ladystorm

Funded
Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

8780 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, terminalmancer said:

You most certainly did not.

I looked through the campaign posts a little bit and I think I see what happened. is that if you looked at the price point and went "That's cool, what's the capstone?" the line "We've got just a few hours to go, and we're NOT DONE showing new rewards! Stay Tuned!" would be totally consistent with the mistaken assumption that Argent wasn't the capstone and there was another big one coming.

Not sure that explains all of it but that's my best guess right now.

Oh well! :)

I think we might spend more on this than we did on Bones 3. And Bones 3 was a dangerously high total...

that sounds familiar, i actually think that's what i read that made me think something bigger was coming

4 people like this

This is why everyone should go to the party.  Then you miss out on most of the updates and have no clue what is going on until days later when you finally catch up.

3 people like this

I know I asked a couple of days ago but I am hoping that since  @Reaperbryan is around that I might get a better answer.

How big is Nyarlathotep?  Is the drawn figure a stand in for Sir Forscale?  

Edited by NecroMancer

well that makes up my mind need to buy ma'al to fight argent and kaldrax 3 way death fight between them.

5 people like this

2 minutes ago, Exwilly said:

well that makes up my mind need to buy ma'al to fight argent and kaldrax 3 way death fight between them.

If it's a "death fight", then Kaladrax has already won! :devil:

8 people like this

1 hour ago, Reaperbryan said:

I think the $20 price tag is why people didn't think he was a Capstone.

He's a foot tall, and by the looks LONGER then that. How do people think that's NOT a capstone???? And $20 bucks, that's a freaking deal!

I get an extra Jackson by July, I may even buy two:)

4 people like this

but also on top of that i need to buy cthulu maashaaf, shubniggurath and khanjira(not an old god i think but he would fit in with them) to go along with my other old god nhothotep(cant spell)

1 person likes this

I hunk another factor in the belief the Argent wasn't the capstone was the fact it was just an image.  Not only did that make it hard for people to appreciate, it gave it the feel if something that did not hold capstone importance.   I know there were probably lots of factors going on that we know nothing about, but I strongly urge Reaper to have something physically existing to show for their capstone pieces in the future.   I think we can all remember the impact of seeing Mal rotating in his fully formed glory.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, terminalmancer said:

You most certainly did not.

I looked through the campaign posts a little bit and I think I see what happened. is that if you looked at the price point and went "That's cool, what's the capstone?" the line "We've got just a few hours to go, and we're NOT DONE showing new rewards! Stay Tuned!" would be totally consistent with the mistaken assumption that Argent wasn't the capstone and there was another big one coming.

I *have* to say we're NOT DONE like that because I learned years ago that if I don't, some numbskull chimes in with OH MY GOD THEY ARE OUT OF REWARDS THIS IS THE END THERE'S NO MORE PANIC PANIC PANIC and you people FREAK out like we turned a firehose on a nursery full of kittens.  You'll note I had to keep saying "AND WE"RE NOT DONE WITH CORE" because somebody would *inevitably* say ".. uh so, I guess there's no more core, huh? What a ripoff".

SO i make a point, when I am confident that we will have more reveals, of saying that I know there are more reveals.

That you people want to interpret that as "oh, this isn't the capstone" is on you people.

For that matter, all this gnashing of teeth over what is and isn't a "capstone" - where does this obsession come from? We have 5 goals we saved for the end, that were our big point-of-pride-something-new-and-(for us)-revolutionary and those are what I think of as Capstones. Blacksting, Dance of Death, Barge, Argent, Treeman. 

First off, Capstone is MY TERM. I made it up to describe Nethyrmaul (in Bones 1, remember that $1,000,000 was a pie-in-the-sky goal to us - I personally bet on 1.1 mil) , Kaladrax, C'thulhu, DDS2, Khanjira, Ma'alDrakar, T'Raukzul, and these 5 things. 

I feel like here you guys have ascribed some mythic, intrinsic quality that, honestly, never existed.

24 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I know I asked a couple of days ago but I am hoping that since  @Reaperbryan is around that I might get a better answer.

How big is Nyarlathotep?  Is the drawn figure a stand in for Sir Forscale?  

Well, he's a drawing on a piece of paper. So I cannot give you a height or width or anything. But yes, that is supposed to provide a sense of scale relative to a human-analogue miniature.

12 people like this

Cool!  So you're telling me he is huge!  Or at least very large!

1 person likes this

@Reaperbryan u always do a good job even when people want to put words in your mouth

3 people like this

Maal was just the icing on the cake during Bones 3.  We still had a lot of reveals shown after it that were the sprinkles and candles.

4 people like this

36 minutes ago, Exwilly said:

Kaladrax, True Neutral God of Dragons?

Edited by etherial
3 people like this

24 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

I feel like here you guys have ascribed some mythic, intrinsic quality that, honestly, never existed.

Yeah, probably. :)

I *have* to say we're NOT DONE like that because I learned years ago that if I don't, some numbskull chimes in with OH MY GOD THEY ARE OUT OF REWARDS THIS IS THE END THERE'S NO MORE PANIC PANIC PANIC and you people FREAK out like we turned a firehose on a nursery full of kittens.  You'll note I had to keep saying "AND WE"RE NOT DONE WITH CORE" because somebody would *inevitably* say ".. uh so, I guess there's no more core, huh? What a ripoff".

SO i make a point, when I am confident that we will have more reveals, of saying that I know there are more reveals.

That you people want to interpret that as "oh, this isn't the capstone" is on you people.

For that matter, all this gnashing of teeth over what is and isn't a "capstone" - where does this obsession come from? We have 5 goals we saved for the end, that were our big point-of-pride-something-new-and-(for us)-revolutionary and those are what I think of as Capstones. Blacksting, Dance of Death, Barge, Argent, Treeman. 

First off, Capstone is MY TERM. I made it up to describe Nethyrmaul (in Bones 1, remember that $1,000,000 was a pie-in-the-sky goal to us - I personally bet on 1.1 mil) , Kaladrax, C'thulhu, DDS2, Khanjira, Ma'alDrakar, T'Raukzul, and these 5 things.

I was someone who was initially a little disappointed at "not having gotten the capstone" and in hindsight, yeah, it was totally my fault. I did not mean to imply that it was in any way your fault or even your problem--just that for those of us who missed how big Argent was and didn't catch on that he was supposed to be a big sonufagun until later, that was probably the point where we looked at the update and went "There's something else big coming?! I wanna see it!" I know a handful of other folks I was talking to outside of the forums on Saturday all had the same reaction and I'm not sure I can entirely explain how we all got to the same point--some sort of bad feedback loop, possibly. Humans are weird.

tl:dr; trying to explain my mistakes, not yours!

8 people like this