ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

On 2/9/2018 at 6:02 PM, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Izzy is certainly an amazing artist. :wub:

I don't doubt her skill but I do worry about the Bones material holding the details.  

Yay update! 

I like those dark elves!

I really want to see Nyarlathotep(?) I know I have said that before but I would like to see what its going to look like before I commit to buying.  I would also like to see a finalized concept of Argent.  

• Like 7

I was on the fence about Darkreach but wound up adding it in my LAST LAST LAST Pledge Manager addition.  

I'm glad I did after seeing those!  The Grappling Grotesque and Burnt Sienna Smasher are really cool, and the Dark Elves look unique enough from the other Elf lines.

It's too bad the not-Beholder is so different a design from its usual depictions.

• Like 7

On 2/17/2018 at 1:53 AM, Nunae said:

I like that not-an-Umberhulk and the definetly-not-Hook-horror a lot.

So do I!

• Like 4

I'm super worried/excited for the rulers of hell as well. I'm hoping we don't have a pretty/deadly situation like last time. Not that i'm disappointed w/ the pretty/deadly minis, but i was so much more excited based on the concept pictures. The poses were more dynamic, they weren't cookie cutter like a bunch of poses are. They went from like an "i need 10 of these" to an "i'm glad i have these, maybe i'll get some more if i find uses for the ones i've got right now".

The elves? the elves are cool. i don't find much use for very stylized dark elves in my games, but should still be fun to paint anyway.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2018 at 3:31 PM, NecroMancer said:

Yay update! 

I like those dark elves!

I really want to see Nyarlathotep(?) I know I have said that before but I would like to see what its going to look like before I commit to buying.  I would also like to see a finalized concept of Argent.  

Kevin Williams showed me a couple of Izzy's artwork at Rcon last year. If Kevin matches the artwork it'll be a great figure. Thou one had a top hat as a joke. After seeing that I kinda would like to have it added now. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

[MOD]

Just a reminder, this is the thread for our Bones 4 Kickstarter Project.  Off topic posts have been removed.  There are other available open threads for wish lists of items to see added to our various lines.

[/MOD]

On 7/31/2017 at 1:46 PM, ladystorm said:

In an effort to reduce confusion by people seeking information and asking on topic questions, we are creating two threads for our Bones 4 Kickstarter.

This is the thread for conversations, enthusiasm, and commentary.   

This thread will be lightly moderated to ensure forum rules are followed and specific questions may be relocated to the Official Information thread.

• Like 2

Megan took the opportunity to use the Bones IV KS to... intimidate me... 'It's too bad the Tree of Despair won't be her until next February'....

Good, goood!! Soon she shall join me on the Dark Side, and together we will rule the Galaxy!

The uld Grump - Really, it's the giant catfish that worries me....

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

Just used my birthday money to add the Fan Favorites expansion!  :bday:  That completes the list of Expansions I wanted:  Dreadmere, Darkreach, Lost Vally and Fan Favorites.   I now just have a couple more of the Add-Ons to fund  before the cut off date this summer.

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Just used my birthday money to add the Fan Favorites expansion!  :bday:  That completes the list of Expansions I wanted:  Dreadmere, Darkreach, Lost Vally and Fan Favorites.   I now just have a couple more of the Add-Ons to fund  before the cut off date this summer.

I still have lost valley and fan favorites to fund, but if no extreme issues come up, everything I want is budgeted :)

• Like 4

You know... when I plunked down all the money for all the things right up front, it was less painful than this slow burn, where I keep adding money as I can. 

I keep seeing so many things I HAVE TO HAVE, but I need to pull out the NOPE! (I just need to work more, and then I can be back to swimming in my bones. :lol: )

But it will feel so, so good, when I don't have to keep making the agonizing decisions of which things not to add to my order this time. 

Only $624 more to go! *whimpers*

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 11

I've narrowed my list down to just... $492 USD with shipping, if I remember correctly.  Nothing ordered yet though, but hopefully will be able to start chipping away at it soon.  I definitely want in on this Kickstarter. 

• Like 4