ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

On 6/10/2018 at 12:12 PM, Bathory said:

I got a paint set and 8 minis lol.

my pledges go down each KS as I get more into display painting and larger scale.

I'm in for the living statues (male and female) the frost giant ladies and rulers of hell (two sets) 

I'm currently expecting fewer than 50 minis from Bones 4, which is, by far, my smallest Bones KS order.

Of course, that is counting "Dance of Death" as one miniature, and counting it, and the tiny "PvP" die from the High Rollers set as equivalent items.

I'm not sure this is the best way for me to count things. :upside:

15 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

2 to 2.5 years for each core set.  In My Experience.

If I finish painting any one of the three Bones KS core sets I own before I die, I would consider it  a tremendous victory.

(One each: KS1, KS2, KS3)

• Like 11

2 hours ago, klarg1 said:

If I finish painting any one of the three Bones KS core sets I own before I die, I would consider it  a tremendous victory.

4ac9db7439.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

On 6/12/2018 at 6:18 PM, Evilhalfling said:

2 to 2.5 years centuries for each core set.  In My Experience.

That sounds about right in *my* experience.

I really need to pick up the pace as I may be dead by then. But still hoping for immortality. :zombie:

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

I highly recommend painting an entire Core Set at least once in your life.. You need to be determined about it (blogging or keeping a diary helps), but it gives you a great deal of satisfaction, and forces you to paint a lot of figures you might not have gravitated to normally.   My entire Bones 1 purchase  (Core Set and a bunch of add-ons: 266 figures) took me from June 2013 to December 2016. 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Rotiahn said:

As someone who had two children with dragon picture (2D) mobiles I applaud this. But you might want to go with extra bright and extra high contrast color schemes if you want the baby to pay attention to them.

We definitely need some incentive for Brigid to stay in the playpen - she has now mastered the arcane art of The Doorknob....

The Auld Grump

• Like 9

Rocky, Tree x4, Hut x1, King Cobra x2, Mossbeard, Stygian Barge,  Snake Cultists x2, Ghost Pirates, Paint Set B, Roc, Lost Valley, Thunderfoot, Blacktooth, Dire Beasts

Current damage 291.

Decided to up my dinosaur collection from zero to 20

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

33 minutes ago, dice4hire said:

Rocky, Tree x4, Hut x1, King Cobra x2, Mossbeard, Stygian Barge,  Snake Cultists x2, Ghost Pirates, Paint Set B, Roc, Lost Valley, Thunderfoot, Blacktooth, Dire Beasts

Current damage 291.

Decided to up my dinosaur collection from zero to 20

I don't know about you all, with your 20 mini's or whatever but as my SIG shows, my mini's go to 11!

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

I don't know about you all, with your 20 mini's or whatever but as my SIG shows, my mini's go to 11!

A Nigel fan eh.

I bet you painted all your Bones green too.

IMG_1796.JPG.c31ab8bde29b830b7885938783911995.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

A Nigel fan eh.

I bet you painted all your Bones green too.

IMG_1796.JPG.c31ab8bde29b830b7885938783911995.JPG

Oh man, yah got me with that one::P: I didn't  even think about his shirt from that scene.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Well I was regretting getting the core because of all the human sized figures and most people wanting to get those figures in metal instead.

Lots of you made me feel better about it and now I'm not regretting getting the core with all the human sized figures!  So thanks!

To celebrate I decided to add the Wraiths to my order ::D:

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

On 6/11/2018 at 7:21 PM, paintybeard said:

I'm thinking of the value of this kickstarter not so much in terms of price per miniature, but as literally YEARS of pleasure getting them all painted.

Unpainted miniatures are also valuable as a means to fill your free time later on when you don't have any money to spend on other expensive, but more fleeting hobbies, such as golf or auto racing. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

Unpainted miniatures are also valuable as a means to fill your free time later on when you don't have any money to spend on other expensive, but more fleeting hobbies, such as golf or auto racing. 

They also serve as inspiration when you are writing a scenario. (That looks like a relaxing miniature to paint. Third level PCs can handle a chimera, right?)

The Auld Grump - hey! It was a roleplaying encounter! It's not like the PCs will attack as soon as they see a monster, right? <_<

• Like 6
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Well I was regretting getting the core because of all the human sized figures and most people wanting to get those figures in metal instead.

Lots of you made me feel better about it and now I'm not regretting getting the core with all the human sized figures!  So thanks!

To celebrate I decided to add the Wraiths to my order ::D:

Just one set of wraiths? You need at least three to have 2 full NOT ringwraith sets:)

Edited by Ratmaster2000
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

I must be the odd one out. No wraiths for me. Nothing wrong with them, just.... they aren't as fun to me. I'll be happy to snag some retail when I have need for them on a tabletop though! 

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I must be the odd one out. No wraiths for me. Nothing wrong with them, just.... they aren't as fun to me. I'll be happy to snag some retail when I have need for them on a tabletop though! 

I get that.  I honestly wasn't going to get them but they are only $10 so I figured what the heck.  That will probably be the last figures I get though.  From here on out it will probably just be bases and maybe the paint sets but I am undecided on those.  They are just such a good deal to pass up. 

• Like 5