ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Man everyone talking about getting human figures in metal and not bones is kind of making me regret getting the core set :mellow:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Man everyone talking about getting human figures in metal and not bones is kind of making me regret getting the core set :mellow:

As a counter to that, I am getting 2 core sets. And adding a bunch of human sized bones to my order as extras from the core set as well. I love bones, I use them as NPC's in my games, gifts to players for their PCs, and conversion fodder.

• Like 13

51 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I love the human sized Bones in terms of making gaming a friendlier hobby.   I've given away a few dozen Bones character figures to people I play games with, without any remorse. I would never do that with metal. 

I'm at about $1.50/mini.  If I add 2-3 more core sets, I can get that down to about a $1/mini.  

2 or 3 core sets? Man I would love to get two or three:)

4 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Bones have been getting better and better it seems, so do not regret. Until I see a huge difference OVERALL on metal versus bones, I will get bones and use the savings for MORE mini's.

Speaking of which, I do not know how at 400+ I still got a higher dollar per mini then most of you did. Weird. I still feel it's all worth it.

• Like 11

The problem is I just paint.  But I guess it gives the kids lots to paint and gives me a lot of practice pieces!

I like the idea of using them for conversions though!

Guess it will give me some stuff for BoGW too.

I'm at $1.32 per figure.  

Edited by NecroMancer
  • Like 10

5 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

The problem is I just paint.  But I guess it gives the kids lots to paint and gives me a lot of practice pieces!

Well, you can also use them for practicing new techniques or color choices. They are great for kids... unfortunately when my kids were the right age and showed interest my inpatience ruined it for them. My fault and a big regret.

As an alternative to the BoGW, you can just send me any unwanted bones. They will have a good home.

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

My biggest issue is with there being two of us, I'd have to factor in another $300 USD to get a pair of core sets, which is why I've held off on such for the moment.  Sure would bring my price per mini down though!  ... Couldn't resist.  Would bring me down to $1.72 per mini although double the amount of USD I'm putting into it.  352 minis overall would be the count.   ... Averaging out math makes you be able to say silly things like "I got dance of death for $1.72" which sounds a lot nicer than $11.xx or the listed $30.......

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

My biggest issue is with there being two of us, I'd have to factor in another $300 USD to get a pair of core sets, which is why I've held off on such for the moment.  Sure would bring my price per mini down though!  ... Couldn't resist.  Would bring me down to $1.72 per mini although double the amount of USD I'm putting into it.  352 minis overall would be the count.   ... Averaging out math makes you be able to say silly things like "I got dance of death for $1.72" which sounds a lot nicer than $11.xx or the listed $30.......

I like that as an excuse though! 

"Honey the dragon was only $1.48, how could I resist"!  

:lol::devil:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mckenna35 said:

I like that as an excuse though! 

"Honey the dragon was only $1.48, how could I resist"!  

:lol::devil:

Yeah, it would sure be a worthwhile one to try and distract from the overall purchase! 

We shall see, I wouldn't mind getting a full core set since it would coerce me to paint things I normally wouldn't go for. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I'm at $1.32 per figure.  

I also only paint.

And yet I have a lot of Bones.

Quality is getting better for smaller stuff, the big ones are very good.

And those I find lacking end up in a BOGW or as a gift.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, NecroMancer said:

I paint mostly for display too but I'm not going to regret the Core set. Pieces for sharing are great. Plus, the big pieces in there alone make it worth it, I think. 

• Like 8

i paint for fun, and my husband uses what i paint in his games. Some things are for pure display (he doesn't use giant  monsters like giants or dragons or Rocs in his games)

• Like 7

I got into painting because of Bones! So I'm in for everything but the SciFi expansion, scenics (Modern and Fantasy), tiles, and the really big ones like DoD, Skeleton/Zombie Dragons and the like. 

They're so affordable that I don't mind "messing" one up with my paint job, i.e. i'm willing to try and paint anything in Bones form. Also, you can drop them and little pieces don't come flying off. I'm in for about 380~ minis and am at about 1.38 a mini (that may change, I'm waffling back and forth on a few).

• Like 8

So you guys doing mini/$ got me curious.

I am getting 694 minis at $953.27 is $1.37/mini. Though this includes some multiples of big things like 2 Argents and 2 barges. Though you guys are right, getting Argent and the barge for $1.37 is pretty great.

• Like 11

I wish there was something that showed how many of each thing has been purchased.  Not that it would effect what I bought I am just super nosy.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1