ladystorm

Funded
Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

8788 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

I like to think of him as Mr. Bones in his early 20s. While he was a college student doing his summer job offering guided boat tours.

It's also where he met Mrs. Bones. :wub:

4 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Sounds like it it would make a great TV show in the vein of The Love Boat!   Every week it could have a different set of dead celebrities playing the passengers... :lol:

I need this fanfic now!

9 people like this

7 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Any thoughts on why there weren't any sculpts offered in the harder grey plastic like the Wizard of Oz minis from Bones 3? 

The grey isn't harder plastic, it is simply colorant. 

TPTB have decided all Chronoscope models will be produced in that color so there were items in B4 that will be grey.

This change is well over a year old, closer to two. It just takes time to work through stock on hand.

10 people like this

2 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

I don' t know,....sounds like an idea that would eventually just come back and bite you in the butt.  :lol:

Only if you are one of the people that put your wallet in your back pocket!

5 people like this

2 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Sounds like it it would make a great TV show in the vein of The Love Boat!   Every week it could have a different set of dead celebrities playing the passengers... :lol:

I can hear the theme song now... Wouldn't even have to change many of the lyrics.

The Dead boat soon will be making another run

The Dead boat promises something for everyone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_wFEB4Oxlo

2 hours ago, ShaneB said:

Just FYI, when clicking on the picture of Rauthuros on https://www.reapermini.com/Bones4 , it brings up the Stygian Barge picture instead.

Using Google Chrome; cleared image cache; same result.

Either that's already been fixed, or something else is going on. Not seeing that here.

4 people like this

7 minutes ago, Brennor said:

I can hear the theme song now... Wouldn't even have to change many of the lyrics.

The Dead boat soon will be making another run

The Dead boat promises something for everyone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_wFEB4Oxlo

Gosh, your right. It's been a while since I heard it. That whole song  works with just changing "Love" to "Death".  Kind of spooky...:huh:

Of course that show did kind of herald the death of many an actor's career...:B): 

8 people like this

...Ok, now I want a Mr Bones figure in a little Captian's hat!  :lol:

8 people like this

And I just had my mind blown on the Reaper Facebook page...

Am I the only one who didn't know that Mr Bones started his career as the Ghost of Christmas Future!? 

Christmas Sophie Set

10 people like this

11 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Am I the only one who didn't know that Mr Bones started his career as the Ghost of Christmas Future!? 

Christmas Sophie Set

Mwahahaha!  Always happy to inform.

I think I had only found out due to one of the old Bones calculators someone threw together compared them to their price in metal, and he was on there.

6 people like this

16 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Christmas Sophie Set

Actually found that out when I was digging through Bones 1 KS links just a couple of weeks ago. Didn't know that before then either. Always thought Mr. Bones was something specifically for the Bones Kickstarters, never looked into it any deeper.

6 people like this

2 hours ago, Brennor said:

Actually found that out when I was digging through Bones 1 KS links just a couple of weeks ago. Didn't know that before then either. Always thought Mr. Bones was something specifically for the Bones Kickstarters, never looked into it any deeper.

That's what I had thought too.  I guess I am last to know! :rolleyes:

Edited by Chris Palmer
3 people like this

1 hour ago, Chris Palmer said:

Christmas Sophie Set

That's why, when you search for "bones" on reaper's site, that set shows up at the very end.

8 people like this

5 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

I like to think of him as Mr. Bones in his early 20s. While he was a college student doing his summer job offering guided boat tours.

It's also where he met Mrs. Bones. :wub:

All ladies like a man who has his own yacht.:lol:

10 people like this

On 9/11/2017 at 4:33 PM, Reaperbryan said:

So, what we have is a solution that pings for a result from AU post.

If there is a result, then the table returns a postage result.

If no result, then we refer to a cached copy of the tables, and we will cache new copies every few weeks. Rates don't change so much in a few weeks that it's a problem.

If that fails, we sacrifice a goat.

How bad are things if you have to sacrifice a hecatomb? (Hey, I don't get to use the word hecatomb all that often... I gotta grab every chance I get!)

The Auld Grump

2 people like this

b929b0111920280fd185814b4960097b_origina

So... how long do you think it might take the party to figure out that the barge is the lich's phylactery? (Sometimes it is the big things that are hard to notice....)

The Auld Grump

19 people like this

On 9/11/2017 at 5:47 PM, Reaperbryan said:

those pirates are always sneakin' off Rummin' and Groggin' and Wenchin'!

Well, it IS in the job description....::D:

9 people like this