ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

I’ve really gone crazy getting all but one of the Expansion sets this year (decided against the Sci-Fi one).  With the past Kickstarters I could always easily manage to limit myself to just one Expansion; but this year, the quality of the Expansions seemed to have gone way up, and that combined with the long period of having the Pledge Manager open is making this my biggest Bones KS (and possibly biggest of any KS) yet!   

Gosh it’s going to be amazingly fun when that big box arrives from Texas!

Evil, wicked, tricksy Reaper! So scientifically figuring out how to separate hobbiests from their money! :lol:

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

I'm still sad the sci-fi expansion didn't have a fun big new thing. :unsure:  Maybe there will be a power-up before the end?  

Only a year to go! 

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

You know... when I plunked down all the money for all the things right up front, it was less painful than this slow burn, where I keep adding money as I can. 

I keep seeing so many things I HAVE TO HAVE, but I need to pull out the NOPE! (I just need to work more, and then I can be back to swimming in my bones. :lol: )

But it will feel so, so good, when I don't have to keep making the agonizing decisions of which things not to add to my order this time. 

Only $624 more to go! *whimpers*

I haven't been able to add this time around. Glad I am already paid up for Core and four sets (not the Chronoscope one), but wish I could be chipping away at the other add on options.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

You know... when I plunked down all the money for all the things right up front, it was less painful than this slow burn, where I keep adding money as I can. 

I keep seeing so many things I HAVE TO HAVE, but I need to pull out the NOPE! (I just need to work more, and then I can be back to swimming in my bones. :lol: )

But it will feel so, so good, when I don't have to keep making the agonizing decisions of which things not to add to my order this time. 

Only $624 more to go! *whimpers*

I feel your pain. In other kickstarters I just dropped my maximum amount and then pretty much ignored it until it was fulfillment time. This time I've only put in about half of my intended amount and I keep staring at it trying to decide what I can fit in the other half. I just don't think I should be doing over $600 to get almost all of what interests me. I'm trying to keep my total under $400 with shipping and it isn't easy. 

Edited by Zink
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Zink said:

I feel your pain. In other kickstarters I just dropped my maximum amount and then pretty much ignored it until it was fulfillment time. This time I've only put in about half of my intended amount and I keep staring at it trying to decide what I can fit in the other half. I just don't think I should be doing over $600 to get almost all of what interests me. I'm trying to keep my total under $400 with shipping and it isn't easy. 

If nothing changes, I have budgeted right around $780.00, that's pretty much been $65.00 a month since the pledge manager opened. Seems like a lot, but I have also missed the first 3 kickstarters (well, I did get KS3 core set off ebay). 

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

If nothing changes, I have budgeted right around $780.00, that's pretty much been $65.00 a month since the pledge manager opened. Seems like a lot, but I have also missed the first 3 kickstarters (well, I did get KS3 core set off ebay). 

I was in all of the previous KS but still want more!!!!! Just glanced at my pledges and realised there's no way I'll keep it under $400. I'm at $300 already and my minimum order to add is around $200. If Bones was my only hobby purchase for the year I like the first 2 KS I wouldn't torment myself over it. But I got other things going on too. One of my quirks is fussing about how much and what to buy for minis. Other stuff I just buy or don't and don't worry about it.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Zink said:

I was in all of the previous KS but still want more!!!!! Just glanced at my pledges and realised there's no way I'll keep it under $400. I'm at $300 already and my minimum order to add is around $200. If Bones was my only hobby purchase for the year I like the first 2 KS I wouldn't torment myself over it. But I got other things going on too. One of my quirks is fussing about how much and what to buy for minis. Other stuff I just buy or don't and don't worry about it.

Yeah, I've got about another $200 I want to add...  I really need to get a job soon!!

• Like 6

I'm mostly done thanks to Christmas and birthday money. And I'm kinda behind on painting so it's okay to put all the hobby budget into a KS.

I still need bases and maybe one of those instruction DVDs. And my total isn't that high, after all, some of the things in my account are my boyfriend's pledges. :rolleyes:

• Like 5

I am sitting at about 250 and a friend has an additional 100. I will probably end up dropping another 100 to get some big pieces. I need a roc for sure. 

• Like 3

...I had trouble persuading myself down to 1 of each thing. But it looks like I can *just barely* afford to get 1 of everything other than the dice guys (not getting bases, dvds)...I had originally wanted 2 of the fantasy expansions. I've managed to convince myself I don't need more than one...

*This and reapercon are the only hobby spending I intend to do for January - August 2018...

I lied a little. I don't like Cthulu mythos, so I'm not getting Nyarlothotep, and the high rollers are tempting me more each day...

It doesn't help that I'm waiting until July to add the last $200 on...

• Like 7

Okay, I finally locked in 1 of each expansion except for the chronoscope one.  

• Like 5

I'm refraining from the Darkmeer.

I was on the brink of adding it, but I have no use for all the humans.

I'm kinda hoping that some stuff will be made into metal.

The boat, The Terrapin...

On 2/27/2018 at 6:12 AM, Glitterwolf said:

I think the likelihood of either the boat or the terrapin being made into metal is pretty slim... 

My usual way to look at it is to try to figure out how much everything will cost in retail, figure out how much everything I want would cost, and compare that to the kickstarter cost. The only set that was even close... and it was very close, was the sci-fi set. 

• Like 7

On 2/27/2018 at 6:12 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Sounds like the humans would make good BoGW fodder...when they were revealed, it sounded like a lot of people were excited to get more townsfolk...

• Like 8
  • Haha 2