ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

30 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

You should try being married to an enabler. <_<

Oh, that looks good!

Yes, we're gonna need two! :rolleyes:

Sir Cyr wanted the figures that I was less interested in usually. So we ended up with more than I would have on my own for that reason. However, a few we doubled up on.... because we both want to paint boobs. We got an extra demons set. 

I do wish I'd picked up the wraiths for my D&D campaign though. Oh well. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

I NEED that dark elf queen!

Then I need to write something that USES her!

I don't remember ANYTHING about the drow in Eberron.

Three main groups and all in Xendrik: Main group are the Vulkoor. There two smaller groups are the Umbragen and the Sulatar. None are the same as those of the Forgotten Realms Drow, but they aren't completely off.

Vulkoor = revere scorpions and use the venom to scar themselves ritually

Umbragen = wield umbra(dark) magic to fight off nasty stuff from breaking through and destroying the world.

Sulatar = big fans of fire and are elemental binders

Needless to say, much of this set works, but not for the same reasons. 

• Like 7

I totally forgot it was almost Feb, and even though we have to wait another month for shipping. I am okay with that. I kept seeing shipping as months away still for some reason. 2018 took its toll on me. Square peg round hole situation in my head.

• Like 7

Honestly, given that normally Reaper lets us know when the last container ships, I was expecting that a lack of such news was indicating a delay.  I'm actually glad to hear that the last container is due to be shipped, it's more positive than no news at all.  

• Like 10

6 hours ago, MiniDungeonMaster said:

Every day closer to Bones arriving I get more anxious about how little space I will have to store it.

To be fair I have accepted that I'll need to be putting my pokemon card folders into storage (I gave up collecting a few years ago, basically at the same time I became interested in D&D- but I dont have it in me to sell the cards or anything, so storage boxes it is!) This will free up a few shelves on my bookcases, and I'm less worries about my unpainted minis storage as I'll probably leave them in their original packaging until I paint them; it's painted model storage that's starting to become a bit of a challenge for me...

I'm resigned to the fact that my car will not be going into my garage for about a year... 

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Might as well blame me too. I predicted Bones 4 would be here the day I had to go back to work.

We got funding. I'm going back to work, maybe today, maybe Monday. 

Unless I was predicting the next funding lapse :devil: I might still be right...

Shh! No next funding lapse, that would NOT go over at all well for ANYBODY!

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Sir Cyr wanted the figures that I was less interested in usually. So we ended up with more than I would have on my own for that reason. However, a few we doubled up on.... because we both want to paint boobs. We got an extra demons set. 

I do wish I'd picked up the wraiths for my D&D campaign though. Oh well. 

I got 3 sets of wraiths, for two NOT Ring wraith sets:) Cannot wait to start the conversions:) 

• Like 7

This is the bagging that I had been using for Bones 3, they're good size for 28mm minis and the larger are good for some of the giants and such. I use black marker to write the name and number of each one:

15484751937187199710612649233902.thumb.jpg.25a6099fedf43b8010adb4391b95b022.jpg

................I really should finish bagging my Bones 3 figures. :ph34r:

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 4
  • Haha 9

"The River" has smaller sized bags in decent quantity.  I've been thinking about picking some up along with some other hobby supplies.

• Like 6

Very glad I indulged in the Darkreach expansion, all of these look really good.

Stone Lurker and Cave Spider are so full of character, they go high on my painting list.

Best of all I think, (squinting hard at the screen), that the Dark Elf Queen is separate from her throne. So much versatility! I'll be getting repeats of that when retail happens.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Personally, I am cheap and just go with quart size bags from Big Lots:)

The small baggies at the dollar store cost less than quart sizers. ^_^

• Like 7

Now hoping the Brexit gets delayed as well so we won't have customs trouble from the UK to the EU.

I don't mind waiting, I do mind paying extra...but let's stay positive, we might make it!

Anyway, I can't wait getting my greedy paws on the minis!

I pledged mainly for expansions and smaller sets of monsters and Argent and the Barge(s).

Almost forgot about the large Dragon Turtle, what an awesome creature!

I want it!

I need it!

I have pledged for it!!!

With that and the Zombie Shark, swimming will be a challenge from now on.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 10

45 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Now hoping the Brexit gets delayed as well so we won't have customs trouble from the UK to the EU.

I don't mind waiting, I do mind paying extra...butlet's stay positive, we might make it!

In case Brexit doesn't get delayed, it would be beneficial to the EU customers to have the packages sent from the US directly. We did pay a 20% fee to cover the import into the UK already, so paying a fee again would hurt. If I get them from the US directly the money I already payed should cover most of the fees I'm due in terms of taxes and customs. If shipping rates are the problem, I would gladly pay that difference, rather than paying taxes on my Bones twice (once for import into UK, which I already did, and once for import into the EU).

@Pezler the Polychromatic : How many human or goblin sized miniatures fit into those smaller baggies?

• Like 6

12 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Honestly, given that normally Reaper lets us know when the last container ships, I was expecting that a lack of such news was indicating a delay.  I'm actually glad to hear that the last container is due to be shipped, it's more positive than no news at all.  

I was half expecting this too, here's hoping that the container ship leaves before Chinese New Year ::(:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nunae said:

In case Brexit doesn't get delayed, it would be beneficial to the EU customers to have the packages sent from the US directly. We did pay a 20% fee to cover the import into the UK already, so paying a fee again would hurt. If I get them from the US directly the money I already payed should cover most of the fees I'm due in terms of taxes and customs. If shipping rates are the problem, I would gladly pay that difference, rather than paying taxes on my Bones twice (once for import into UK, which I already did, and once for import into the EU).

@Pezler the Polychromatic : How many human or goblin sized miniatures fit into those smaller baggies?

As long as they don't have weird angles or things poking everywhere, I was able to fit half a dozen human figures in there easily. I was trying to figure out how many goblins would fit in there, but @buglips*the*goblin put up a fight when I was trying to fit him in the bag headfirst.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   7 members

• Similar Content

• By NecroMancer
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2036377947/samael-the-raven-demon-dark-whisper-the-chronicles/description

I would say this is a dream; in particular, it’s a project born 3 years ago, initially as a role-playing game (written and played successfully) but now the most important characters in this setting will come to life for collectors and painters. Every month a new story will come out and it will tell the events in this world and the Background of the various characters.
      I want to create a series of high quality models with a thrilling story telling that is constantly evolving.
      The Dark Whispers project includes a total of 8 characters, the first of these is Samael, The Raven Demon.

• By Lidless Eye
      Another awesome themed 3D print file set is up on Kickstarter, "Titans of Legend"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1426243056/titans-of-legend?ref=user_menu

Even dating to before recorded history, some of the greatest heroes and villains of myth and legend have been titanic in size. Giants, titans, and others strode the mythic landscapes, the earth quaking at their steps. Now you will be able to use your 3D printer to create 32mm scale figures of these legends, and include them in your Dungeons and Dragons campaign!
      Reaching forth from Greece, France, Denmark, Cornwall, and the Basque region, these giants each include additional accessories, as well as a PDF file that includes their basic story, a statistics block for Fifth Edition Dungeons and Dragons, how to run them in a typical game, and potential adventure hooks to blend them into your campaign! In addition, each of the giants includes a pre-hollowed version for resin prints, and even pre-chopped, multipart versions (hollowed and not) for smaller 3D printers. Most of them can even be used as generic giants, to use how you want in your own campaign!
      CONTENTS
      The following are the five giants, and their accessories, included as planned in the set. The Core Package includes Cormoran, Ferragut, and Grendel, while the Full Package includes all five:
      ARGUS
      Argus Panoptes is a giant of Greek myth, a cowherd that served Hera with his very life. Included with him are  a generic Storm Giant based on him (with helmet and spear), and his beloved Dire Buffalo.
      BASAJAUN
      From the Basque region of France and Spain comes the Basajaun. Moderately friendly, and creators of the various henges and standing stones, they could also be used to represent various "furry" humanoids, such as yeti. They include two Basajaun, a singe henge, double henge, freestanding menhir, and an altar stone.
      CORMORAN
      Hailing from Cornwall, the cannibalistic and miserly Cormoran just might be immortal somehow. He includes files for two different casualties, and a ruined tavern wall.
      FERRAGUT
      A literary giant, pun intended, the epic "Horn of Roland" includes the mighty paladin Roland's duel with the Saracen giant, Ferragut. With Ferragut comes files to print basic Saracen soldiers, as well as the mighty Roland, himself!
      GRENDEL
      Though never fully given a physical description in the epic poem, Beowulf, the monster Grendel is, here, represented as part troll, and part giant. Whether used to represent Grendel himself, or shrunken down slightly and used as a troll, he includes the table and benches from the mead hall, Heorot, as well as his utterly epic foe, Beowulf.

I really like that they're all themed encounters with monsters, heroes, and some terrain.  They remind me of the "GameMastery Encounter" packs that Paizo used to make.

• By Smokestack
      <<<MOD EDIT>>> Kickstarter is now Live:  

Legends of Signum is a 2 players fantasy world wargame, where players will face off against each other in the ruthless battles with help of the summoned characters and creatures. Each new game is unique as the player will have an ability to counter his opponents tactics with a help of highly variable decks, which player can assemble before the match. While the heroes busy fighting one another out on the battlefield, their loyal city dwellers are busy constructing new buildings that unlock new spells, abilities, and characters to aid their heroes in the victory. What also makes Legends of Signum highly unique in and of itself is that we combined best of both card and miniature wargame worlds into one highly immersive gameplay experience. From the very start, we set out to create a beginner-friendly game and so in the process of developing the game we did our best in avoiding complicated game mechanics that you would normally expect in a miniature wargame, yet still gave players vast variety of tactical options.   Legends of Signum is a unique combination of a miniatures wargame and a card game. Players control units of creatures lead by mighty heroes and build structures that allow more characters, relics and magic spells to be used on the battlefield. In Legends of Signum you devise your own winning strategy by creating an exclusive deck of cards and collection of miniatures.
      Legends of Signum is a game for two, where each player controls a hero and a group of characters and builds up their capital city. Initially only the hero figures are present on the battlefield, but as the game progresses, additional characters can be brought in by building the necessary structures. Victory is achieved by either destroying the opponent or bringing your capital city to prosperity. Duration of one game is about 30 to 90 minutes.

These are the guys who run the Cadwallon Shop. They used to sell Confrontation recasts. They have stopped as discussed in the Confrontation Resurrection kickstarter thread. Legends of Signum are their own sculpts and their own game. The pictures are of stuff already available and I am not sure if they will be included in the kickstarter. I posted them so you can get an idea of what will be offered.

• By NecroMancer
      Live: 

A CMON Kisckstarter exclusive!

• By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/963152868/skin-deep-vol-4-illumination/description

About
      Skin Deep: Illumination is the 4th collected book of the award-winning webcomic, Skin Deep! You can read the entire comic right now online, right here! This volume collects four stories about mythical creatures living hidden from humanity in Liverpool, England. These stories are:
      The Bugbear Talisman: Follow Lily Snodgrass, a mischievous glaistig with a flare for pranks, as she finally takes down her biggest rival with the help of a mysterious talisman she found in the Mysterious Items Store. Kill Them With Kindness: Rhonda Phelton gets to meet her boyfriend's mother. Her boyfriend's mother is a monster. She's also kinda mean. Reunion: A continuation of Anthony and Blanche's story from Skin Deep: Exchanges. Anthony is now living with Blanche's family as he tries to come to terms with his sudden transformation into a harpy, but it's not easy. It doesn't get any easier when Anthony's mother shows up to tell her son a big family secret. Illumination: A 3-part story continuing the main plot of Skin Deep as Jim brings Michelle, Merial, and Greg to the Liverpool Avalon in the hopes of getting answers to Michelle's random and unhelpful visions. With the help of a mysterious new friend who is unhelpfully helpful, Michelle might get the answers she needs, but might also get a whole new batch of questions. Budget Breakdown
      $7000 - printing 1,500 softcover books $2000 - printing 250 limited edition hardcover books $2000 - shipping from Hong Kong to Oregon $5000 - shipping to backers $3000 - estimated taxes, Kickstarter fees, incidentals The Book!
      This book clocks in at 227 pages and is my longest Skin Deep book yet! It's full to the brim with extra goodies you won't find online, like story notes and a character guide! 
      (digital mockup) (digital mockup of the character guide!)  The limited edition hardcover version is individually numbered with a custom book plate and a clothbound, screen printed cover. Each one comes signed and will have a unique sketch inside! Beautiful!
      (digital mockup) Stretch Goals!
      Because I want to focus on making the best book possible, if I get any extra funding, it will all go towards making the book better and higher quality! I do have a few stretch goals planned, such as:
      $20,000 - Gold Foil Cover on softcover book! LOCKED $25,000 - Kickstarter exclusive enamel pin (design to be announced) with every book! LOCKED FAQs
      Why is shipping so expensive?? - This book will be over a pound in weight and international shipping prices have gone up dramatically! As it is just lil ol' me shipping out books individually, I don't have much choice in the matter. It's as cheap as I could make it without losing money!
      Do the physical books come with a PDF copy? - Yes! All physical copies of Illumination also come with a PDF copy!
      Risks and challenges
      This will be the fourth book I've printed through this printer, and my 8th Kickstarter. There are always unforeseen issues that come up with this sort of project, but I've never failed to deliver!

-----
      I'm in it for the whole stack of books....
  • Who's Online   45 Members, 0 Anonymous, 105 Guests (See full list)