ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

33 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Man, I thought for some reason this Friday was update day:( 

I woke up in a panic this morning with the same thought.

:lol:

• Haha 12

14 hours ago, ladystorm said:

I woke up in a panic this morning with the same thought.

:lol:

Ah, that's why you were up so early! I was thinking "gosh, ladystorm isn't usually on at this time... I hope she's getting enough sleep!"

• Like 5

Currently painting the Yeti for Ladystorm's contest.

Makes me want that Mammoth even more!

And that Cave Sloth!

I foresee many snowy bases!

• Like 2

There is a bored 12-13 year old kid in my mom's neighborhood that she helps out sometimes. She brings him to see the horses, gets him to play with her dogs, good wholesome stuff like that. Since she had fun painting with me over Thanksgiving v1 (and that's about the age I started), she got some Learn to Paint Kits for him and his friends. Since I'll be overwhelmed when Bones 4 hits, I'm going to separate out ones I'm less inclined to paint to send their way. Mom had mentioned that it would be nice if I could teach a session at their tiny hobby shop, but I don't know if I'll be able to - but at very least I can give them stuff to play with ^_^

A 12-13 year old boy is likely to enjoy the ones I'm unlikely to paint (big muscly fighter dudes), right? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

A 12-13 year old boy is likely to enjoy the ones I'm unlikely to paint (big muscly fighter dudes), right? 

That's awesome Cyr.   I'm sort of doing the same thing here with the local HS/JHS game club. 

As for whether not that 12-13 year old boy will enjoy the ones you don't - who knows. 

My son's tastes are very different than mine, which does work out well for sharing my Bones.  But several of the kids in the game club have far different tastes.  The youngest boy (he's 13 or 14 now) went straight for the pretty girl minis last year, and one of the girls likes the monster figures. 

• Like 2

I guess I shouldn't stereotype too much. But I do hope that the kid likes the leftovers. Maybe my mom will have an idea of what type he'll enjoy the most.