ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

4 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I love the human sized Bones in terms of making gaming a friendlier hobby.   I've given away a few dozen Bones character figures to people I play games with, without any remorse. I would never do that with metal. 

I'm at about $1.50/mini.  If I add 2-3 more core sets, I can get that down to about a $1/mini.  

Absolutely. The human size Bones are great for new painters, and excellent for throwing on a table. I have used metal for so long though that I prefer it for gift pieces, even for tabletop. My players also know that if they wreck my paintjob I, the DM, will drop a meteor on them. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, ladystorm said:

I know we sprue small things together,  the actual number is very probably somewhere between the two for core and would account for those expansions. 

As I'm sitting at my gate ready to board for Origins, I am not going to fine tune the numbers right now.  Remind me mid-July when I expect more unclaimed time and I'll see what I can do then.

Fly safe and have fun! :wub:

• Like 5

Going by what's in my cart at the moment, I'll have 28 figures, at $11.80 each, but I'm mainly wanting the big ones like most of the dragons... 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ladystorm said:

I know we sprue small things together,  the actual number is very probably somewhere between the two for core and would account for those expansions. 

As I'm sitting at my gate ready to board for Origins, I am not going to fine tune the numbers right now.  Remind me mid-July when I expect more unclaimed time and I'll see what I can do then.

See at the con!

Erm, Bones 4 thread, getting the core, scenic, tree and barge. Maybe Argent. Waffling on a few others.

Edited by DocPiske
  • Like 2

Man everyone talking about getting human figures in metal and not bones is kind of making me regret getting the core set :mellow:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Man everyone talking about getting human figures in metal and not bones is kind of making me regret getting the core set :mellow:

As a counter to that, I am getting 2 core sets. And adding a bunch of human sized bones to my order as extras from the core set as well. I love bones, I use them as NPC's in my games, gifts to players for their PCs, and conversion fodder.

• Like 12

51 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I love the human sized Bones in terms of making gaming a friendlier hobby.   I've given away a few dozen Bones character figures to people I play games with, without any remorse. I would never do that with metal. 

I'm at about $1.50/mini.  If I add 2-3 more core sets, I can get that down to about a $1/mini.  

2 or 3 core sets? Man I would love to get two or three:)

4 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Bones have been getting better and better it seems, so do not regret. Until I see a huge difference OVERALL on metal versus bones, I will get bones and use the savings for MORE mini's.

Speaking of which, I do not know how at 400+ I still got a higher dollar per mini then most of you did. Weird. I still feel it's all worth it.

• Like 10

The problem is I just paint.  But I guess it gives the kids lots to paint and gives me a lot of practice pieces!

I like the idea of using them for conversions though!

Guess it will give me some stuff for BoGW too.

I'm at $1.32 per figure.  

Edited by NecroMancer
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

The problem is I just paint.  But I guess it gives the kids lots to paint and gives me a lot of practice pieces!

Well, you can also use them for practicing new techniques or color choices. They are great for kids... unfortunately when my kids were the right age and showed interest my inpatience ruined it for them. My fault and a big regret.

As an alternative to the BoGW, you can just send me any unwanted bones. They will have a good home.

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

My biggest issue is with there being two of us, I'd have to factor in another $300 USD to get a pair of core sets, which is why I've held off on such for the moment.  Sure would bring my price per mini down though!  ... Couldn't resist.  Would bring me down to $1.72 per mini although double the amount of USD I'm putting into it.  352 minis overall would be the count.   ... Averaging out math makes you be able to say silly things like "I got dance of death for $1.72" which sounds a lot nicer than $11.xx or the listed $30.......

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

My biggest issue is with there being two of us, I'd have to factor in another $300 USD to get a pair of core sets, which is why I've held off on such for the moment.  Sure would bring my price per mini down though!  ... Couldn't resist.  Would bring me down to $1.72 per mini although double the amount of USD I'm putting into it.  352 minis overall would be the count.   ... Averaging out math makes you be able to say silly things like "I got dance of death for $1.72" which sounds a lot nicer than $11.xx or the listed $30.......

I like that as an excuse though! 

"Honey the dragon was only $1.48, how could I resist"!  

:lol::devil:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mckenna35 said:

I like that as an excuse though! 

"Honey the dragon was only $1.48, how could I resist"!  

:lol::devil:

Yeah, it would sure be a worthwhile one to try and distract from the overall purchase! 

We shall see, I wouldn't mind getting a full core set since it would coerce me to paint things I normally wouldn't go for. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I'm at $1.32 per figure.  

I also only paint.

And yet I have a lot of Bones.

Quality is getting better for smaller stuff, the big ones are very good.

And those I find lacking end up in a BOGW or as a gift.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, NecroMancer said:

I paint mostly for display too but I'm not going to regret the Core set. Pieces for sharing are great. Plus, the big pieces in there alone make it worth it, I think. 

• Like 7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Crowley
      A DCC RPG boxed setting for Lankhmar, officially licensed by the estate of Fritz Leiber. Adventure with Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser!

There are three basic pledge levels:
      The PDF pledge level includes an electronic edition of the final boxed set. (Obviously there will be no box!) This level does not include any physical rewards, add-ons or stretch goals. The boxed set includes the core boxed set as described above. All electronic stretch goals (PDFs) will apply to this level. Some of the physical stretch goals will apply to this level, generally those that fit in the box. The final level includes the boxed set as well as the "print pack." All electronic stretch goals (PDFs) will apply to this level. All of the physical stretch goals will apply, as well. Those that do not fit in the box will be shipped in a separate "print pack." See below for more information on these stretch goals.  
      Stretch Goals
      DCC Lankhmar continues a long tradition in RPG gaming, and we want to do right by the estate of Fritz Leiber. The stretch goals associated with this Kickstarter will help create an even more amazing tribute to the world of Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser.
      Stretch goals fall into three categories:
      PDF stretch goals that all backers receive Print stretch goals that can fit into the boxed set, which will be included with any pledge that has the physical boxed set The "Print Pack," which is a printed collection of the stretch goals which don't fit in the boxed set Here is a rough outline of possible stretch goals, which may evolve as the Kickstarter continues.
      At $40,000: Cleared! We will add a new Lankhmar adventure module (PDF for all backers; print copy in the Print Pack)
      At $60,000: We will print the poster map larger (included in boxed set)
      At $80,000: We will add a second Lankhmar adventure module (PDF for all backers; print copy in the Print Pack)
      At $100,000: We will add a supplement called "A Dozen Lankhmar Locations," which will provide information, maps, and floorplans on setting adventures in a dozen famous Lankhmar locales (including the Silver Eel!) (PDF for all backers; print copy in the boxed set)
      At $120,000: We will add a third Lankhmar adventure module (PDF for all backers; print copy in the Print Pack)
      At $140,000: We will add a supplement called "Random NPCs in Lankhmar," which will provide tables and information for generating random NPCs that your PCs can encounter in Lankhmar (PDF for all backers; print copy in the Print Pack)
      At $160,000: We will add a fourth Lankhmar adventure module (PDF for all backers; print copy in the Print Pack)
      At $180,000: We will add a Lankhmar-themed three-panel Judges Screen (PDF for all backers; print copy in the boxed set)
      At $200,000: We will add a fifth Lankhmar adventure module (PDF for all backers; print copy in the Print Pack)
      At $220,000: We will add a cloth map in the boxed set (print copy in the boxed set)
      At $240,000: We will add a sixth Lankhmar adventure module (PDF for all backers; print copy in the Print Pack)
      At $250,000: We will add send Michael Curtis to Houston for a week to research the Fritz Leiber archives in the University of Houston. We anticipate this may result in a new product of some kind to be delivered to backers of this Kickstarter, but exactly what we'll discover in the archives - and what product may result from it - can't be determined until Michael sets foot in the archives!
    • By BryanBorgman
      Hello everyone. I am pleased to announce the launch of Stars Reach spaceship miniatures on Kickstarter.

Stars Reach spaceship miniatures are designed by Twilight Game Designs TJ. I am managing the Kickstarter for them (including promotion and pledge management).

Twilight Game Designs is offering three new fleets that can be used in games such as 5150 Star Navy by Two Hour Wargames, Squadron Strike by Ad Astra Games, Starmada by Majestic Twelve Games, and more. The three fleets are: the Koreth Imperium, the Trazari Colonies, and the Human Commonwealth.
        Stars Reach spaceship miniatures will be cast in pewter in the USA. Production and fulfillment will be provided by Acheson Creations. This Kickstarter is live now and will end at 10:00pm EST on Sunday, April 30, 2017. Follow the link and pledge today! The universe is counting on you!   https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/twilightgamedesigns/stars-reach-space-ship-miniatures  
      Please spread the word and feel free to ask me questions here or on the Kickstarter project page.
      - Bryan

• By SamuraiJack
      About this project
      Code Zero is a 32mm miniatures skirmish game set in a futuristic alternate universe. Players take control of a small squad of troops, broken up into fireteams, competing with each other to achieve one or several objectives and complete their mission. These combat situations usually take place within a theater of war, on the borders along the core worlds of various factions. These dangerous worlds and systems which are on the outskirts of secured core sectors are known as Code Zero's. The owners of the territories tend to change hands monthly since many of them are inhabited by second class citizens, those trying to survive and make a living in harsh future.  
      Code Zero is designed to create a cinematic feel of gameplay, while reflecting the dynamic ebb and flow of the battle that can happen within any given engagement. We do this by utilizing an action/reaction system, allowing both players to interact in a method keeping everyone engrossed with the battle. Utilizing alternate activations along with a different method to resolve reactions this can create some unique situations  
      The first of our miniatures for this universe are digitally sculpted, 3d printed and cast in high quality resin.

• By pcktlnt
      Project: Captain Redbeard's Pirate Dwarves

About this project
      Avast me hearties! Splice the mainbrace and beat to quarters, that galleon is bilged on her anchor and ripe for the picking! Bring us alongside Gibbs. Boomer, get ready on the gun! Pete my boy, are you loaded? Hefty, Sharktooth, Deadeye, follow me! Gyaaarh! 

This project is to fund production of a pirate dwarf crew, a set of unique miniatures forming a warband of adventuring buccaneers for skirmish gaming or a unit of mercenary fighters in a larger dwarf army. 
      They are 28mm metal miniatures, sculpted by Mark Evans, who produced all the dwarf sculpts in our previous kickstarter. 

This time we have decided to offer only one pledge level, with all stretch goals being free additions to the set. If you want multiple sets just increase your pledge amount accordingly. 
      Pledge price includes FREE SHIPPING in the UK and discounted shipping of just £2 for anywhere else worldwide.
       If successfully funded each backer will receive one each of Captain Redbeard's crew plus any applicable stretch goals- 
      1. Cap'n Redbeard   2. Bo'sun Gibbs   3. Deadeye Dan  
      4. Hefty Hawkins      5. Slick Willie         6. Sharktooth Jack
      7. Pigwash    8. Little Pete      9. Boomer Svensson and Swivel Gun
       The Captain himself. As gnarly a swashbucking, treasure-hungry dwarf as you could ever hope to meet. He'll fight anyone and anything if there's a promise of doubloons which makes his crew a useful mercenary force to bolster any dwarf army (just don't pay him in advance).
       The captain's trusted Bo'sun, often found leading boarding parties or manning the ship when the captain takes a raiding party ashore.
       His aim is as good with his axe as with his pistol, as many an enemy has found out
       Avast behind! The crew will often mutter about hefty, but not within earshot of him. If you have a door to kick down, a bear to wrestle or a sandwich to eat, he's your man.
       The general opinion among the crew is the Willie fancies himself, with his goatee, ponytail and feather in his hat, he cares a bit too much about his appearance.
       Sharktooth is just a thorough git, a complete thug with a pair of wicked short knives that earned him his nickname. 
       Rumour has it that Pigwash was once captain of his own ship, nobody knows for sure and nobody likes to ask because of that big axe he carries around.
       The smallest of the crew, some say he's overcompensating but with his blunderbuss he can clear a deck or blow a dwarf sized hole in a city gate.
       He's got you covered, the swivel gun is small enough that the crew will often take it ashore for some extra firepower. 
    • By Suden
      This looks like it could be fun. Pre-painted minis with an odd choice for scale, 65 to 85mm. The early samples do look good though:

• Who's Online   15 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)