ladystorm

Funded
Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

8788 posts in this topic

Ooooh. Extra toppers are really cheap. I approve!

Now .. I need to figure out how many I actually need. And what else. 'Cause.. ooh. ^^;

5 people like this

we're definitely in for an extra set of townsfolk and Monsters ($7 for extra griffin/wyvern/owlbear? yes please)

12 people like this

Just now, Sirithiliel said:

we're definitely in for an extra set of townsfolk and Monsters ($7 for extra griffin/wyvern/owlbear? yes please)

That's exactly what I just did.

5 people like this

12 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I'm up in Fort Collins and I was watching the news about it right as I got the update.  It must be a sign... Although it's not really my style... My son loves dinosaurs though so I'll get it for him. So either way it is a must have!

I like that the core is broken up as I had planned on just trying to focus on stuff that I really want. But again if I get the whole core that gives me tons of minis to give my son and 3 daughters to paint.  Maybe I can get a chore or two out of them for each mini they want.

Edit: I just did the math and if I bought just the pieces out of the core that I want it adds up to $93. I didn't include Gauth in that. Might as well pay $7 more and get Gauth and a bunch of goblins and kobolds. 

I played with the PM and I too ended up close to $100. So now I have solidified my choice of two cores...*insert meme*

right-in-the-wallet.jpg

14 people like this

17 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Edit: I just did the math and if I bought just the pieces out of the core that I want it adds up to $93. I didn't include Gauth in that. Might as well pay $7 more and get Gauth and a bunch of goblins and kobolds. 

That's how they get you! So much value in the Core.

6 people like this

Added extra goblins and kobolds, because you can never have enough. Will have to wait until after Kickstarter to decide about adding any more core figures.

4 people like this

Thunderfoot Behemoth?  Yes, please!

But, boy, oh boy.  The breakdown of the core did not go in my favor.  Some of it works, and I'll be adding that as money allows.  It's just waiting for retail on the rest.

5 people like this

That update was great for hourly figures too, I think. Last hour was roughly $7500.

5 people like this

3 minutes ago, Brennor said:

That update was great for hourly figures too, I think. Last hour was roughly $7500.

Considering how late at night it is, that's pretty great.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I'm in a tighter spot. If I give up on the pig and cart (17,18), one guy I liked with an ax (101), and the new draconian (16), it brings down my wants satisfied by the core splits to $62. But, for a mere $38....

... think I'm going to sleep on that. I am getting up to a worrying height, and I did want to go lower on this KS than previous. But... $38. That's a mere lunch with the Awesome Wife.

Gah. Sleep. Yes. Sleep.

Edited by Pegazus
6 people like this

1 hour ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

So now all those people who wanted core broke up should be happy, and hopefully start kicking up the pledges:) Still think core is better value:) And the villagers and triceratops is cool!  There's another $8 bucks i'll need before July 2018:(

You have to understand that I already have the core set from Bones 1, 2 & 3.  I don't need value.  I need storage space.  :rolleyes: 

Some quick math indicates I can get what I want from the core for less than $40.  This makes me very happy.  ^_^ 

13 people like this

1 hour ago, John Fiala said:

Woo!  With a new Triceratops skeleton discovered in Thorton, CO, I have to get the Thunderfoot Behemoth!

Also, another of the dire crabs so I can do one up like the one from Moana.  "I'm shiny..."

So are you putting some treasure on his back to get that effect? Or jacking the dragon turtle for his hoard?

Yah I had that same idea about dire crab:) My kids would love it:)

5 people like this

Just did some quick math and I could get what I want from the core for $78  Yet still incorporates a large amount of junk I am not a fan of.  This set was broken down a bit odd.  Might just have to keep core anyway and give my daughter a bunch of junk to paint purple and pink.  At least she will be crazy happy with everything.

4 people like this

Yeah, if I get just the parts of the core I really want it comes to $96. So the question is, do I want to pay the extra $4 for stuff I will probably never paint or use? 

4 people like this

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm not overly enthusiastic about how they've split the core this time. I understand it, but I guess it just wasn't what I was expecting.

For example, I was looking forward to picking up the three demons from the Demons and Devils set but I actively dislike the minitaurs, Baba Yaga leaves me cold, and I already have two copies of the Chaos Warrior guy in resin.

Ahh well, more stuff to get at retail I suppose.

6 people like this