ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

1 minute ago, Talae said:

Now I need to process how OCD I am going to be for the toppers to match across entire walls...and which style I want.

My plan is to match 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 across my graveyard - that way, it can be symmetrical, but I can still have all the styles!

19 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Sammich baggie, shove back in box ::D:

Don't have the box...but I'll probably do sandwich bag back into drawers.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I just counted the number of pillars for a single set - 10, if you include the 2 on the gate. So, you need 20 in total. The core comes with 5*6 = 30, so you should be good.

I'm not sure how many columns come with the extra walls, but it is probably safe to say that you are both good - since I presume, if anything, it comes with less columns than the graveyard set. As my math above suggests, the 30 toppers you get from core should be enough, unless you want matching. Anyone who wants all their toppers to match will have to get extras.

Also, yes, I did rip open my bag of fences from the graveyard set in order to count...now to find a new storage method...

2 hours ago, Talae said:

Now I need to process how OCD I am going to be for the toppers to match across entire walls...and which style I want.

Bother... I hadn't even considered all this... Now I need to pick which ones I want... hmm

Probably the gargoyles, but maybe the simple orbs... 

• Like 5

Hmmm, I was just reviewing the Bones miniatures I've collected over the course of 3 bones Kickstarters and in between, plus those I'll end up collecting with Bones KS IV, and I just realized I could realistically put together a 28mm version of a Bones Epcot . . . It's a Bones World after all . . . 

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

17 hours ago, Crowley said:

Bother... I hadn't even considered all this... Now I need to pick which ones I want... hmm

Probably the gargoyles, but maybe the simple orbs... 

I pledged for the braziers, Fire or magical fire!

• Like 4

Looked through the PM last night, definitely need to add the fantasy scenics and probably the new paint set.  Maybe a couple of other things....  

• Like 2

I believe that I have added everything with a cost more than $15 that I want. I figure if I dont add the cheaper stuff, I am more likely to be able to afford it later.

• Like 7

i think i still only have 1 pledge in the backerkit, i don't think i've made a second

there are a few things i'm considering, but i only really want bits and pieces so i think i'll wait to retail

Mmm. I should lock in the rest of the add-ons i like. 

Cannot decide if I want the larger rauthours (spelling) or not. 

• Like 2

On 7/31/2017 at 1:46 PM, ladystorm said:

In an effort to reduce confusion by people seeking information and asking on topic questions, we are creating two threads for our Bones 4 Kickstarter.

This is the thread for conversations, enthusiasm, and commentary.   

This thread will be lightly moderated to ensure forum rules are followed and specific questions may be relocated to the Official Information thread.

Link to project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-4-mr-bones-epic-adventure

Just a Moderation reminder, off topic posts are removed.

I am fully locked in on everything I want but am still debating on Paint set A and B, and Mossbeard... But will probably skip them. The only thing that I am likely to add is bases

lipped no slot round 60mm

flat no slot round 50mm

flat no slot round 75mm

flat no slot round 20mm

lipped no slot round 80mm

lipped no slot round 100mm

lipped no slot round 130mm

lipped no slot round 160mm

Still not sure why the 30mm don't come in "no slot". I would have bought a bunch as most of my human size minis (characters) are on 30mm, and my mooks and non-heroic bad guys are on 25mm.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Of course you do, he's only the most awesome demon ever.

I think I have everything I want, I probably am only going to add a few more bases.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

I thought about adding it, but I already have Narglauth and they are pretty much the same. I'm probably more likely to paint up and use the two armed version anyway. Truth be told, I'm not very good at painting metal weapons. Rauthuros scares me. :unsure:

Spoiler

17314.jpg

17341.jpg

I can't wait to see someone who is good at painting weapons give him a go. Would look awesome.

• Like 5

Similar thoughts to me - the demons are rather similar, I don't really need the second one. I guess he has extra arms. *shrug* I'm sure we'll see some neato paint jobs of him in the future though! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Humansquish said:

I think I have everything I want, I probably am only going to add a few more bases.

I know that, in general, one's "want" list tends to be longer than one's "need" list, I have found that when it comes to miniatures, my "want" list is always smaller than my "need" list . . . That's my story and I'm sticking too it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

4 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

I thought about adding it, but I already have Narglauth and they are pretty much the same. I'm probably more likely to paint up and use the two armed version anyway. Truth be told, I'm not very good at painting metal weapons. Rauthuros scares me. :unsure:

Reveal hidden contents

17314.jpg

17341.jpg

I can't wait to see someone who is good at painting weapons give him a go. Would look awesome.

4 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Similar thoughts to me - the demons are rather similar, I don't really need the second one. I guess he has extra arms. *shrug* I'm sure we'll see some neato paint jobs of him in the future though! 

I think the second set of arms is the only difference. I do have a need for Narglauth as a NOT balrog diorama I have in mind (and one of the greybeards in the core set is a perfect NOT gandalf). No need for the 4 arm version.

3 hours ago, Maredudd said:

I know that, in general, one's "want" list tends to be longer than one's "need" list, I have found that when it comes to miniatures, my "want" list is always smaller than my "need" list . . . That's my story and I'm sticking too it!

My want and need list are pretty much the same haha. I just need to lock in my May stuff, which is now just duplicate core extras, then June will see the return of the trolls (and the rest more core extras) and finally July will probably be the first painting DVD and all my bases then I'll be done.

• Like 3