Sign in to follow this  
Spooktalker

02867: Matthias the Twisted, Vampire

Matthias is my favorite Vampire. Your version is one of THE FINEST I have seen...BEAUTIFULLY painted in a FINE array of colors. The base goes nicely with the miniature, finishing the piece in SPLENDID fashion.

VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

As a fan of Undead minis, I gotta say, he is awesome!!!

You've captured the Nosferatu/Necrarch look!

I'd like to see more of your work!

Edited by Glitterwolf

One of the best Nosferatu I have seen in awhile. Great job on the face bringing it into focal point. And the clothing is epic! Gorgeous brown tones add to the earthy, graveyard effect. I want to paint this miniature now!

This is beautifully painted. 

I love the fading  on the ragged ...  (poncho? It looks like it once had soutached lapels like an eighteenth century coat.) the thingy, the implication that it was once dyed a dark color but wear has faded the raw edges and the high points on the wrinkles.

"Blood! Your Precious Blood!" 

As already stated this is an awesomely painted mini. You managed to give the essence of Nosferatu into the mini.. Very very well done..

You should give us more! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      One of my favorite Fantasy races are the Undead, followed by Chaos and Reptilians.
      I already have my Lost World Project which tells a tale of Conquistadores, Reptilians, Dinosaurs, Undead and a lot more.
      However those Undead are the Egyptian Style and Pirate/Jungle style.

This thread will be filled with my beloved Gothic Undead, Demons, Monsters and all things that go bump in the night.
      In my Lost World Project I tell an ongoing story, here I will post about all other dark things without coherency.
      There might be snippets of loose stories to accompany a mini or not...

I hope you guys and gals and creatures will like it.

Let's kick off with the critters I painted a while ago to get a feel of what is coming.

Enjoy! ( or not)

Bats and a Murder of Crows

EDIT: I will include some Bones and minis. The bulk will be metal and I want to give this an oldschool vibe.
      Preferred minis will be, Reaper, Grenadier, Ral Partha, Rafm, Metal Magic, Otherworld and Early Citadel.
      The Asian Undead will be from Zenith since I backed the Kensei Undead Samurai KS and will get their own thread.

Eldessa Necromancer

Ral Partha Female Vampire

Lurien and Aysa

Bat Demon

• By Glitterwolf
      So back to reposting my minis after the account crash.

This is Freebooter winged Vampire Raven, sh swoops down from this ruin to attack Hasslefree's Gen.
      I removed Gen's horns, I wanted her to look more human.

Gen's pics are linked cause, nude...mammal parts,

I like the wings, but overall I'm not so proud of this.
      Around this time ( years ago) I noticed my eyesight getting worse.
      Nowadays I use a visor.

https://postimg.org/image/ef2n7zl6d/

https://postimg.org/image/dcsgpgpid/

https://postimg.org/image/5k1sxhbth/

https://postimg.org/image/d012j9rt1/

• By Pingo
      This is Dracula from Bad Squiddo Games' "My Last Sunrise" collection, an assortment of vampires, vampire hunters, and a few auxiliaries which was released in a very brief Kickstarter last summer.

Annie, the Dice Bag Lady, runs fun Kickstarters. The three vampire brides I painted last month are from the same set.

I don't have a WIP for him. Questions and comments appreciated.

• By Pingo
      This is Julie Guthrie's 14181: Osric, Necropolis Hero, a vampire in armor with two swords from Reaper's Warlord game.

As I painted him I have been thinking of him as "Creepy chihuahua vampire dude".

There is no WIP thread, although I would happy to discuss techniques, art philosophy or what have you.

• By Generic Fighter
      So, I got SGHawkins for my Secret Sophie. She said she would be starting Curse of Strahd soon, so I made Strahd...

Happy Vampire is Happy!

Also, i did a couple "Spell Effects" like this Dancing Magma Sword!

And a pair of the new WizKids unpainted minis. I chose the Dragonborn female Fighters set because Dragonborn are hard to find equivilents for outside the official minis and I wanted to try out painting a few of them for future referance. I really like the effect I made with the first's Fire Sword. The mini's Fire sword is made from clear plastic so I used Tamiya Clear "Paint" to shade it and a little bit of Sword steel paint to make it look like the sword is on fire but that it still is metal underneeth.

The second Dragonborn was a challenge from SGHawkins to "Try something new" so, I tried Non-Metalic Metal! I used the Copper/Bronze triad from the Bones 3 Kickstarter to attempt it. It came out okay I think, but I can do better in the future. Also, had fun with the Fire and Ice Axes.

SGHawkins, please post pictures of the items I included too. i did not get to take any pictures of the gifts as I was ill until yesterday evening.

GF
  • Who's Online   33 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)