ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

50 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

So I don't see a lot of people getting The Roc.  Why is that?

I am still on the fence about it and am curious about other people's opinions.

I have 2. Roc and giant hawk.

• Like 1

I am definitely getting a Roc as it is an impressive piece that I do not have in my collection yet. I think I have decided against scenics, just too much there I do not want. Too much dioramaesque. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NecroMancer said:

I'm also getting one. People asked for one for years. After seeing so many big dragons in earlier Bones kickstarters, we knew a truly big roc could be done. No way was I going to skip it. I only wish I had the skill to make a diorama of the roc attacking a grounded dragon. 

• Like 6

Well since everyone else is getting one (at least) then I better get one too ::D:

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, NecroMancer said:

We're getting one!  It helps that we just had a random encounter with a roc in our D&D game last month.  I still need to sort out a display case for our big stuff, though.  

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

We're getting one!  It helps that we just had a random encounter with a roc in our D&D game last month.  I still need to sort out a display case for our big stuff, though.  

My Roc will be going into one of my Detolf cases from Ikea. I think it will be a more traditional Roc instead of a Phoenix...although one of those is tempting too.

• Like 4

Ok, stop giving me excuses to buy 2 of something so I can do alternate paint schemes; I've already spent too much!

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

The roc is too big for my uses. If I thought I could get the base down to a 50mm square I'd use it as a phoenix in Kings of War, but I don't think it will work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

I am getting one. Going to have to get a sir forscale now and cut him off the base and put him in the claws as a piece of prey:)

3 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Translucent green ghost pirates in the Core. 

Translucent purple phase cat, fungus, and crystals in Darkreach. 

Translucent green passengers with the barge. 

I am, but I am hoping that the legs get more hawk-like. The legs remind me of a chicken more than a bird of prey. 

Oh, so you are saying we can swap out baba yaga's hut legs for these:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Oh, I need to get at least two, possibly three. One to be a giant eagle, one to be a Phoenix, and one to be a thunderbird. 

Wait, make that four. One to paint up like the Seattle seahawk, for Hubby's buddy.

Man, now I wish I had the funds for at least two Roc's:( maybe I can squeeze out some funds next month before pledge manager closes:(

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hmm speaking of Roc's, I wonder ,now that we are getting the battering ham, what that would look like in it's claws. And after looking at rocky, I finally figured out that on 825, those are actually his spiky eyebrows, NOT buggy eyes::o:

• Like 1

my two color scheme ideas. BUt i think i'm only going to get one, so i think i'll do the bottom one.

Roc1.thumb.jpg.48e48786d4df1ad6f6746a6eb81a2090.jpgRoc2.thumb.jpg.c9623986a56a22569d851aec3b7c2a49.jpg

• Like 14

I am tempted to go with three:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJO434jWvuFZd9FRveNKu

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

my two color scheme ideas. BUt i think i'm only going to get one, so i think i'll do the bottom one.

Roc1.thumb.jpg.48e48786d4df1ad6f6746a6eb81a2090.jpgRoc2.thumb.jpg.c9623986a56a22569d851aec3b7c2a49.jpg

That's awesome I wish I knew how to do that to test color schemes!  I like the bottom one too. 

Another question about the Roc...  Does anyone know of any Reaper figures that might fit on there as a rider without too much modification?

• Like 2

I'm glad that there is still another month before the pledge manager closes. I am currently getting 1 Roc, but reading some of these comments makes me desire another one (or two) in addition to the Stone Floor Tiles.

@Sirithiliel, I would also love to know how you did the color schemes.

• Like 4