ladystorm

LIVE
Reaper Bones 4: Information Thread

171 posts in this topic

Day 11 Infobits Summary part 4 (last one for Day 11):

Note: these are all from Ron Hawkins aka Reaper Ron.

Cave Dwellers were all sculpted by Bobby Jackson, and we think he did a bang-up job!

Maybe we'll throw in a free Dreadmere PDF along with the expansion? Might be fun.

Herald isn't really LARGE is it [referring to the Crimson Herald in the Dreadmere expansion]

-

Anonymous - no, medium sized.

-----

Sorry if the Crimson Herald looks large; it's medium. Sometimes scaling the minis can be off if I/we aren't paying attention and rush.

Have you considered doing a 1.5 inch version? Some figures are too big for 1 inch but swim on 2. Secondly, why are 50 bases 0.5 ounces here, but were 2 ounces in B2?

-

Revenant - 1 possibly so, not a bad idea. 2 - good question, probably one for Bryan to answer tomorrow.

BTW - Juliana from the Dreadmere expansion - that's a female human herbalist, and she's kneeling down. She's not a halfling. We'll get a good close up of her next week - Talin's art is so cute, and she has a hedgehog familiar. ;)

Odds that Baba Yaga's hut is Dredmere's large mini that's traditionally in an expansion?

-

David D - zero.

End of Day 11.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

13 people like this

Just went into Pledge manager to choose my options and noticed amazon statues are a choice, was that opened by accident?

2 people like this

34 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Just went into Pledge manager to choose my options and noticed amazon statues are a choice, was that opened by accident?

Sometimes they add the next SG so people can calculate how much to  allocate for there next pledge.

5 people like this

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT HOW THE PLEDGE MANAGER WORKS (from Reaperbryan)

I'll go ahead and give a rough explanation of the Pledge Manager now.

1. Sept 2, the Kickstarter project will close. Kickstarter will charge your card whatever your pledge amount is at that time.
  2. 7 days later, anybody that had their credit card declined will have a second attempt, and anybody that still declined is removed from the project. 
  3. About 1 week after that, Kickstarter will give us a "Backer report." This report includes your email address, pledge level, and how much you paid. I will then import that data into the pledge manager. From that moment on, when you login, the database will check your login email address against the email addresses Kickstarter gave us, and credit your account the amount Kickstarter says you paid. Starting then, you have the ability to lock in items, spending your initial credit, and adding additional funds. Each time you "check out", you will either use your credit, or have to pay additional funds. Our system adds all orders together and calculates postage form the sum, not new on each order, so you are not penalized for multiple small orders (one big package is cheaper to ship than many small packages, and we do that math for you). There is no limit to how many times you can check out. 
  4. July 31, 2018, we will lock the Pledge Manager down, and you cannot check out any more. Every backer must use the Pledge Manager to give us their list of rewards, and their shipping address

If your Pledge Manager account email and Kickstarter account email are not the same, you may have problems, and should contact us to have the email addresses reconciled.

10 people like this

Are the tree of despair vultures the same sculpt as these except in bones?

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Are the tree of despair vultures the same sculpt as these except in bones?

Yes

11 people like this

So, seeing that the miniatures in the Bones 4 core set are numbered, but not those of the optional rewards or the Dreadmire Expansion, and that the ones of the Chronoscope expansion start with 301... Does that mean that we can expect to have potentially 300 models in the core set?

3 people like this

In the latest email update the description of the Dreadmere expansion mentions the land of Adon and that Dark haven takes place there. Does Reaper have a description of the setting, essentially a campaign setting available for the public? If not, how can we let them know there is interest in it?

2 people like this

We're going to be doing a Livestream event simultaneously here on Kickstarter and on Facebook! 

df3c4095ec5a4ab8af7891c9c3cdd15d_origina

Broadcasting from the Reaper Factory Saturday, August 19, starting at 12 pm Central Time (GMT -5), Reaper's Art Director, Ron Hawkins, and Public Relations Bryan Stiltz will be showcasing models from unlocked rewards, revealed rewards, and showcasing some new things, too! They will be available to answer your questions, and show you in real time the models you're getting!

You can participate in this interactive Livestream right here on Kickstarter at this link - https://live.kickstarter.com/reaper-miniatures/live/mr--bones-totally-epic-livestream

And new backers can participate on Facebook Live  at https://www.facebook.com/ReaperMini/

This stream will be available for viewing after the stream ends, and will be added to our project page, so even if you miss it, you can still watch!

We hope to see you there!

~Reaper

8 people like this

On 8/13/2017 at 1:34 PM, Dimitri Mazieres said:

So, seeing that the miniatures in the Bones 4 core set are numbered, but not those of the optional rewards or the Dreadmire Expansion, and that the ones of the Chronoscope expansion start with 301... Does that mean that we can expect to have potentially 300 models in the core set?

Not at all. Each expansions numbers are keyed to be separate for ease of location - when you tell me a number starting with 3, I know that's Chronoscope. Dreadmere will start with 4's, even though Chronoscope does not have 100 units. As we near the end of the project (and this near the end of adding new models and upsetting my orderly numbering sequence) the other images will get numbers of their unique sequences added.

22 hours ago, Belegur said:

In the latest email update the description of the Dreadmere expansion mentions the land of Adon and that Dark haven takes place there. Does Reaper have a description of the setting, essentially a campaign setting available for the public? If not, how can we let them know there is interest in it?

We are working a free Dreadmere PDF, but it is not yet complete.

11 people like this

Day 12 Infobits Summary (only part for Day 12):

Note: the first 3 are missed comments from Ron Hawkins on Day 9.

Clarification: I did say that that the hut had no interior, i.e. there are no detailed interior rooms. I did not state whether it was hollow or solid. At this time, we don't know whether the final production copy of the hut will be solid or hollow. But I'm betting my $10 on hollow. But to me, "hollow" doesn't really mean "interior". Sorry if that was misleading.

our staff sculptor and resident Jack-of-all-trades and Mythos-Sculptor Kevin Williams has insisted the legs be separate, as he only wants to use it as terrain, not a chicken hut. [referring to Baba Yaga's hut, an upcoming piece]

Is there anything larger than the baba yaga hut planned?

-

taller? Yes

~~~~~~~

Is this KS not being produced on the new machinery at the factory in Denton?

-

@W. Kristoph Nolan, we have exactly one machine, and to produce the volume required to fulfill even the current volume would wake about 3 years. It was estimated that Bones 1 would have taken 8 years to produce, on one machine.

After July 31, 2018, we won't be able to add new items and check out anymore but… will we still be able to use the PM to keep our shipping address up-to-date (as in previous projects)?

-

@Dan - yes, you can still use it to update your address, and of course, to see a record of your order(s).

We have said nothing about the disposition of the Zombie Dragon or Baba Yaga's Hut, among goals we have teased. [referring to whether they will be stand-alone, part of the core, or part of an expansion]

there's some really fun and unusual monsters coming. Most of them are a few reveals away, just to temper expectations

how many people routinely lock in month #1/ last month of the pledge manager

-

@Anonymous - about 75% lock in at least one order within the first month. Another 5-10% will for whatever reason never lock anything in

-----

We're working harder this time to mention the PM at every opportunity. It's mentioned on every reward image now, for instance

I can't quite figure out what is going on in the Julianna concept art in the new expansion. It looks like she's sinking into the ground?

-

she's kneeling gathering herbs; we will put up a larger image on www.reapermini.com/bones4 to show it better.

It's very likely that some of the future reveals may be concept art through the end of the Kickstarter and updated when Updates come out every two weeks.

those mercenaries are named after a certain group of 12 ne'er do wells.

Is the Crimson Herald in the Dreadmere Expansion going to be cast in clear red (or colorless) plastic?

-

Jim - not planning on it.

End of Day 12.

Huzzah!

8 people like this

Day 13 Infobits Summary part 1:

Just to be sure, I can add a core set after the campaign, right? Will it come with all the unlocked goals?

-

@Nethear - absolutely. The way it works is when the campaign ends, we'll take everything in the Core Set that was unlocked, and that's what we shove into the Box marked Core Set. So everyone who orders a whole core set no matter when, gets the exact same items.

any chance of the pumpkins being removable from the pig drawn pumpkin wagon?

-

[Ron] Right now, those punkins and cart are solid. It was sculpted that way and is a solid chunk. I'll have to talk to the sculptor Jason Wiebe to see if maybe...maybe he can do that. It's a lot of work and he's working on a big...oh wait. I almost told you guys. Tricksy!

[Ron]: Bryan, you saw the big *redacted* Wiebe was working on. He's got to finish that, I forgot to add to our List of Doom yesterday.

-

@Ron - oh yes! *that* What about Kevin's project? When do we start teasing about that?

the vulture at the base of the tree. Is that a glued on one, or part of the base sculpt?

-

@Daveron - glued on. They are all detached by default, with no pegs or sockets, so they can be placed or not placed at your whim.

I'm sure we can live a couple of hours without an update. You need your sleep for you to last the remaining 19 days!

-

@Peter - I have statistical data that evidences that when an Update is delayed, each hour it is delayed is reduced by roughly 1/3 of the typical gain for the same hour.

We have not even begun to tease the endgame last 48-hour goals

There's plenty of amazing things, more or less starting with Dreadmere the other day, to be revealed the next two weeks. Including, yes, Baba Yaga's Hut and the Zombie Dragon, and Terrain items and more

Day 13 continued below.

Huzzah!

11 people like this

Day 13 Infobits Summary part 2 (last one for Day 13):

There's plenty of amazing things, more or less starting with Dreadmere the other day, to be revealed the next two weeks. Including, yes, Baba Yaga's Hut and the Zombie Dragon, and Terrain items and more

Yes the goal of the U.K. hub is to provide retail and distribution to U.K. and EU stockists and consumers

as an average, lose 30 backers a day, and net 200 more than we lost. Averages excluding day 1&2. No worries.

is the fire giant and the hellhound attached, or separate pieces?

-

@Kenneth - they are not assembled when delivered

I said earlier that we haven't teased our final 48hr items, implying that everything we've shown will he revealed in the next 18 days (roughly)

-----

@Peter - OMG we have so much stuff we haven't teased yet...

-----

I don't really remember what we haven't teased so I'm afraid to say anything anymore

I saw that you had said "new" paints were coming soon. Does that mean new as brand new colors, types etc or does it just mean new as in new to the Campaign?

-

@Michael - New Colors, also new to this campaign. We like new.

I like the mini of me. I just don't think it's popular enough to justify the cost of a Bones mold and SKU

[referring to pumpkins and cart] could it be split digitally (similar to part fittings)?

-

[Ron] @Enos - it's a traditional sculpt, not digital.

[Ron] the Fish wife is pushing a small rollling cart of fish

BTW, on the giant frogs. There are 2 different frogs, but the render wasn't ready for the reveal. Will fix that in future updates. But, frogs should be Medium.

We're also looking into a detachable tongue for the frogs; will update that if it happens. If it doesn't show up, it means it got dropped.

End of Day 13.

Huzzah!

12 people like this

Day 14 Infobits Summary part 1:

only about 30 commenters are active at any given hour, as an average [across any 24 hour period]. Over half of all backers will not return to the project page until the final 48 hours notice goes out, and they will adjust their pledges then. The remaining 50% will adjust a few times along the way, but most of them will only bump once or twice before then. the commenters, by and large, being reactive to new goals and ideas within minutes with their Pledge dollars, are not typical.

While the slow growth weeks of the project middle can be frustrating, the steady addition of new backers, steady reveals of new Options, and steady growth of Core Set Values combine to put us on really solid footing for the final few days, when most backers return to finalize their pledges based on the reveals made during this period. We have 19 days to go, and we have a lot of exciting Options, new Expansions, and PLENTY of models to add to the Core Set still.

is there a chance to get an update with close up pictures of the core and expansion pieces?

-

@CK - probably not in an update but a slightly larger version of the graphic exists in the Pledge Manager

Please be sure to read all of the information about our Pledge Manager and our Shipping policies.

Whose idea was it to name the bandits after Die Hard antagonists?

-

@Dan - That was Ron. He was wondering if anyone would notice ;)

any chance of a pic of Maggotcrown Bonesack with Sir Forscale?

-

@Steve - We'll get that added as soon as we can. The masters are being processed now

New backers is an extremely important growth metric. It may be slow, but it's necessary, and doing that requires increasing the value of existing product, as well as adding new product.

When are we going to get a Dreadmere mini campaign setting document?

-

@Brian Rosenberger - ReaperWolf, as I understand it, is still working on it. We will provide it as a free PDF when it is ready

Paint Set A is existing colors. Set will B will be all new.

Day 14 continued below.

Huzzah!

Edited by OneBoot
9 people like this

Day 14 part 2 (last one for Day 14):

it's very easy to get discouraged in the middle part, and we're almost dead in the center of the middle part - 2 days away from the exact center. We have plenty of things to do do entice new backers by adding value to existing sets, and adding new sets, and ways to get existing backers to pledge for more, along the same lines.

-----

remember that we have 19 more days to go - with pretty close to reveal every day, that's 19 more reveals Not including what we're holding back for the final 2 days. There may not really be much yours excited about now, but with 19 more reveals...

-----

everything all of you have been saying about how "slow" it is has been said *every single day* of Both Bones 2 & Bones 3's mid-campaign slowdowns. we've done this before, and know what to expect.

-----

We've also said many times that this project is one where we feel that bones has a very stable base, and so now we can experiment with LOTS of different niches. As with EVERY project, our goal is not to offer everything ever that every gamer will want, but to offer at least ONE thing that everyone will want. It is expected that only 20-30% of all backers will opt in for any given reward, other than the Core Set.

-----

Honestly, at over 1 1/4 million dollars, we're already thrilled, and knowing there's so much more coming and we're not even at the halfway mark is sure exciting.

[regarding the Kickstarter Live video on August 19th]

This stream will be available for viewing after the stream ends, and will be added to our project page, so even if you miss it, you can still watch!

-----

BE AWARE - the link for the livestream is already live - although no video feed yet. YOU CAN SUBMIT questions to it now, and we will be able to jump straight in to user requests to see models or answer questions

-----

@Talon - We may curate questions we can't answer properly, but feel free to ask.

-----

In addition to general use questions, feel free to ask things like " can you spin {model name} around so we can see all of it?" and that kind of thing. We can do this as a Q&A and as a Show and Tell

-----

we intend to have as many B4 rewards at hand as possible to help talk to backers about *this* project

-----

We will absolutely try to have a few new things nobody has seen before. What's the point of having all the power if we can't be evil?

@Aryanun - we will have another video before the Live Stream event, featuring PrettyHands [Ron Hawkins] and myself, as well as both of us participating in the live stream, which if it is well received, we will do another one.

Are the accessories on the cart removable?

-

@Graverobber74 - yes, those are separate

a quick Stealth unlock of Galladon, this time offered via Twitter instead of Facebook. the next one, Lysette, will be in a few days, and next week we will attempt to unlock the two mystery Small World Heroes!

Bones are relatively cheap, which is why we can sell them so inexpensively after the molds are made. It's the molds that are expensive.

Please be sure to read all of the information about our Pledge Manager and our Shipping policies.

-----

lots of people aren't reading it. We get lots of questions.

@Omnislush - it's cute that you think there's only going to be 2 dragons.

-

@reaper so does that mean more then 3 dragons?

-

@Omnislush - Dead or living?

End of Day 14.

Huzzah!

8 people like this