ladystorm

Funded
Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

8778 posts in this topic

Wonder if I should hold out hope for:

CAT DRAGON!

3 people like this

7 minutes ago, terminalmancer said:

In other news, today is on pace to outperform the 5th-to-last day of Bones 2. Which is... amazing.

Also interesting is that we are at about the same pint now as Bones 3 was at this far through the campaign. Only about $10k more for the day will put us ahead of the equivalent Bones II day.

5 people like this

6 minutes ago, Mythral said:

This kickstarter has been superior to the others, IMO. The models are better, the expansions are amazing, and the add ons are super cool. I walked from B3 with the core, stone skull, the crusaders, the frost giants, and extra hobs. This one is going to dwarf that by a huge margin. 

i agree, i left B3 with stoneskull, crusaders, bits of pieces from the core (like torture set), dwarves, and all the dragons

4 people like this

Just cruised past 1,915,000...   Only $20,000 left to the next goal!  ::D:

5 people like this

*** Runs through the Thread screaming: THE END IS NEAR!!! PLEDGE!!!! PLEDGE!!!!*****

14 people like this

Numbers Based on 1300-1400 Reaper time today:     
Total Gain Today:    $59,864
Total Gain 24 Hours:     $104,699
Current Goal:    $1,935,000
Total to Next Goal:     $18,381
New Backers This Hour:     19
Gain in last Hour:     $5,884
Current Average Pledge:     $149.48
Average Hourly Backers Today:     18.6
Average Hourly Backers 24 Hours:     16.2
Average Hourly Pledges Today:     $4,276
Average Hourly Pledges 24 Hours:     $4,362
Hours to next goal based on gains this hour:     3.1
Hours to next goal based on 24h Avg:     4.2

Current Total Pledges:     $1,916,619
Current Total Backers:     12,822
Previous Hour Total Pledges:     $1,910,736
Previous Hour Total Backers:     12,803

.....Goal.....    |    ..$ To Go..    |    Time To Ding
$1,615,000    |    Zero $$$    |    Achieved
$1,665,000    |    Zero $$$    |    Achieved
$1,710,000    |    Zero $$$    |    Achieved
$1,760,000    |    Zero $$$    |    Achieved
$1,815,000    |    Zero $$$    |    Achieved
$1,875,000    |    Zero $$$    |    Achieved
$1,935,000    |    $18,381    |    4.2
$2,000,000    |    $83,381    |    19.1
$2,065,000    ?    $148,381    ?    34

5 people like this

5 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Me going through the Pledge Manager...  :lol: 

images.jpeg

Followed by

16b2m7.jpg

20 people like this

I'm so happy the PM will stay open for a long time...

Funds will be added later..

*** Glances at wallet, you didn't hear that ok?***

14 people like this

11 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I'm so happy the PM will stay open for a long time...

Funds will be added later..

Yeah, that's where I'm at, when I added up everything I want so far and I was north of $600!  Cut it back to $300 for now, but the Pledge manager will be getting a workout in the months to come!

11 people like this

Posted (edited)

Man, Darkreach got a lot more tempting with that fourth set.  It's not that the minis or designs were ever unappealing, it's just that I had a lot of similar pieces and have been trying not to horde the hordes!

The Lost Expedition looks fantastic, though!  I was only expecting a little set of the Dino-people from the preview videos; this is much more impressive!  The Hut looks great, and I can see it being used in a lot of wargames.  It reminds me of the huts they used to do for Warhammer for the Orcs and Ogres.  I believe Ral Partha or Armorcast also did one similar.

I like the introduction of Caveman Forscale, as well.  An early ancestor!

Edited by Lidless Eye
6 people like this

$422+shipping is my current wish list...

6 people like this

Fire Elemental and I are up over $500 and I told myself I'd "mostly be in it for the big things at the end"... I think we're doomed.

14 people like this

I hit my cap already. Everything else will be added in the PM.

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

It looks like we -might- have hit the End Times of Exponential Growth a good couple of days early.  It might be a good time for us (as in the Backers) to start pushing the value of the campaign on social media.  Just in case it's useful to anyone, here's what I've posted on the Book of Faces and several geeky forums:

To people on my feed who enjoy painting or using figures for games: the Reaper Bones IV Kickstarter seems to have hit the usual end exponential growth phase early.  Normally this happens at the 48 hour mark, but this time we're at the 96 hour mark and we've had a fairly sustained period of  "wait how did that happen" increases in both backers and total money.

Right now the $100 core gets you figures at about 75 cents each - yes that includes some smaller scenery pieces, but also include a huge frelling dragon as well.  If you want to get started on the hobby then this is a good way to get a bunch of figures on the cheap.

Leaving aside the Options for the moment - the $50 Expansions don't have the value of the Core, but I suspect several small humans of my acquaintance would love the almost indestructible dinosaurs from the Lost Valley expansion, and the rest will likely appeal to people with specific needs - personally, I think I'll be in for one of each myself so far.

Anyways.  The last 48 hours are always a blast on Reaper Kickstarters - I cordially invite you to join me in wearing out your F5 key over the next four days : )

#reapermini
#ReaperBonesKS

Edited by Laoke
12 people like this