ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Information Thread

At one point Reaper had posted a picture comparing the new hill giants to the old hill giants but it was quickly pulled (think it showed a forthcoming reward at the time).... Is it able to be (re)posted now?

9 hours ago, JGF said:

At one point Reaper had posted a picture comparing the new hill giants to the old hill giants but it was quickly pulled (think it showed a forthcoming reward at the time).... Is it able to be (re)posted now?

I will not be sharing that image again. 

• Like 1

Should I wait to add items to the Pledge Manager or is it ok to do so now...?

This is my first Reaper KS so I don't know what to expect and don't want to mess up my order.

Thanks!

J--

• Like 3

I was a little disappointed in the crypt from Bones Kickstarter #3, because of the difference in the plastic used to make it. It seems rather fragile and more like something plastic you might get from Games Workshop (ew!). Are any of the new models going to use that same plastic? Mainly I'm concerned about the Stygian Barge.

I understand that certain items must be made of this material to keep it from weighing down the rest of the model, but I don't really think it's necessary for the larger pieces. I love the big heavy rock terrain that's made of bonesium! Hopefully we'll get a barge like that as well. There are other terrain I'm interested in as well, but I would have to know for sure first. I would be willing to take a gamble on the barge, without knowing (but will still be quite sad if it's not made of bonesium).

Another key item I'm interested in is the tree of despair, but surely that would be made of bonesium.

16 hours ago, jsalyers said:

This is my first Reaper KS so I don't know what to expect and don't want to mess up my order.

Thanks!

J--

If you didn't back the project on Kickstarter, go to www.reapermini.com/bones4 and sign up for notifications as to when the pledge manager opens.

Until it opens, which should be not too far off now, you can't do much with the pledge manager.

57 minutes ago, Pally said:

Are any of the new models going to use that same plastic?

Bonesium comes in many different flexibilities.   We won't know what the right one will be until the proofs arrive in many months time.

• Like 7

So what was the third section of the barge going to be and is it possible for late pledge manager donations to reach it?

• Like 1

On 9/8/2017 at 9:28 PM, jsalyers said:

Thanks!

J--

please lock in as soon as you are able. 

It is open now, and you can lock. 

There's several ways this can go:

1. You pledged exactly what you needed to to pay for what you want to select.
    1. In this case, go to the PM while it's fresh in your memory and lock in (that is, go through the Check Out process), confident that you are now done and will receive your order when it is ready.
  2. Your pledge does not cover all of your "wants"
    1. In this case, go lock in what you can. You can check out, "paying" for your pledged items with your Pledge Credit, and then come back as often as you need to suit your budget. You might have 1, 2, 3, or 200 orders, depending on how your specific situation. Each time you order, you will pay at the time you check out

There is a handy video here That should be able to help you - I tried to work through the majority of common permutations of orders to show how you might use the tool.

Bones 4 Pledge Manager Instructions               

• Like 8

@Reaperbryan: When I locked my order in, I owed for shipping, and tried to Pay with Credit Card. It looks like Stripe has an old card and I couldn't figure out how to change the card they reference. I paid with Paypal instead, so it's handled for now, but is there a way to change the card that Stripe references?

FWIW, I went looking with the usual sort of searches, but didn't find any place to update before I ran out of patience.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

@Reaperbryan: When I locked my order in, I owed for shipping, and tried to Pay with Credit Card. It looks like Stripe has an old card and I couldn't figure out how to change the card they reference. I paid with Paypal instead, so it's handled for now, but is there a way to change the card that Stripe references?

FWIW, I went looking with the usual sort of searches, but didn't find any place to update before I ran out of patience.

you should be able to enter your card number the way I do in the video. (starting at about 3:40)

We do not store your CC number in our database nor in system cookies, so unless your browser is storing that data, I have no idea how or where Stripe is getting old data.

• Like 4

I locked in my Pledge Manager last night, and I'm pretty sure I owe you guys some money. I'm one of those folks who only went in for $1 during the kickstarter. I added the Sophie & Friends set so I'd have something tangible in my cart when I checked out, but it did not charge me shipping or tax, nor did it charge me the $3 for the rest of Sophie's base price. It seems to think I'm square with just the $1, even sending me a confirmation email saying I was done. I'm all for getting a good deal as much as any other minis addict, but this is more dishonest than I'd like, and I'd also like to avoid any issues when I start adding other stuff.

• Like 1

The impression I got earlier is that if I checkout now for what I can afford, then add another order later, the system will do its best to charge me the best shipping rate it can on the order as a whole. Is that right?

• Like 1

On 9/12/2017 at 2:20 PM, Weird-O said:

I locked in my Pledge Manager last night, and I'm pretty sure I owe you guys some money. I'm one of those folks who only went in for $1 during the kickstarter. I added the Sophie & Friends set so I'd have something tangible in my cart when I checked out, but it did not charge me shipping or tax, nor did it charge me the $3 for the rest of Sophie's base price. It seems to think I'm square with just the $1, even sending me a confirmation email saying I was done. I'm all for getting a good deal as much as any other minis addict, but this is more dishonest than I'd like, and I'd also like to avoid any issues when I start adding other stuff.

send email to [email protected]

we would need personal information from you to look into this and we will not collect it over a public forum.

16 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

The impression I got earlier is that if I checkout now for what I can afford, then add another order later, the system will do its best to charge me the best shipping rate it can on the order as a whole. Is that right?

pretty much

• Like 4

So, not sure if this is the right place to post, but it was the best I could come up with.  Anyway, I'm a late backer on the kickstarter, and when I go to add items, the prices don't quite match what is listed on the kickstarter page.  Is this intentional?  I couldn't find any information one way or the other, so I thought I would ask.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, fluoxitin said:

So, not sure if this is the right place to post, but it was the best I could come up with.  Anyway, I'm a late backer on the kickstarter, and when I go to add items, the prices don't quite match what is listed on the kickstarter page.  Is this intentional?  I couldn't find any information one way or the other, so I thought I would ask.  Thanks.

Thank you for asking.

As a late backer, you have higher prices than those who backed through Kickstarter while the project was live Aug 1 - Sep 2 2017. 

The prices available to you as a late backer are higher than the graphics, yet are still lower than retail will be.

• Like 8

I'm getting a lot of questions/concerns about what people think they have ordered.

Before you email [email protected] to verify your order, log into your pledge manager and look at your Bones IV Pledge Manager Paid Invoice.

If you are seeing red numbers that are different than the quantities you should be seeing in the Pledge Manager, please 1) try a different browser, 2) log out and back in and 3) delete cookies and/or clear your browser cache.

99% of the emails I'm getting are resolved by those two directions.

Regarding shipping, the shipping rates are live and fluctuate every time the carriers change their rates.  If you had an estimate during the project and have higher rates now, there have been rate increases more than once since the project ended.

• Like 5