ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

13 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

The fishwife looks like she's gonna beat someone with that fish :ik_oops:

Probably her husband because he was "fishing " for too long and reeked of gin when he got home.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

It has been pointed out to me that most of the Darkmere villagers would also work well for Warhammer 40k NPCs with minor conversion work.

• Like 5

I just realized that wherever I am when Bones 4 arrives will be smaller than the place I live now. Sir Cyr was excited about Bones 4 too. I should make sure he knows that we'll need a closet for all the loot... heh. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

If what you're getting will fit in a closet, you didn't get enough.::D:::P:

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

37 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

You haven't seen my closet obviously (though some people call it a garage haha:rolleyes:)

Edited by Ratmaster2000
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Heh. It might... if there weren't all the other minis. >.> 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Maybe it's a big closet?

I'm clearly not doing it "well enough", since mine doesn't even take up a few shelf in a closet....

2 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

You haven't seen my closet obviously (though some people call it a garage haha:rolleyes:)

Nothing wrong with such forward thinking!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I just realized that wherever I am when Bones 4 arrives will be smaller than the place I live now. Sir Cyr was excited about Bones 4 too. I should make sure he knows that we'll need a closet for all the loot... heh. 

Don't think of it as a closet filler, think of it as a lovely addition to your domicile. ^_^

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

So since I am bored (or depressed, same difference), and in trying to keep these posts on topic, I thought I would open a train of thought on what would happen with the wraiths and figure out what to do to make two sets of NOT ringwraiths. so, the first six in both sets is pretty easy, just leave them as is. Now, three would go to one set and the other three to another.  I am referring to the numbers shown on the pledge in this post, So, since 802 looks like the leader of the ring wraiths, it obvious that would be the leader in both sets, but what to do with the third? I think the simplest would be to just cut the scepter from his left arm and call it a day? 805, I am thinking of cutting off the head of the axe, and taking 182 (these are coming from the core III set picture numbers) from the weapons sprue and have him hold a double headed axe, or alternately using 251. for 801, I was thinking of adding 233 to his right hand. for 803 and 806, maybe use 234 in their off-hands? that just leaves 804, since it looks like he has wolverine like claws in his left hand, I don't really want to try and hack those off, so maybe hack off his main hand weapon and add a different weapon in it's place? But which one? the two headed hammer #186 maybe? Thoughts??

• Like 4

Hopping on the Kickstarter late to the game, but really looking forward to going in on this! Getting a core set, Dreadmere & a few other add-ons. Tempted to get other expansions, but there's more than a few things in each that don't really fit my flavor of minis. For example, a giant mammoth has no place in my collection. I've seen items from the previous kickstarters listed on eBay, but do people on here sell/trade items?

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, DavePgh said:

I've seen items from the previous kickstarters listed on eBay, but do people on here sell/trade items?

As per the forum board rules, no Commerce is allowed on the Reaper forums.

No selling or trading allowed.

• Like 7

There is however the box of good will that goes around occasionally.  Details can be found in the Mini Exchanges and Paint Contests section of the forum.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, DavePgh said:

Hopping on the Kickstarter late to the game, but really looking forward to going in on this! Getting a core set, Dreadmere & a few other add-ons. 

Welcome to the Bones Kickstarter madness! :) 

I think it's fair to say that there isn't a single mini that I've gotten rid of, thinking "I'll never use this", that I haven't wished I had back a year or two later when my interests went in a different direction! :lol:   Sometimes it's been just couple days later that I find a desperate need for a mini that I just sold or traded...  That's why some of us have boxes o'minis stashed all over the house; cause you just never know! :rolleyes:

• Like 8