ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

9 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

In previous KS was Mr. Bones offered as part of the core or an add on?  Or was he just given to all backers as a reward?

previous KS he was a core addition

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

So... how long do you think it might take the party to figure out that the barge is the lich's phylactery? (Sometimes it is the big things that are hard to notice....)

That's a fantastic idea!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

So... how long do you think it might take the party to figure out that the barge is the lich's phylactery? (Sometimes it is the big things that are hard to notice....)

The Auld Grump

In "Reign of Winter" and Pathfinder in general, Baba Yaga is, of course, a Witch, who get most of their big abilities from their familiar and suffer greatly without them.

Her familiar is her Dancing Hut.  Both give each other insane bonuses. 

• Like 9

As I posted earlier that I had locked in my initial order. I went in last night, after the power came back on, and filled in my current "gotta have it" list, adding Rauthuros and the Stygian Barge. This is definitely going to be my largest Bones delivery yet.

• Like 5

On 9/11/2017 at 11:53 PM, Zink said:

Am I the only one that though Rauthuros was big enough to begin with? I still haven't done anything with the first Bones one. The styxian barge is looking pretty interesting but not sure I'll get it. Lots of time to think about it.

Not really. I am a.bit disappointed with the size of models.  Since it's not metal was hoping for even bigger sets , but the metal molds are so expensive I guess it makes sense...

• Like 1

Questions for all:

What mini are you most excited to paint?

Which mini do you think will be the hardest/take you the longest to paint?

What mini are you buying the most of (now or planned at retail)?

What do you hope to see most in Bones 5?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For my own answers to my questions:

The Frost Giants and Lords of Hell look like they'll have a lot going on and seem like they'll be very rewarding to flesh out with paint.

I think the Zombie Dragon may be the hardest for me to get to look the way I imagine it and Dance of Death will probably take the longest, just due to size and it being two separate dragons

The Statues - Currently have 7 sets of each selected :D
Also getting 3 sets total (2 from core, 1 extra) of both Monsters (griffon/wyvern/owlbear) and Dire Animals)
Everything else is 2 or less.

I'd love to see a troop of bards
I like the idea of seeing more Catfolk and other humaniods that are not currently well represented.
More Djinn and Efreeti would be great too

• Like 5

The Mammoth

The Stygian Barge

The little row boat from Dreadmere ( Retail)

The Gulper ( retail)

A Woolly Rhino or a Kronosaurus

• Like 7

For me:

Argent - already looking at what slight modifications to make to the head, to get it closer to this:

Bahamut4e.jpg

Not sure if i want to do metallics on it. I'm thinking not. 

Agrammon, i'm interested in, just to get the modifications done so he looks more like Bel:

bel.jpg

So sword has to be redone, teeth and maybe make larger wings (may not both with that though).

The Chaos Frogs - cause Slaad are cool....

Bahamut (Argent), Dance of Death, Dragon Turtle - these i will most likely use as contest entries @ Sword & Brush the year we get the models (or the year after) so will have to paint them to competition standard.  Most models i dont try. I try to make them look good, but i do separate contest entries vs other.  The only Bones piece i have so far that I want to do at a competition level is the Froghemoth.  (already started conversions and base planning for it)

Just 1 of whatever i am buying. dont buy duplicates (although planning to trade some stuff to get duplicates to trade within my friends group)

- Hecatoncheries (yes, with 50 heads and 100 arms) -- something like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

- rare demonlords (Juiblex, Shaktari, Obox-ox, Sestrous, etc)

- Demogorgon

- Archdevil set (Mammon, Asmodeus, Geryon, Mephisto, etc)

- Zaratan :) :) (but it would need to be BIG - i'd imagine to do it right, would need to be an add on that costs $75-$100 on its own!)

- more chaos toads (the other types)

Regards,

Sanjay

Edited by StarFyre
  • Like 7

Mossbeard

The Stygian Barge / Baba Yagga's Hut. Depends on which I obsess over and blast out for an adventure and which I fiddle with forever. 

Now- The monsters core breakout. It is really the only thing I am getting duplicates of, a group of Griffons, Owlbears, or Wyverns is going to be awesome.

Retail - The terror fish guys from dredmere, the dino-men if the final poses are a little more actiony, or the crab dudes from the Fan Expansion

A shambling mound

Translucent Gem Dragons

More exotic golems

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, dschumm said:

Retail - The terror fish guys from dredmere

Ah! I forgot those guys, I will definitely be getting a little school of them retail :D

I mean -- Can you just imagine this coming at you?!

59ba95ce1132c_terrorfishschool.png.b6fb521a700cfeeef7d520e3e7fe49ae.png

(my MS Paint skills are obviously amazing :P )

• Like 12

Questions for all:

Mini most excited to paint? Uh... that's a tough one. Dance of Death, Dragon Turtle, Frost Giant Raiders? I DON'T KNOW I LIKE THEM ALL. 

Which will be the hardest to paint? Dance of Death. The others, while large and with much possibility, don't seem as complex in my mind. 

Which am I buying the most of? Got two of the high rollers (one for me, one for a friend), and a few other repeats for when me and the BF couldn't decide who got it.

Bones V? CAT DRAGON. Uhh... awesome Bones? Mousling-related stuff? I'll get back to you on that. I'm fickle but easy to please on minis. 

• Like 6

The Owlbear

From Core, Gauth. Otherwise Dance of Death.

Looking at the core image again, I guess Kobolds. :huh:

Really though, High Rollers. Forsee several gifts made out of these sets! ::D:

More Reaper awesomeness!

... wait, that's a given, isn't it?

Really though:

• More clockwork creatures
  • More Shadowrun appropriate minis
  • Rakshasa

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Kro said:

Questions for all:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pack terrapin and handler

The Frost Giant Raiders (Look at all the little details on those ladies!)

Now, the Snakemen Cultists, Giant Apes, and the Ghost Pirates; because I know I want units of those.

Retail, probably the Fan Favorite Cavalry for the same reason.  

Terrain, and more troop types presented in goups of 3, 4, or 5, for gamers using rules requiring unit sized forces.

• Like 5