ladystorm

Funded
Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

8788 posts in this topic

<<<MOD VOICE>>>

One thing that's very important here in Reaper's Forums is for everyone to feel comfortable expressing their opinions in a welcoming and friendly environment.

It is perhaps one of the most valued traits of these Forums.

There are Forum rules regarding limits of such expressions and it is up to the Moderation Team to see that all posters adhere to them.

There are Report buttons should anyone feel the rules have been violated.

If those rules are not broken then it is expected posters not criticize others for their opinions.

So let's keep things friendly while we discuss the pros and cons of the kickstarter.

9 people like this

5 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Ladystorm's comment in the official thread has me wondering...  The intent is that everything will make it to retail.  So does this apply to previous KS?  Will we someday get our retail Sir Danel from Bones 2???  I kinda want to ask, but it's not exactly a Bones 4 question.  

Danel is planned. No time frame available at present.

10 people like this

I need pumpkin-headed pirate constructs to crew the barge (like the grave minions).

Don't look at me like that, I'm being serious.

6 people like this

This kickstarter has more stuff I am interested in than any of the previous bones one. I like that (aside from Chronoscope and Fan favorites) the expansions were better themed and all fit with the theme. It makes it easier to see a use for the minis. I love the barge. I will get 2. I am getting all of the expansions except chronoscope. And all of the add ons except dice people.

This has quite a few core things that I want multiples of as well. So 2 core and lots of extra core stuff!!!

7 people like this

2 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

I thought Sir Daniel had that whole two left hands problem, and they hadn't come up with a fix yet (if at all) on the mold.

That's kind of my point.  They haven't fixed it, I haven't heard if they intend to fix it, and it's so far in the past now I'm not sure where to ask.  

EDIT:  Never mind, I took a really long time to post my comment and Ladystorm answered in the meantime.  I'm glad he'll eventually be available, it's a really nice versatile piece.  ^_^ 

Edited by LittleBluberry
7 people like this

12 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

That's kind of my point.  They haven't fixed it, I haven't heard if they intend to fix it, and it's so far in the past now I'm not sure where to ask.  

Didn't you see ladystorm's post above....  They do intend to fix it eventually.

17 minutes ago, ladystorm said:

Danel is planned. No time frame available at present.

Edited by Chris Palmer
2 people like this

I dunno, I think a release of Sir 'Two Left' Daniel might be cool. I mean, if the mold still exists...

4 people like this

17 minutes ago, strawhat said:

I need pumpkin-headed pirate constructs to crew the barge (like the grave minions).

Don't look at me like that, I'm being serious.

Here you go, just apply glue.  Problem solved! :lol:

IMG_4738.JPG

IMG_4739.JPG

10 people like this

I can't hold it in anymore.

My biggest disappointment is:

Spoiler

Moon Moon Blue will not be an official color.

screen_shot_2013_04_23_at_5_05_37_pm_by_

9 people like this

Ok, here is the photo of Mossbeard at the countdown party with dwarves and hobbits hanging out. 

20170902_170800.jpg

18 people like this

There is a lot of stuff to read so I am just going to pop in and give my 2 cents. Sorry if I'm repeating what others have said.

It seems to me that Reaper really played to the newbies and try to get as many minis in their hands as possible, with a huge core set and 4 expansions.  Now I am pretty new to the hobby and Bones (I started painting in March) so I appreciate this effort and I will be set with minis for a long time!

My problem is though that I am new and I have no dragons!  I thought that even if they wanted to be more friendly towards new customers they would have at least thrown in a few more dragons.  KS is a way for new customers to get some great dragons at a great price. 

I am also a little disappointed that they kept hinting at a big set piece and that the piece was never shown.  

All that being said I thought overall the KS went great!  I also think it's great that I have almost a year to add funds.  I am going to have a lot of mini for not a lot of money. 

Reaper is a great company and I can say I will be there day 1 of Bones 5!

5 people like this

I have read a few times that people say things like "i'm not interested in 4 b/c 3 just came" i'm exactly the opposite. I'm sitting here painting minis that i got in 3 that, when i first saw them, I was very disappointed with them, but now that they're in my hands they're so much cooler. It's like the minis just got better like wine while i waited for them to get to my doorstep. hobgoblins blah, now i'm waiting until my next order to probably add a few more to my collection. Tengu? yuck! now i'm modding one for my PC. I painted more minis just watching the comments scroll by than anything else and they've all (except for a detour to paint an iconic that's one of the first bones i ordered, but was too intimidating to paint back then) been from bones 3. I haven't been disappointed yet and I expect 4 to be the same way. My only two disappointments in all of KS3 was the graveyard (90% of it i don't need, like the whole church and fence, but the rest was a MUST GET NOW) and the fomian giant (great sculpt, but painting a half formed blobby giant thing doesn't excite me i guess).

I guess what the TL;DR version is is that having bones 3 in a box behind me got me more driven for bones 4.

7 people like this

I agree with Sirithiliel.  I love this Kickstarter.   Probably love it too much as there is a lot I want and very little money for it.  But i did see several notes about how DoD was not the capstone.  But for pledge dollars on an individual item it was?  So I was confused at the end.  I was  also releived, a $60 item was would have been more than I can cover.  But I will still spend a ton of money.

That being said I think such unfulfilled promises are weird, and out of character .  I take it as a mistake but I wonder about the last 3 days or so.  There was a rapid pledge buildup but the kickstarter seemed to actually wind down with some 100k+ goals pushed out but seemed to be a coast to the finish.  Much of this I wonder was the kickstarter crash, but still odd.

3 people like this

What the heck is the dark watcher? I keep looking at it and all i can see is the Suezo from monster rancher.

1 person likes this

Yeah, they did hint that DoD was not the biggest and "just wait, there's more!"

I guess I am the opposite of a lot of you in that I am backing for game minis. The big stuff is super awesome, but... and its a big butt... If its $50.00 and I cant use it in a game, chances are I am not interested. Like a certain 5 headed dragon from 3.... Dance of Death looks cool, but I don't think I could use it, and the $30 buys an extra barge that I can use... I bought Kanjira, and have never used her...

I do understand the feelings of disappointment though. All I can say is maybe Bones 5 will have more big display stuff... And Maybe some stuff will appear in the pledge manager.

Speaking of which, I think the Barge is great without a part 3, but if a part 3 (paid addon) does appear in the pledge manager I would be very happy..

10 people like this