Jump to content

ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Recommended Posts

So happy about the Dragon Turtle! I was afraid they'd undersize it but to me that looks about the right size for one :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not taking any bate here...

 

Argent is huge. The wyvern looks much more manageable from a gaming stand point. Wasn't feeling the Skeletal dragon, but it looks really nice.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like quite a few of the mini, yet I have not purchased anything. There is just nothing I truily NEED. Now if they would do so cool starships. I would be all over that.  Maybe some more rat people.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

I like quite a few of the mini, yet I have not purchased anything. There is just nothing I truily NEED. Now if they would do so cool starships. I would be all over that.  Maybe some more rat people.

 

Do you collect for RPG's or for Painting/display. I am SOOOOOOOO not good enough for display, so mostly pick up for gaming, but there are some models I will likely never use that I want. I just gave my Kanjira to a friend who may actually use it.

 

This is also why I buy so many multiples of some things. 8 copies of the Naga guys (+2 from the 2 core sets) means a big Naga centric game in the future...

 

I am currently enjoying a diet coke. Being Diabetic and all...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

I like quite a few of the mini, yet I have not purchased anything. There is just nothing I truily NEED. Now if they would do so cool starships. I would be all over that.  Maybe some more rat people.

 

Gotta say, as a huge fan of their Pathfinder line, I was pretty sad when it turned out that Reaper wasn't going to make the Starfinder minis. I don't usually get many PC figures in Bones but I always get the Pathfinder ones, even though I also buy my favorites PF minis in metal. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[MOD]

Multiple pages of posts have been removed due to off topic conversations and behavior that violated forum rules.

Thread will unlock in about an hour to allow for sufficient cool down periods.

Repeat offenders will have warnings and posting restrictions.

[/MOD]

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really excited about Argent. I had no idea he'd be so big. Also Blacksting, I thought he'd be too big for me to manage but I actually think he is just the right size!

 

Soooooo instead of being $58 away from completion, I am significantly more away.  Good thing they extended the PM! 

 

Are all the expansion sets in the new plastic? including Lost Valley?

 

Edited to add:

 

I missed the first bit, when I logged on they were talking about why they extended the PM, but did they mention whether they were still on target for the delivery date?

Edited by TheMandolin
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Colonel Kane said:

I really like the chicken hut and the Duke of hell and the High Rollers,but do not NEED them in in my games.

 

But the High Rollers would make perfect inspiration die markers, don't you think?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheMandolin said:

I am really excited about Argent. I had no idea he'd be so big. Also Blacksting, I thought he'd be too big for me to manage but I actually think he is just the right size!

 

Soooooo instead of being $58 away from completion, I am significantly more away.  Good thing they extended the PM! 

 

Are all the expansion sets in the new plastic? including Lost Valley?

 

Edited to add:

 

I missed the first bit, when I logged on they were talking about why they extended the PM, but did they mention whether they were still on target for the delivery date?

I believe they said they are still on track for February 2019, because of a question I asked about the trade tariffs going on in U.S., and also someone asked about brexit. All in all, they seem posed to ship on time (sounds like some stuff MAY already be done) 

2 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

I really like the chicken hut and the Duke of hell and the High Rollers,but do not NEED them in in my games.

Stupis editor, this should not have been joined:( anyway, you may not NEED them for games, but you know you WANT them!

 

1 hour ago, Dr. Wyrm said:

I did. I am no longer part owner, nor am I associated in any way, although I remain friends (and game with) with Ed, Dave, Anne, Kevin, Matt, Kit, Ron, and many of the non-owner employees. In the months since i left, some faces have been added and some have left, so I don't know everyone on the floor anymore.

 

The gaming will end in a few weeks when we close on my new place in CA and I complete the move to that state to facilitate my new job.

You are moving to NORTHERN California, right? San Francisco? You'll like it here, though I prefer Southern California (Disneyland, Knott's berry Farm, etc.) 

1 hour ago, Smokestack said:

 

Do you collect for RPG's or for Painting/display. I am SOOOOOOOO not good enough for display, so mostly pick up for gaming, but there are some models I will likely never use that I want. I just gave my Kanjira to a friend who may actually use it.

 

This is also why I buy so many multiples of some things. 8 copies of the Naga guys (+2 from the 2 core sets) means a big Naga centric game in the future...

 

I am currently enjoying a diet coke. Being Diabetic and all...

pfft, that never stopped me before drinking what I like!

1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

I'd like to point out that I know of people who are actually addicted to Coke (both brands.), and they really' really want to quit, but are unable to. 

And no, that stuff is NOT good for you. (Particularly your teeth)  

One of them you really don't want to meet before he's had his first bottle of the stuff. 

 

So can we PLEASE stop recommending tooth-rot for everyone?

 

I'm still trying to think about how to use that turtle. It's just not big enough...   to portray Great A'tuin...

 

 

I actually only drink coke when it's all that's left in the house (my wife's favorite). I much prefer Dr.Pepper and Barq's (and when I need a non dark beverage, it's Sprite). I also make big gallon pitchers of Kool-aid!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They said they are on track and the last email Kickstarter update said they are still on track for the original date, so good news 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smokestack said:

Not taking any bate here...

 

Argent is huge. The wyvern looks much more manageable from a gaming stand point. Wasn't feeling the Skeletal dragon, but it looks really nice.

 

Dang I missed the wyvern, guess I'll have to go back and watch again.

 

I didn't get convinced to get anything else... well maybe Dreadmere because I want a set of the new harder plastic.  But I really don't need more minis.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

 

Dang I missed the wyvern, guess I'll have to go back and watch again.

 

I didn't get convinced to get anything else... well maybe Dreadmere because I want a set of the new harder plastic.  But I really don't need more minis.

Corrected that for you::P:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×