ladystorm

Funded
Reaper Bones 4: Information Thread

240 posts in this topic

Because @TheAuldGrump mentioned it and @Reaperbryan was talking about avatars and such here's a bunch of the same stuff but for your avatar or whatever.

No backgrounds of just some of the characters:

Lysette.png.0ba54b795e1d29a85fd9484a60e0df29.png 599308b65d235_LysettewithDragon.png.fddc489f95c8e7d1c49076f190c19450.png 599308b4257d7_AlmaranwithHearts.png.44e5900a000639bb99a3c31f49e1aab0.png Almaran.png.ecaae220a675ffeee8cddfbf7aa67a51.png Arnise.png.8121d9e342ddea7899833cd6f49a6904.png  599308b5c7746_GalladonwithFlame.png.bc265999a3b451d728c82354090aa885.png 599308b6ed4b4_Mr.Bones-Deal.png.864d3c2d226f429c6e2477f2c34ea4cc.png 599308b82c160_Mr.Bones-One.png.6c0dcf19abe739ab440e42dcf2115858.png 599308b8c123b_Mr.Bones.png.f95047ddb14df9754d3278713afbcb7b.png

Bones Avatars:

599308fe8ed0d_AlmaranwithHearts.png.5375aa57cda974975f2811ba9d60ac3d.pngAlmaran.png.6ec765102f805570c1978affd30a8193.pngGalladon.png.7eb180de3b135f7611fe5ebea0586de5.png59930900aa3e9_LysettewithDragon.png.e9dbeb3ae6017537feb4020d8c969986.pngLysette.png.6cbe46ebb07110d8f549f96dc3cdf12b.png

Arnise.png.00eef47b9d92bcabda1dfa0afbf9a2f6.png59930901b1919_Mr.Bones-Deal.png.2b89f5061b717ab78ec5a6660e4113ae.png5993090240326_Mr.Bones-One.png.fd6cd800c56fbc4ab83cae8c78b1a174.png59930902c417d_Mr.Bones.png.2f628d3ab088ab67634bfb3bdb0db529.pngTreasure.png.b48a2dfe3ee009a355f5ad088acc58f7.png

And a bonus combo Supporter Signature Badge:

59930949796ea_Bones4Supporter-FatDragon.jpg.b73a946754ba6b15ad94aa16387032e2.jpg

15 people like this

Im heading up to GenCon in 2 days, any chance of a QR code that I can print to a badge so people can scan it to check out the kickstarter right away?

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, RomulanCmdr said:

Im heading up to GenCon in 2 days, any chance of a QR code that I can print to a badge so people can scan it to check out the kickstarter right away?

Here's a QR Code that links to the KS.

reaper-ks-qr-code.png.24dd7aba6fc634225fbe0adc70ffe9d3.png

Print and go.  Just don't distort the image.

Edited by Thrym
8 people like this

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

There is no necessary correlation between the color of the plastic and consistency of the plastic. There are gray Bones figures that are just as floppy as the floppiest white Bones figures.

The driver for adding more plasticizer (as I understand it) is to make removal of complex figures from a two part mold easier (or possible). The question, then, is whether you can get all four legs to mold and eject reliably with harder plastic, and I'm not the person who can answer that.

It was my understanding that they used the grey color to indicate a Bones material that they were making that was stiffer than the regular white material.  That is why they used it for the all the structures in the Graveyard Expansion in Bones 3; so you wouldn't get ridiculous wavy walls.  Also for the BFG, so the barrel wouldn't be a warped mess.   And the weapon sprues.  Certainly the anecdotal evidence of the figures in the grey material I got in Bones 3 were much stiffer then your run of the mill white bones.

Can anyone verify this?

Edited by Chris Palmer

Is there any special meaning to "glow" in the names of some paints in set B, or are they just vivid colors?

49 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

Is there any special meaning to "glow" in the names of some paints in set B, or are they just vivid colors?

Just vivid colors

8 people like this

From the latest comic strip:

5995a3d5c7ea8_Bones4Supporter-ArniseSitting.jpg.d00847a6dacaadcb037b09ddbd97357e.jpg5995a3d655fb6_Bones4Supporter-LysetteandBabyRed.jpg.31e54ae7d4f6ea85636932ff80c18d17.jpg

8 people like this

Is the intent with the Dreadmere Land Terrapin to make the pack, saddle and bridle removable for added versatility?

(Love Izzy's concept art, as always :wub:)

4 people like this

From Izzy's artwork above, Terrapin Badges:

599604025e23f_Bones4Supporter-TerrapinColor.jpg.5985c331a61535419e9e00b405df5ec3.jpg59960402dea26_Bones4Supporter-TerrapinHandlerColor.jpg.0a8ff6441eca458a65061662bbe86491.jpg

9 people like this

Wowzers.  I think I'm more excited for the Dreadmere designs than I am for anything so far in the Core set.  :D  I *love* the aesthetic.  Is there any backstory on the inspiration behind all of this?  (E.g., are these designs done with any particular system/setting/campaign in mind?  Or is there any particular region or time period that's serving as inspiration for the styles?)

2 people like this

Day 15 Infobits Summary part 1:

will we be able to see the boat and raft during the live stream?

-

@TheMandolin - I will inquire. We are printing as many models as we can, but printing is not a fast process.

it's in the update, but I wanted to be clear that the model can be assembled without the legs if you want a house, or with if you want Baba Yaga's Hut

-----

if the roof comes off i will be extremely interested

-

@Eric Neumann - it is not deigned with an interior. Traditionally, the hut is rather tardis-like, and has many more rooms than can actually be modeled.

-----

is it a solid piece or is it 4 walls and roof you assemble?

-

@Omnislush - the print we have is solid, although I suppose it could be put on mold as walls. This would definitely be a Ron Hawkins question

-----

Note: The following quotes are from Ron Hawkins (aka ReaperRon).

Kevin's working on something terribly horrible. Bobby's working on something cute but kick-broccoli.

Regarding Baba Yaga's Hut

honestly, we haven't finalized plans for production just yet. I'm fairly certain that this will not be a solid piece of plastic.

-----

I'm also fairly certain that it will be in multiple parts.

-----

We'll give you guys a good look at it during the Livestream this Saturday.

-----

We'll make it as easy to assemble as possible. Right now, there are several options on the table for production.

-----

Kelly - it's very possible and very likely that the roof would be removable so that it's hollow on the inside. That said, the hut was not designed to have a finished interior.

-----

But please everyone, remember: we're *very* early into this project, and we'll try to keep this thing as hollow, as easy to assemble, and as functional as possible. BUT...we're not guaranteeing anything at this moment. That said, we will try our darnedest to make you guys enthusiastically happy when you get it in your hands. :)

Day 15 continued below.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

11 people like this

Day 15 Infobits Summary part 2 (last one for Day 15):

Note: The following quotes are all from Ron Hawkins (aka ReaperRon).

Sir Forscale Chibi - maybe. Just a matter of time. :)

Oh, by the way, Kickstarter Countdown party Saturday, September 2nd! Come join us for free pizza, snacks, fun and prizes! Oh, and counting down Bones 4 too!

Oooh, Bob Ridolfi just sent me some pictures of some greens he's been working on....very nice....

Now I could really go for a Roc with a properly sized elephant in its claws. That would be epic!

-

Kyle - wouldn't that be cool? Maybe not practical, but cool.

Love the hut, love the legs! Only quibble is Baba Yaga's hut is classically supposed to have no doors or windows...

-

Kay - yeah, but it didn't look " as cool", and, it wouldn't be as multifunctional. :)

I notice that there is not as many dragons this time (hope there is some to come) but will there be any other large dragon like pieces

-

Ben - dragon lovers, get ready...you're not forgotten!

I don't think they can top Ma'al Drakar from B3, but I welcome reaper to prove me wrong.

-

Matthew - that will be very tough. But we must try!

Is Giant Frog 1 the same as Giant Frog 2?

-

Paul - The graphic shows that they're the same, but we're waiting on the render for Frog #2. Will update that graphic when we can.

Ridolfi sculpt(s) 20 questions: 
1) is it alive (non-planar): yes. plural !! 
2) does it have more than 4 limbs: (awaiting reply)

-

Enos - two legs each!

[Note from OneBoot: I'm not sure if this stretch goal has been revealed yet or not, and if it has, what model(s) it is]

End of Day 15.

Huzzah!

10 people like this

Day 16 Infobits Summary part 1:

Are the paints HD? [referring to Paint Set B]

-

@Harrek - those are MSP Core Colors

-----

@Kitenerd - all of them are new colors. The Kickstarter is they first time they will be offered, and after fulfillment we will offer them in retail

Are the legs only addable at assembly? I.E. do they need to be glued in place if used? [referring to the legs on Baba Yaga's Hut]

-

@Taylor - you should be able to not have to glue them in, although I cannot promise that there won't be stability issues.

Any idea how tall the legs for baba yaga's hut are? I'd really like to get an idea if a player's mini would be able to fit under the thing

-

@Ant - about 2" is the gap from the floor of the mini to the surface of the table

@Elli - Ma'al Drakar is billed as "The Mother of all Dragons", which implies she is female.

[do] the "glow" paints actually glow - as in emit light / glow in the dark. Or are just named that way for their shade / cool name for the color.

-

@Todd - they do not glow in the dark, nor fluoresce. They are named so for the visual effects one can achieve when using them

Suppose you Pledge $200. In the PM, when we open it for orders (it's a calculator until we confirm payment to kickstarter) you can begin spending your "pledge credit". You can place as many orders as you want until it closes, paying each time. You will begin with a $200 credit. which you can spend all at once, or incrementally, as well as adding new funds once the credit is spent

@Olivier - we just haven't gotten to the Pathfinder goals.

@Coralline - Bones Paints are limited to 54 SKUs because that's what the racks hold. The racks for the Core Set hold hundreds.

-----

@Zombified, the distinction between HD and Bones is negligible, but HD/Bones basically cover better but need more thinning to be used in layering

what if we do more than one capstone?

[capstone meaning very large awesome mini that generally shows up near the end of the KS project]

Day 16 continued below.

Huzzah!

9 people like this

Day 16 KS Infobits Summary part 2:

Baba Yaga is flying in her magic Mortar and Pestle. It's part of traditional mythology

we see about 30 backers a day drop out. Is a remarkably consistent metric for the previous 10 days. While simultaneously gaining a net positive approaching 100 backers a day, give or take. So +130, -30

is there a rear shot of the tree?

-

we will do a turnaround on the livestream

I want to do a Baba Yaga's Treehouse of Woe. Can I get a size comparison and balance test on your live video on Saturday. I am thinking of something like this. http://i.imgur.com/3JOafJV.jpg

-

@David + Katie Schumm - we can do that for the livestream, sure. A little modification may be required to the treetops since they're not flat

Note: The following quotes are all from Ron Hawkins (aka ReaperRon).

if I add some paints will they be sent out the same time as the minis ?

-

Jason - Yup, all rewards sent out at the same time! :)

So any chance we'll see any Savage Worlds Bones as part of this KS?

-

Royal - None planned at the moment. But things can and do change.

Rhonda's working on some stuff you guys have already seen, but you haven't seen painted yet. :)

-----

[Rhonda] The High Rollers!

I think the Kobold leaders are super cool. But yeah, we're done with Kobolds for a while now. :)

So, Joseph Wolf wanted to have a type of pack animal that would be good in a swamp environment, so he came up with the giant terrapin. I pitched it to Izzy and *WHAM* she knocked it out of the park. Grand slam homerun. Couldn't be happier with her art from this.

-----

Izzy's responsible for most of the stuff in the Dreadmere expansion. Mostly.

Day 16 continued below.

Huzzah!

10 people like this