ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

4 minutes ago, Fnordlover said:

Argent reminds me of the MonsterVerse Godzilla. The term massive really doesn't do her justice.

I don't think I've ever seen Sir Forscale look so tiny.

• Like 6

Man, now I am thinking I need TWO argents. One gold and one silver. Hmm, why does the Rudolph Christmas cartoon suddenly pop in my head:rolleyes: Maybe extending the deadline was not a bad idea after all. 

1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

his neck is surprisingly thin, or maybe his shoulders are just that massive

Sir Forscale or Argent::D:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Man, now I am thinking I need TWO argents. One gold and one silver. Hmm, why does the Rudolph Christmas cartoon suddenly pop in my head:rolleyes: Maybe extending the deadline was not a bad idea after all. 

Sir Forscale or Argent::D:

Argent

Really good video. The answers were interesting and useful for me and I'm very happy with all of the things that I've so far seen that I've locked in. And I might need to lock in a few more things.

Which is really silly, frankly.

But that won't stop me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Really, ARgent's legs are rather chunky xD but ah well. I can live with it

I personally would've done something more like:

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like 1

All I know is, he's huge! And seeing how all the other models are coming along, man I am gonna have one ticked off Mailman:) My box will literally take up a good chunk of his space in his mail truck::P: Hope he doesn't have a trainee that day!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Untitled-1.jpg

I understand what you're saying, but I think your suggestions would have made her look a lot like many of Reapers already existing albeit smaller dragons.

In my own opinion... 

The chunkiness, in addition to her size, help make her unique.

• Like 10

45 minutes ago, Fnordlover said:

Argent reminds me of the MonsterVerse Godzilla. The term massive really doesn't do her justice.

Arrggh, now I can't unsee the tiny little Godzilla feet! I might have to try and resculpt them now...

Or I could make a whole bunch of tiny trees to hide the feet- that would make her look even bigger ::D:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I understand what you're saying, but I think your suggestions would have made her look a lot like many of Reapers already existing albeit smaller dragons.

In my own opinion... 

The chunkiness, in addition to her size, help make her unique.

it's quite possible to be chunky and not have weird bulbous growths on the legs =P i can ignore them, or cover them up, but they still strike me as odd. The transition from neck to chest seems a bit abrupt too, so my sketch over it was just smoothing the transition

just pointing out the things i see. I can definitely live with them, but i wouldn't rank this as a favorite dragon sculpt of mine just in terms of those weird anatomical things i see

• Like 2

Well I managed to move off the Jen/Anne DS DVD off my list (and actually pick up Marike's as well), so I'll be able to use them BEFORE that big box of goodies arrive in early-mid 2019. Now, what can I use in place of the DVD's hmmm...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

Untitled-1.jpg

If it eliminates issues with sagging then I'm all for it!  As for the details, I think I'll have to see them in person to really know what I think of them.  I have so many dragons that something a little different would be good.

• Like 5

Argent also makes an awesome Drake without the wings.

Heresy..I know..but I keep thinking about it.

• Like 4

I like that Argent is a bit heavier than other dragons. Adds to his majesty and age imho. And, according to the concept of dragons growing all their life, he must be very, very old.

• Like 7