ladystorm

Funded
Reaper Bones 4: Information Thread

240 posts in this topic

Final Day Infobits Summary (So Far...)

SO HERE'S THE DEAL:

That art is unfinished, and Ron assures me that before the end of the day we will have the souls and a few other things to show, IN ADDITION to the items to be revealed at 2.8m

Chris Lewis is sculpting the Styxian barge, btw

Read the fine print. What are the "desperate souls"?

---

Oh, they're cool spirits in translucent green clinging to the hull - but optional so you can model it with or without.

Ron has pictures he will have me sure in a little while, but he's gathering up the sculptors and Izzy for today's party at the Pizza Dungeon

WE HAVE BEAT BONES 3! YOU ALL ROCK!!!!!!

Our next Livestream will be at 3pm Reaper Time

I don't think the barge is what they were referring to, especially since it is in a multi part set.

---

Oh, the Barge isn't the only big thing, no...

This will likely be the last update before the Livestream begins (I will be at a funeral in 20 minutes, not family), so make sure you tune in!  

I will post a final set either toward the end or later this evening with final details.

7 people like this

FYI official end of KS email has a typo that says PM closes July 2017. It should read July2018.

4 people like this

Question:

I'm using a prepaid Visa and I accidentally pledged more money than it had on it, is there anyway for me to reduce the amount I pledged even though the kick starter has ended, I sent an email to  help@reapermini.com  asking them if they could change my pledge, but I got an email back saying that their offices are closed until sept 5th.

Any suggestions?

1 person likes this

Im curious if the "Translucent Desperate Souls" mentioned on part one of the Stygian Barge pic in the pledge manager (clinging to the hull as described in the last infodump ^) are intended to be the same or different to the "Stygian Passengers in Transculent Green" that have sketches in part two of the Barge pic on the KS page.

Currently the PM pic mentions Desperate Souls and has no pic for part two, while the KS pic doesnt mention Desperate Souls but has Passengers sketch for part two.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Jaymezin said:

Question:

I'm using a prepaid Visa and I accidentally pledged more money than it had on it, is there anyway for me to reduce the amount I pledged even though the kick starter has ended, I sent an email to  help@reapermini.com  asking them if they could change my pledge, but I got an email back saying that their offices are closed until sept 5th.

Any suggestions?

Reaper does not collect the funds pledged through Kickstarter website. Kickstarter does.  We can't change your pledge on their website.

Your pledge not going through is unfortunate but Kickstarter gives you a week to resolve it.  You will need to explore your options on resolving the card. 

Honestly, we encounter more card issues with prepaid than any other payment method. 

1 person likes this

I pledged 338$ initially. Then, a friend wanted a set of the mini heroes, so before the end of the KS I increased my plege by 6$ to a total amount of 344$. KS finished, and now I also updated the pledge calculator with that extra set. 

What I forget was an increase on shipping costs. Now my pledge is for 344$, but I owe 344,73$. How can I can add 0,73$ to my pledge? Or I have way to do so and it's better if I just cancel the extra set? 

1 person likes this

This was my first kickstarter to support.  I just want to confirm I have everything set up right and one question.  So I confirm my address, phone and reward selection in pledge manager and I'm done?  I was curious, if I come back later and add something...does KS go through the whole refund entire amount and charge me for the new amount or will it just bill me for the difference?  I wanted to check in case my credit card processes the charge before a potential refund (which is has done that before).

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, mwhowell2001 said:

I was curious, if I come back later and add something...does KS go through the whole refund entire amount and charge me for the new amount or will it just bill me for the difference?  I wanted to check in case my credit card processes the charge before a potential refund (which is has done that before).

When you make a pledge in Kickstarter, it is charged once to your card and the funds (minus fees) are transferred to Reaper. Reaper then assigns you credit equal to the amount you pledged.

If you come back to the pledge manager later and add selections that bring your total above what you pledged in Kickstarter, you'll have to provide more funds. This is done via the pledge manager application; Kickstarter's not involved. If you gave Kickstarter $300 and then locked in $400 worth of stuff in the pledge manager, you'd give Reaper an extra $100 and you'd see an additional charge on whatever payment method you are using for $100.

You should not expect to see a refund through Kickstarter as part of this process. Kickstarter will be mostly out of the loop.

5 people like this

SO HERE'S THE DEAL:

That art is unfinished, and Ron assures me that before the end of the day we will have the souls and a few other things to show, IN ADDITION to the items to be revealed at 2.8m

Did we miss this?

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Did we miss this?

I don't remember seeing the souls. Or the water base either for that matter.

I was also wondering if the tiles and pillar caps will available in the Reaper store after fulfillment. Also, will the tiles be available through Reaper or the company that makes the tiles? Anyone have a clue?

2 people like this

None of the Reaper products from this Kickstarter are planned to be exclusive.

All of Reaper's products from Bones 4 will eventually be available on the retail market.

7 people like this

Some information quoted from the Bones 4 Enthusiasm thread:

On 9/4/2017 at 9:33 AM, ladystorm said:

I know Argent is still a WIP.

Gene missed most of Saturday's party to get it to a point that something could be shared. 

On 9/5/2017 at 7:55 AM, Reaperbryan said:

Any paints that are damaged in transit will be covered by our warranty replacement, and would be eligible to be replaced for no charge. As a courtesy we ask that you wait to ask for replacement until the threat of freezing is minimal.

1 hour ago, Reaperbryan said:

We will not make any announcements regarding new items (if any) to be added to the PM until such time as the PM unlocks. This is expected to be 2-3 weeks. (now more like 1.5-2.5)    [emphasis added]

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

9 people like this

Here are links to the three videos where several Reaper sculptors were interviewed by Ron Hawkins (during the Bones 4 countdown party):

Julie Guthrie and Bob Ridolfi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhcRzfpj7hc&feature=youtu.be

Gene Van Horne and Michael Proctor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyM8wQH5Yjw&feature=youtu.be

Jason Wiebe and Bobby Jackson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVwk9SSFLWg

Huzzah!

Edited by OneBoot
formatting
10 people like this

For those unable to view the videos, here's a brief summary of the important points from each video:

Julie Guthrie and Bob Ridolfi:

• Blacksting the wyvern's base was sculpted so that it can slot into the Dragons Don't Share base. You can use it to make an extension of the staircase.
  • The Skeletal Dragon add-on was sculpted such that it can be removed from its base and stand by itself on the table.
  • Bob sculpted the base parts for the translucent Ghost Pirates in the core set, and Julie sculpted the ghosts themselves, using the elements Bob included on each base as inspiration.
  • The Skeletal Monsters add-on will come with a sprue of extra heads, and all of the heads are intended to be interchangeable between the different skeletons.

Gene Van Horne and Michael Proctor:

• From the Fantasy Scenics add-on: the well, gazebo and astrolab all fit onto the round platform, and the doorway piece fits onto the side. The Zombie Dragon add-on also fits nicely onto the round platform.
  • The elf warrior (number 9?) in the Core Set is Michael's player character in D&D. His name is Adaran (my best guess on spelling)

Jason Wiebe and Bobby Jackson:

• After a model is sculpted digitally, the sculptor sends it to Reaper. Reaper requests corrections, then when it is to where Reaper wants it, they print out a master sculpt on their 3D printer. In traditional sculpting, the master is the green that's handed in; with digital, Reaper prints out the master.
  • Mossbeard Treeman was Wiebe's own design, no concept art; Blacktooth Terror was more of a back-and-forth between Wiebe and Ron.

Huzzah!

10 people like this