ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

I pledged for two barges..

Lately I'm considering to turn one into an Undead Landship...

• Like 13

5 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Of course, my box was actually pretty small compared to what some folks got :ik_oops:I need to add more to my pledge. 

That's the spirit!!::D:

• Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I haven't added nearly enough to the PM yet, and it'll take me some more time to see how much I can add. Still recovering from Irma, but I do see an opportunity a month or two before the PM closes that can ensure this be the biggest KS for me yet . . . 

• Like 9

I should make my final selections. I don't think we've seen anything official, but I don't see any point in holding out for more Power Ups.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I'm determined to get a DVD set this time. I can't decide between the Jen Haley/Anne Foerster set or the Marike Reimer set. I do like the idea of watching two of my favorite artists interact and offer different views, but Reimer includes animals. Anybody have some advice?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

I'm determined to get a DVD set this time. I can't decide between the Jen Haley/Anne Foerster set or the Marike Reimer set. I do like the idea of watching two of my favorite artists interact and offer different views, but Reimer includes animals. Anybody have some advice?

From what I have heard, the Reimer ones are more advanced. Pick based on skill/confidence, perhaps? 

• Like 4

I'm really on the fence about the Tree of Dispair. At first it was a definite no but I've warmed up to it a bit. 

I'm still not completely crazy about it but I think it might be cool.  I wish there were runes or something carved into it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

I'd go with the Jen/Anne one, for the exact reason you gave:)

55 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I'm really on the fence about the Tree of Dispair. At first it was a definite no but I've warmed up to it a bit. 

I'm still not completely crazy about it but I think it might be cool.  I wish there were runes or something carved into it. 

Dremel tool your own?

• Like 9

I have been thinking and I decided not to include Dreadmere.

When I narrow it down I only really want the Terrapin, the boat and the Grouper.

That doesn't justify a whole set, and I will get these in retail.

There are some nice reptiles/frogs etc, but I already have a full army waiting to be painted and I'm getting the Nagendra already.

So these funds will go into Baba Yaga Hut. I will leave the legs off and use it a as a centre terrain piece for my Undead army.

I'm not sure yet if I shouldn't take two so I can show one from the back, there is a little tower on the other side, maybe paint them up in different colours and add some stuff like raven or bats to one of them.

Make some slight alterations to one.

I could have a small town overrun with the Undead.

Put my Kaladrax on the Obsidian Crypt piece in there, together with the Graveyard set and some smaller crypts I have and it might look awesome.

What do you think?

Could one alter a Baba Yaga Hut enough to show both from different angles and make it believeable that these are two different houses.?

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 9

On 3/12/2018 at 4:15 AM, Glitterwolf said:

I pledged for two barges..

Lately I'm considering to turn one into an Undead Landship...

Seen Stardust? Turn one into a FLYING undead ship! 

::P:

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I have been thinking and I decided not to include Dreadmere.

When I narrow it down I only really want the Terrapin, the boat and the Grouper.

That doesn't justify a whole set, and I will get these in retail.

There are some nice reptiles/frogs etc, but I already have a full army waiting to be painted and I'm getting the Nagendra already.

So these funds will go into Baba Yaga Hut. I will leave the legs off and use it a as a centre terrain piece for my Undead army.

I'm not sure yet if I shouldn't take two so I can show one from the back, there is a little tower on the other side, maybe paint them up in different colours and add some stuff like raven or bats to one of them.

Make some slight alterations to one.

I could have a small town overrun with the Undead.

Put my Kaladrax on the Obsidian Crypt piece in there, together with the Graveyard set and some smaller crypts I have and it might look awesome.

What do you think?

Could one alter a Baba Yaga Hut enough to show both from different angles and make it believeable that these are two different houses.?

But but.... all the Dreadmere goodness .... or darkness! 

Might be able to alter the hut to look different enough. If you greenstuffed the windows to look whole, replaced some missing shingles, that could help too. Get them in different states of disrepair. That might turn into a "before and after" sort of thing though for shiny new house versus abused-by-witch house. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

Seen Stardust? Turn one into a FLYING undead ship! 

::P:

But but.... all the Dreadmere goodness .... or darkness! 

Might be able to alter the hut to look different enough. If you greenstuffed the windows to look whole, replaced some missing shingles, that could help too. Get them in different states of disrepair. That might turn into a "before and after" sort of thing though for shiny new house versus abused-by-witch house. 

I want both houses to be a bit dark and ruined.

They will be part of my Undead set up..

A Flying Undead Ship?

Hmm, another great idea...

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

You can always carve them in yourself.

After all, that's how they become adornments for real trees.

Runes are probably the easiest form of writing to carve as the entire runic alphabet is based on straight lines.

GEM

• Like 6

I just had a new idea on how to paint one of my DoDs.... volcanic lightning style. Get the white-purple-blues from the air and lightning, and then reds-browns-yellows from the ground and the lava. *ponders color schemes*

• Like 8

I know I keep kicking this dead horse cat dragon JUST kidding::P:

Seriously though, I am getting close to finalizing my final choices before July, and this one stands or falls on what will be included.

I am talking of course about the Trolls add-on, can we please get a confirmation on the battering ham? This is really holding me back on a lock in, @Reaper Ron any chance we can get some kind of official answer?

• Like 3

There is a cat with wings in this familair pack.

https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/familiar/sku-down/02593

I pledged for the fan pack, but I might pick up an extra mammoth in retail as well.

It looks awesome, and I have many ideas.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 3