ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

1 hour ago, CorallineAlgae said:

I was also hoping we would get some word about the frost giants. Guess we won't be getting what we paid for. 

I'm sure it will be brought up and ignored in the upcoming live stream. Who knows, maybe my pessimism will be unfounded this time, so far they're 50/50 on making shortcomings with the Raiders right.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:
59 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:
1 hour ago, CorallineAlgae said:

I was also hoping we would get some word about the frost giants. Guess we won't be getting what we paid for. 

Maybe that question can be brought up at the livestream on the 29th. 

A lot of folks here got really bent out of shape about that topic not too long ago. Instead of repeating that performance again, I think Ratmaster2000 has made an excellent suggestion.

9 minutes ago, Fnordlover said:

I'm sure it will be brought up and ignored in the upcoming live stream. Who knows, maybe my pessimism will be unfounded this time, so far they're 50/50 on making shortcomings with the Raiders right.

It may be harder to ignore brought up by many people.

While I do like the current sculpt, I also liked the concept art, and would prefer them closer to that.

I'm sorry that there's so much negativity about it though.

We should be able to like, or not like things without it turning into a major thing. :/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Sylverthorne said:

I'm sorry that there's so much negativity about it though.

We should be able to like, or not like things without it turning into a major thing. :/

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Yes, we should.

^^THIS!

3 hours ago, Rotiahn said:

It would also going to give me time to actually finish (more of) the minis I already have. 

I spent 4 hrs painting one human mini today. Even at an optimistic 8hrs/week of painting time, I can anticipate my Bones4 order lasting me 5+ years... I'm a little daunted.

:lol:

According to my spreadsheet I've got enough minis to last me DECADES based on my average painting speed... 

• Like 5

Can we please get the topic shifted so it doesn't turn into a dozen more pages of arguments? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Can we please get the topic shifted so it doesn't turn into a dozen more pages of arguments? 

And in keeping with that sentiment several posts have been removed including those rehashing the original concerns as well as some sarcastic responses.

At this point I'd suggest using the June 29th LiveStream event for bringing up any legitimate miniature concerns directly to Reaper.

And please no more sarcastic posts here about others concerns over Reapers design decisions. Such posts will be removed.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Modding.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6

Backers would likely move on from the issue once Reaper gives a definitive answer. We were hoping they would address it in the last couple of updates. This is where supporters go on the forum to talk about the figures in the kickstarter after all. In an unusual turn, backers in the KS comments have been noticeably civil with each other about the whole issue. Kudos!

• Like 1

Issues take time to resolve, even in just the discussion portion. If anything is decided, it takes time to implement. They're doing a livestream event on the 29th which may have more info, and would be a good time to keep pestering. Until then... patience. 

They do listen. We got our cat dragon, after all. 

New question: 

What is on the inside of the Bed Mockingbeast's mouth? (718)

I am imagining a bed of holding, and it has eaten an orgy. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

This is where supporters go on the forum to talk about the figures in the kickstarter after all.

And that has happened here. 

Unfortunately bringing up the same point over and over and over again is just leading to frustration both to those with a concern and those who want to see the conversation move on, which is just inviting some uncivil responses.

So that's been stopped.

If Reaper makes a statement about their design on the Frost Giants I would expect the conversation here to continue with  a civil discussion at that time.

In the meantime there's literally hundreds of other miniatures to be discussed.

Like when are we going to see the base for that barge.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Issues take time to resolve, even in just the discussion portion. If anything is decided, it takes time to implement. They're doing a livestream event on the 29th which may have more info, and would be a good time to keep pestering. Until then... patience. 

They do listen. We got our cat dragon, after all. 

New question: 

What is on the inside of the Bed Mockingbeast's mouth? (718)

I am imagining a bed of holding, and it has eaten an orgy. 

WERE GETTING SMAUG, YES! Just kidding. While I do like the cat dragon we got for Christmas, 1) That was not bones and 2) Not exactly what we were hoping for. I would like to think, as others mentioned, we MAY get a cat dragon, hence the extension of PM, but if we don't, no biggie.

AND, just to be clear, my post in response to Cyradis was in NO WAY a slam of Reaper but rather a joke in reference to that particular scene from dirty dozen. If you have seen the movie, you'll get it, if not WATCH IT! It's a great movie:)

• Like 3

I have not seen that movie, but I took the humor in stride. 

The cat dragon wasn't what all were thinking, but that there was any at all made me extremely happy. It was a short notice one too! Now.... a line of cat dragons? **wink wink** **nudge nudge**

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Like when are we going to see the base for that barge.

I'm more interested in seeing Argent. Somebody posted a while back that they caught a glimpse of him at Reaper headquarters and said his scales were resculpted. No pictures though. A physical 3D print of Nyarlathotep with a knight next to it would be nice too. 

• Like 2

I'm really looking forward to Argent.

I may not have backed this kickstarter solely for DRAGON! but... I have all of the DRAGON! and I'm looking forward to seeing this one with real scales. Or whatever it is they came up with.

• Like 6

On 6/16/2018 at 1:48 AM, WhiteWulfe said:

Okay... That Stygian barge is downright gorgeous...  I might have to find a way to work it into my plans.. 

....oh look, project manager is open longer, this really helps me get through the current moderate financial crunch so I can get...  Well, guess the idea is going to be a core set and a bunch of other things for myself and hubby... 

Wooohooo! 

I pledged for two barges.

One will be painted up as is.

The other I'm contemplating on converting it to an Undead Landship, an Airship or cut it up as a shipwreck and use it for a diorama with sea creatures.

Anyway, I'm going to have fun with those.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I'd really like to see the Spartan and Amazon statues painted up. They're neato. 

I’m  trying really hard to resist getting more, because the Harryhausen fan in me wants to have the marble statues, the bronze ones, the golden ones, the silver ones, etc....

• Like 4