Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

ladystorm

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

For comparison, my partner backed Palladium's Robotech kickstarter. There will be legends for a thousand years about that one.

OMG! I still till this day, have an argument with my best friend about how Carl Macek (however its spelled) created robotech and the Japanese stole it :huh:

Umm no, its a hack job on Macek's part (took Macross, mospeada, and southern cross[think that's right, forgive if im wrong, im off to work and hurrying haha), took three anime's and combined them to meet the requirement of a set number of episodes to meet syndication distribution rules.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

OMG! I still till this day, have an argument with my best friend about how Carl Macek (however its spelled) created robotech and the Japanese stole it :huh:

Umm no, its a hack job on Macek's part (took Macross, mospeada, and southern cross[think that's right, forgive if im wrong, im off to work and hurrying haha), took three anime's and combined them to meet the requirement of a set number of episodes to meet syndication distribution rules.

Ah, much like the original Voltron.

• Like 1

Less than $4K to go.

And now I feel all productive and stuff. Cleaned my seconded Khanjira (so many mold lines) and used the new green liner (anyone else notice a strange plasticizer smell?) to prep him. Now to figure out how to make a fedora that'll go around the horns.

Also, Monte Cook's tweet about Bones 4 is bee free and one of the 1star reviews on Reaper's FB has been reversed.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, hungerfan said:

My daughter was 5 when I first showed her the basing stuff I learned at Rcon a couple years ago.  This was her first base for a mini she painted.  Notice the "stone" she is standing on is in the shape of a square base. :)  I thought it was a pretty good idea and was impressed with what she came up with for the base.

Hide contents

599d91a20f414_2015-05-1720_36.26-cropped.jpg.d2aae2d1ff49e4071667ccc5bfd84eca.jpg

Wow! That is a nice base! Could I borrow her to base my things for me? ::D:

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, trappleton said:

Speaking of the boneyard, is the plan that it will come back someday, or is it deprecated?

When the Boneyard disappeared, there were comments from Reaperpeeps to the effect that the plan was to bring back a much more limited version at some point. There hasn't been much since then. It's possible that the plans have changed or that we just haven't reached "some point" yet.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, trappleton said:

Speaking of the boneyard, is the plan that it will come back someday, or is it deprecated?

All the up-to-date info on the Boneyard: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/65957-where-did-the-boneyard-go/

5 minutes ago, Ben Ben Revolution said:

First Reaper Kickstarter I've been in on, and loving what's available so far! 

Welcome to the wild and wacky world of Reaper Kickstarters! Make sure your seatbelt is fastened securely, and enjoy the ride!! ::D:

• Like 5

I've got to admit that the most of the recent reveals have been easy on the budget.  If I were in a game, I'd probably be more into some of them.  But since I'm not... *shrug*

That being said, the cobra is something else!  So is the wyvern!

My budget might be blown after all.

Curse you, Reaper!  :B):

I never have liked Gnomes.

Edited by strawhat
  • Like 4