ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

i paint for fun, and my husband uses what i paint in his games. Some things are for pure display (he doesn't use giant  monsters like giants or dragons or Rocs in his games)

• Like 6

I got into painting because of Bones! So I'm in for everything but the SciFi expansion, scenics (Modern and Fantasy), tiles, and the really big ones like DoD, Skeleton/Zombie Dragons and the like. 

They're so affordable that I don't mind "messing" one up with my paint job, i.e. i'm willing to try and paint anything in Bones form. Also, you can drop them and little pieces don't come flying off. I'm in for about 380~ minis and am at about 1.38 a mini (that may change, I'm waffling back and forth on a few).

• Like 8

So you guys doing mini/$ got me curious.

I am getting 694 minis at $953.27 is $1.37/mini. Though this includes some multiples of big things like 2 Argents and 2 barges. Though you guys are right, getting Argent and the barge for $1.37 is pretty great.

• Like 10

I wish there was something that showed how many of each thing has been purchased.  Not that it would effect what I bought I am just super nosy.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

I wish there was something that showed how many of each thing has been purchased.  Not that it would effect what I bought I am just super nosy.

I have no doubt that Reaper already has done this and thoroughly investigated. They need to for fulfillment of course, but it is also useful for them to know what sells best in general.

We could probably create a google poll for those of us who want to volunteer our hauls though for curiosity. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Smokestack said:

Well, you can also use them for practicing new techniques or color choices. They are great for kids... unfortunately when my kids were the right age and showed interest my inpatience ruined it for them. My fault and a big regret.

As an alternative to the BoGW, you can just send me any unwanted bones. They will have a good home.

My home is available too:) Just saying, my other bones would keep them company:)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:
3 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

I have no doubt that Reaper already has done this and thoroughly investigated. They need to for fulfillment of course, but it is also useful for them to know what sells best in general.

We could probably create a google poll for those of us who want to volunteer our hauls though for curiosity

I would imagine that this is proprietary info since other companies could greatly benefit from knowing sales data. That being said, I would love to know for curiosity purposes as well.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'm thinking of the value of this kickstarter not so much in terms of price per miniature, but as literally YEARS of pleasure getting them all painted.

Edited by paintybeard
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

I'm thinking of the value of this kickstarter not so much in terms of price per miniature, but as literally YEARS of pleasure getting them all painted.

A LIFETIME of pleasure.

Many LIFETIMES for some. ^_^

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

41 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

Or, for some, YEARS of guilt looking at all the unpainted ones! ::P::lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

57 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Or, for some, YEARS of guilt looking at all the unpainted ones! ::P::lol:

This is why they are locked away behind closed doors when not being painted or displayed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Mckenna35 said:

I like that as an excuse though! 

"Honey the dragon was only $1.48, how could I resist"!  

:lol::devil:

That’s been my excuse: “I’m getting this (human sized) figure for $1.78, it’s $7.50 in the store!”

Edited by Lostbug
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

20 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Exactly my sentiments.

I need a potion of immortality to be able to paint it all, but still, the joy of being able to choose a mini from one's own collection is awesome.

And I can give some away or trade some or put them in a BOGW to swap them for something else.

And yes, the value is good, and the detail is good to great depending on the size.

I went in for expansions and add ons.

Lost Valley and the Fan Favorites where a no brainer for me considering my large projects.

Darkreach provides me with a lot of cool monsters to paint.

Dragon Turtle, Roc, Frost Giants, Zombie Dragon, Argent, 2 x Barge, Baba Yaga Hut, Ghost Pirates, Snake Cultists, lots of bases, both paint sets.

And I still have the spoils from Bones II and III, I also bought a lot of Bones I.

Not mentioning my vast metal and resin collection and lets certainly not go into the subject of busts and larger scale minis.

I have 20 minis, 20 paints and I paid 20 cents for it all !

I can quit anytime I want!!!!

• Like 7

All this talk about suspending dragons from the ceiling led to a conversation about using dragons as a crib mobile.

I cannot honestly say that I can remember if it was my idea or Megan's... it just seems to have evolved....

The Auld Grump

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now