ladystorm

Funded
Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

8788 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

I haven't heard many people talking about it but I am really excited to see more of the Nyarlathotep!  He looks huge and pretty awesome from the concept art.

I'm definitely curious to see what that terrain piece with it looks like

2 people like this

6 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

I haven't heard many people talking about it but I am really excited to see more of the Nyarlathotep!  He looks huge and pretty awesome from the concept art.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Nyarlathotep concept art finished as well.  I've really enjoyed all the Lovecraftian pieces Reaper has done in the past few KS's - and I'll put my vote in now for Hastur/The King in Yellow to be done in next one.

The Egg

6 people like this

You know, glancing at the KS during the final hours, I was a little bit disappointed that there wasn't as obvious of a capstone that would rival Mal.

Dont get me wrong, I love the barge and Argent. But I think because I didn't understand how big Argent is going to be, I was underwhelmed. 

I finally got a chance to watch the 'live stream' last night. Quotes because now, there is nothing live about it. 

And I believe they showed that DoD is almost 12 inches tall. Seeing that Argent is 12 inches tall tells me he is going to be massive and fitting as a Not baphumat and as a foil to Mal. My excitement for him has increased by 10 fold. 

Maybe because im so used to seeing Sirforscale, I don't know how to judge size by numeric measurement. Sure measurements are probably more accurate, I still have a hard time picturing exactly how that size will feel in terms of scale. Having a human sized figure for comparison I feel is much more helpful than that. 

I hope that doesn't come off as a criticism. My intention is to give an observation of my epiphany. 

And to say I am now very excited for Argent. 

9 people like this

Actually I am liking Argent more than the Traditional Capstone type figure we had been thinking of getting during the kickstarter.

Why you ask?

Well 2 reasons.   1. I like big Dragons and have few.  This will be the first time I get a big dragon that does not have 5 heads.  This guy is a  nice majestic posed huge dragon that could just look amazing.  2.  He is not 60 Dollars.  This is huge for me.  60 dollars is 4 or 5 other things in this great kickstarter and just about everything in it is pretty spectacular.  So not having a $60 Capstone eating away at all the smaller but still awesome stuff is just fantastic for me.

On another note.  I like the Morloc cavemen guys but I think some Prehistoric Dwarves to go with the Prehistoric Elves would have been a little more interesting to me.  But they still look good.

10 people like this

I'm on the fence about Not-hamut. I like the idea of a counterpoint to Tia-Not, but I'm not sure I need another super huge dragon mini. 

Argent being 20 dollars to mee seems amazing value. Such good value that the moment i realised his size I thought about droping some other things (dragon turtle, zombie dragon) to get a second argent instead. 

7 people like this

2 hours ago, Looter said:

Actually I am liking Argent more than the Traditional Capstone type figure we had been thinking of getting during the kickstarter.

Why you ask?

Well 2 reasons.   1. I like big Dragons and have few.  This will be the first time I get a big dragon that does not have 5 heads.  This guy is a  nice majestic posed huge dragon that could just look amazing.  2.  He is not 60 Dollars.  This is huge for me.  60 dollars is 4 or 5 other things in this great kickstarter and just about everything in it is pretty spectacular.  So not having a $60 Capstone eating away at all the smaller but still awesome stuff is just fantastic for me.

On another note.  I like the Morloc cavemen guys but I think some Prehistoric Dwarves to go with the Prehistoric Elves would have been a little more interesting to me.  But they still look good.

The price point is what I liked about argent as well, definitely getting him! The Morlocs are awesome, already have a diorama in mind for them if I can find a nice george and weena stand in's:)

1 hour ago, DragonWyrm said:

Argent being 20 dollars to mee seems amazing value. Such good value that the moment i realised his size I thought about droping some other things (dragon turtle, zombie dragon) to get a second argent instead. 

OR, you could budget in between now and July an extra 20 bucks and get em all:)

3 people like this

Argent is a great capstone. its ideal for molding 1 large piece with maybe 3-4 pieces total which is gonna make the detail much easier to define and lowers the cost significantly Would i have liked a hydra or something complicated sure but this makes so much more sense.

and for 20 dollars I am likely to buy multiples to give to players who want to get into painting because a solid color large mini is the perfect first painting piece. And (not to be a cheap about it) but a foot tall dragon resale is so much higher then lets say if Nyarlathotep is a foot tall, you could buy 10 argents paint half and have the other half pay for most of your kickstarter in a year or so.

Love the capstone would love to see the finalized object when its reworks are done in maybe one of those 3d spinning model programs with sir forscale to get people excited about it

Edited by MarvnMartian
6 people like this

I think the $20 price tag is why people didn't think he was a Capstone.

20 people like this

Just now, Reaperbryan said:

That, and there were statements that he wasn't considered the "capstone."

Just now, Disciple of Sakura said:

That, and there were statements that he wasn't considered the "capstone."

Not by me there weren't

10 people like this

12 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

Not by me there weren't

I never saw anyone from Reaper or you say it wasn't the capstone.  But many were implying they did see some Reaper person say that it wasn't.  That seemed to be the perception, false as it was, unfortunately.

3 people like this

19 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

Fantastic price point for Argent

3 people like this

20 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

Not by me there weren't

My mistake, then. A review of the past 6 days of comments indicates multiple instances of commenters indicating it was not the hinted at "capstone" piece, and one post from you 3 days ago that I didn't previously see confirming it was. There was a lot of misinformation and confusing regarding the capstone piece, and the reveal of Argent felt somewhat lacking in the fanfare I would have expected for such a piece, but that's likely due to the frenetic pace at the end. Glad to have this finally clarified for me.

6 people like this

30 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

Not by me there weren't

You most certainly did not.

I looked through the campaign posts a little bit and I think I see what happened. is that if you looked at the price point and went "That's cool, what's the capstone?" the line "We've got just a few hours to go, and we're NOT DONE showing new rewards! Stay Tuned!" would be totally consistent with the mistaken assumption that Argent wasn't the capstone and there was another big one coming.

Not sure that explains all of it but that's my best guess right now.

Oh well! :)

I think we might spend more on this than we did on Bones 3. And Bones 3 was a dangerously high total...

6 people like this