Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

8788 posts in this topic

Just now, Reaperbryan said:

One of them.

Awesome! ::D:

4 people like this

1 minute ago, Reaperbryan said:

One of them.

Y'know, if you guys wanted to bring Julie on full-time to do nothing but sculpt for you, I think your customer base would be pretty okay with that. 

7 people like this

Less than $10,000 to the next goal!   :lol:

3 people like this

Well, seems like we're getting our GoT-sy "dragon".

8 people like this

Ooooh!  Julie dragon. Take my wallet already. And that base looks like it might mesh with DDS2 for an interesting dragon scenario. 

10 people like this

posted by Jason Wiebe on Facebook

20953415_10154912528052957_4556020731852

17 people like this

I wonder if a zombie shark acts at all differently from a regular shark? :huh:

7 people like this

2 minutes ago, trappleton said:

I wonder if a zombie shark acts at all differently from a regular shark? :huh:

nah. Just harder to kill.

11 people like this

Wait, does this mean zombie sharks love pettings too?

4 people like this

Your transparency is really appreciated and rare among the companies I know of. Your reasoning is entirely sensible, sod the idiots who think they know better than the team of people whose literal job it is to work on this!

Besides, I think this way is more fun, so nyah to all the impatient jerks.

13 people like this

Thanks for sharing the background of the way it is currently being done. It is mostly the same as the way the old kickstarters were run (for the most part, 1 was quite different though).

Hopefully you aren't hearing that from those of us that have been around for multiple kickstarters. Is there any way we can help get the message across?

4 people like this

I would say we'll put Bryan you explained the process very well indeed.

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

It comes up from time to time that someone suggests that we could do better if we revealed every goal up front and none of this "stupid waiting another 8k nonsense". 

And my question is - suppose we revealed everything on day one, as suggested. $5,000,000.00 worth of rewards. and you all came in and added to your pledges exactly once, and then we waited. and at the end, we made $3M. how should we handle backers who pledged for rewards we priced and revealed, but didn't raise enough to pay for all of the molds? Some of those backers need refunds now. And now we raised even LESS than it said we did. Ugh. Nightmare. 

No, this may be frustrating for some people, but this is the way we have to do it. We reveal nothing until we are confident that we can achieve it, mold it, and deliver it. We're ~72 hours out to the farthest out goal, so we're confident that even though we aren't there, we will be there in time to not fail.

I post this here so YOU all can understand, because I can't say it in a way that doesn't make me sound like a jerk, because this is a ridiculously well-thought out process, and I dislike being told I'm doing it wrong, and the snippiness is palpable in my tone.

Gosh, I love it this way with the slow reveals!  It's half the fun in the anticipation, guessing, and excitement when the reveals come!

Dang kids today have no patience!  With their internets, and their fast and loose morals!  Hey there, you! Get off my lawn!!!  

13 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2

About this project

Thank you for taking the time to check out Divinity: Original Sin 2, our biggest and most ambitious RPG to date!
      A couple of quick facts about the game:
      Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a single- and multiplayer top-down, party-based role-playing game with pen & paper RPG-like levels of freedom.It features turn-based combat, a strong focus on systematic gameplay and a well-grounded narrative. Divinity: Original Sin 2 is the sequel to the critically acclaimed Divinity: Original Sin, winner of over 150 Game of the Year awards and nominations. Winner of GameSpot’s “PC Game of The Year 2014â€. Divinity: Original Sin 2 is currently in development for PC in English. Subtitles will be available in German, French, and Russian. Other platforms and languages may be announced at a later stage, once development is more advanced.
      The theme of Divinity: Original Sin 2 is how your origins affect who you are and what chances you get in life.
      At the start of the game, you pick a single character and determine your starting stats, race, and origin story.

You'll be able to recruit up to three companions, each of whom is just as detailed as the character you're playing, with their own origin story and motivation to help you in your quest.
      This makes it possible for each companion to become a player character in multiplayer mode; every party member is equally important to the whole.

In multiplayer, up to 4 players can play together, either cooperatively or competitively.
      During competitive questing, you’ll pursue different plot-lines from other players, often because your personal motivations are in conflict with those of the party.
      To loot or not to loot: You'll have to argue, reason, or duke it out.
      There's no obligation to compete, of course. Many party members will manage to balance their own interests with those of the party. Should you find yourself in conflict, know that it's always possible to make up afterwards.
      The important thing here is that it's you who gets to make that choice.
    • By Darsc Zacal
      Do yourself a favour and take a look at what's on offer even if you've not backed one of Stonehavens projects before.
      Lots of unique and fun concepts scattered throughout,

Plus they've done things a bit differently and have everything already sculpted and shown.

Love the cloaked mysterious strangers.

• By ladystorm
      This is the Bones 4 Information Thread.
      In an effort to reduce confusion by people seeking information and asking on topic questions, we are creating two threads for our Bones 4 Kickstarter.
      This is the thread for information and questions.  
      This thread will be moderated to ensure forum rules are followed.  Posts of chatter and enthusiasm will be relocated to the Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-4-mr-bones-epic-adventure?ref=profile_created

170722 - Reaper Bones 4 KickStarter Film V1-2.mp4

• By Darsc Zacal
      No link yet. No additional info. Just a pic.

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2052977442/carnevale-the-miniature-game

Carnevale is a tactical narrative miniatures game set in 1790's Venice. Safe from the effects of the Rent in the Sky that tore Italy in half, Venice is now a hot-spot of magical activity. Strange creatures rise from the canals, the ruling class play violent games with lesser men, and the population of Venice try to survive. All vie for power in the street fights that take place in the dark of the night.

Carnevale is a game that focuses on movement and brutal combat. You're as likely to see two people battling in the streets as you are to see warriors jumping from rooftop to rooftop and drowning their opponents in the canals. Using the tight streets and watery dangers to your advantage will ensure victory, and if it doesn't, some well-timed magic spells might!

Carnevale is a narrative game that sees gamers play through various scenarios with their gangs of fighters. The games skirmishes allow for in depth storytelling, and we have made an effort to streamline rules in order to let the action take place on the tabletop, rather than spending too much time keeping track in the pages of a rulebook. The tactical flexibility opens up when building your gangs how you want, using many varied members to different effect.

• Who's Online   23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)