Sign in to follow this  
Spooktalker

02867: Matthias the Twisted, Vampire

Matthias is my favorite Vampire. Your version is one of THE FINEST I have seen...BEAUTIFULLY painted in a FINE array of colors. The base goes nicely with the miniature, finishing the piece in SPLENDID fashion.

VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

As a fan of Undead minis, I gotta say, he is awesome!!!

You've captured the Nosferatu/Necrarch look!

I'd like to see more of your work!

Edited by Glitterwolf

One of the best Nosferatu I have seen in awhile. Great job on the face bringing it into focal point. And the clothing is epic! Gorgeous brown tones add to the earthy, graveyard effect. I want to paint this miniature now!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      Last summer Bad Squiddo Games had an eyeblink of a Kickstarter (I think it might have been one week) for a line of Gothic horror minis, called "My Last Sunrise". Annie the Dice Bag Lady specializes in realistic non-objectified female minis from manufacturers worldwide and has a pretty good sense of humor about it.

These are three vampire brides from the assortment. They have a classic Hammer horror look to them. They were introduced in the Kickstarter as "Get married, they said. Best day of your life, they said."

Anyhow, I figured I would paint them up. 

As ever (though I don't think I have mentioned it lately), comments and critiques are most appreciated. I'm always learning and glad to hear other perspectives.

Normally I prime my minis white and wash them with Burnt Umber, a rich, dark brown. But I wanted these to look more chilly so I washed them with a cold grey mixed from Ultramarine Blue and Burnt Sienna. It does not enhance the details as much as the darker Umber.

Ultramarine Blue tends to dry with a grainy texture in thin washes.  In passing, I note that this looks like a pretty good crystalline rock texture and would be a fairly fast method for painting statues.

C&C welcome!
    • By Pingo
      Last year PingosHusband, after noodling around Exalted (2nd edition) and World of Darkness rulebooks (Vampire the Masquerade 2nd edition, Werewolf the Apocalypse, Mage the Ascension, etc.), announced that he'd like to run an Exalted game set in the World of Darkness.

We, his friends and loved ones, said “What, are you crazy? Have we not long joked about how unplayable and internally inconsistent the World of Darkness is; how its timeline makes no sense and its rules and worldbuilding are buried and often mutually contradictory; how foolish and suicidally incurious the various groups are regarding each other; and how so many of its many tragic angsty world-destroying problems could be solved if only each isolated group got its head out of its backside and actually talked to one of the others?”

He said, “Hear me out,” and since we have long experience of his keen ability to run entertaining campaigns, we heard him out.

See, PingosHusband has a knack rather like Alan Moore's ability to take unpromising old third rate comic book series and turn them into fascinating multifaceted mythic dynamos, or Neil Gaiman's ability to mine world mythology to create astounding and consistent and multilayered worlds, or James Burke or Kenneth Hite’s ability to take fascinating historical and technological developments and spin them into stories of human interconnectivity or disturbingly deep illuminati conspiracies for game use, respectively.

More than once PingosHusband has taken historical oddments, played “What happens if this is taken seriously and assumed to make sense somehow?” and produced some wonderful story or game setting or world.

(One of them won awards.)

So apparently he did this with Exalted and World of Darkness, getting under the hood, finding the core of what worked and what didn’t, seeing what could be connected to what else and what made sense, what was clearly absurd, what needed tweaking, what could be fun, what couldn’t be possible, why things happened, and who could have done them. He looked keenly at characters, places and situations, saw potential for fun in a campaign, wrote up background, and presented us with an introductory players’ handout.

I’ll get to particulars later. The simple version is that the world looks basically like the World of Darkness, except that all of a sudden a tiny number of people have Exalted with memories of the world of Exalted (“Creation”) and powers derived from it. There are five to begin with (the PCs), although more will come soon enough.

I have to say, this game has so far been tremendous fun. Our group has been playing together for over thirty years and I have rarely seen all of us this excited about a game. Our teenage / adult children are also involved and we have been having vivid family conversations over meals about history, strategy, and characters.

I’ve (of course) been painting up miniatures for the game. I’m having a lot of fun with these too. I’ll put links to Show Off threads when I have them up.

• By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

I kind of finished this diorama a few years ago but have recently finished it for good with some newly aquired basing materials.

I originally bought Isabella Von Carstien just to paint up as a single miniature but as her pose seemed to infer a commanding stance, I decided to expand things into a diorama by giving her an elite skeleton guard to command using a pack of GW skeletons that I had.

For the actual terrain, I was inspired by a favourite old Ray Harryhausen film of mine, "The 7th Voyage Of Sinbad" where Sinbad swordfights a skeleton on a spiral staircase (which, famously, doesn't go anywhere!). It's a great scene & I wanted to create a spooky ruined spiral stone staircase for Isabella to lead from.
      The stonework is made from air-drying clay. I made the staircase by cutting out rolled flat wet clay "cookies" using the plastic cap off a deoderant can to create circles. I then scored lines into each wet "cookie" to create quarters & when dry, I snapped the clay into 4 quarters & tidied them up. I then glued each quarter on top of the last one leaving a eighth of the previous step showing, I repeated this until I got to the required height - I'm very pleased with how this worked out! . I then filled in all gaps between the steps to make them look like they were carved out of the stone & added some sand for texture here & there, I also pencilled in then scored some fish-scale tiles into the base.

C & C are always welcome - Thanks for looking!

• By Nightwing
      Here is a vampire from Grenadier’s Monsters large box set. I’ve been gradually getting all the undead creatures from the set, I think this is the last of them. 

Question: is he running after something or running away from something?  I can’t make up my mind. Maybe a bunch of villagers with stakes is hot in his heels?  Why wouldn’t he just polymorph into a bat or wolf, either of which could go much faster? I think if a vampire is running, he’s doing something wrong. 

• By Glitterwolf
      Here is the Vampire Queen herself.
      She has a Magic Sword guarded by her Crow familiar.
      Her faithful undead servant lights the way.

I tried a bit of OSL on the servant, my first try.
      I don't think it worked out that well, but you gotta try right?

The familiar and sword are from Reaper, pack X.
      The Vampire and Servant are from the Freebooter range, sculpted by Werner Klocke.

Sorry about the quality of some pics, still struggling with the camera.

• Who's Online   35 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)