNDERBIRD.

What's the price?

$7.50 TWICE.

14 people like this

Based on all of this i am guessing that we have not heard any cat dragon news. 

1 person likes this

There's actually been some variation of cat dragon requests for a while, mostly as an enemy for the mouslings. Not many requests, but there have been some.

6 people like this

I still say we need a wolf dragon to chase the cat dragon up trees.::P:

9 people like this

I seem to remember last KS people asking for a cat dragon. I might be goofy, but I think that is the case.

And personally, I would love some kind of animated Smaug variant on dragons. Or some big drakes, or whatever. Hell, maybe if they make a cool enough mini, it will be accompanied by a pathfinder stat block soon after.

1 person likes this

Anyone think that we might get a special reveal or addon because of the eclipse today?  

Probably not, but it was just a thought that hit me this morning on the way to work.

Here in northern Colorado we will see 95%+ coverage!  

7 people like this

It's possible...

1 person likes this