Sign in to follow this  
Spooktalker

02867: Matthias the Twisted, Vampire

Matthias is my favorite Vampire. Your version is one of THE FINEST I have seen...BEAUTIFULLY painted in a FINE array of colors. The base goes nicely with the miniature, finishing the piece in SPLENDID fashion.

VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

As a fan of Undead minis, I gotta say, he is awesome!!!

You've captured the Nosferatu/Necrarch look!

I'd like to see more of your work!

Edited by Glitterwolf

One of the best Nosferatu I have seen in awhile. Great job on the face bringing it into focal point. And the clothing is epic! Gorgeous brown tones add to the earthy, graveyard effect. I want to paint this miniature now!

This is beautifully painted. 

I love the fading  on the ragged ...  (poncho? It looks like it once had soutached lapels like an eighteenth century coat.) the thingy, the implication that it was once dyed a dark color but wear has faded the raw edges and the high points on the wrinkles.

"Blood! Your Precious Blood!" 

As already stated this is an awesomely painted mini. You managed to give the essence of Nosferatu into the mini.. Very very well done..

You should give us more! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      I found this to be one of the more challenging figures I've painted. A lot of skin, a lot of hair, and a lot of thin strands of hair next to skin. 

I went with the Evening Sky triad for his cloak, since it goes nicely with the Red Hair triad I used on his friend. With both of those I only highlighted to mid range, as I didn't think bright highlights would match the whole midnight tryst thing they've got going on.

It's barely visible in the picture, but at the bottom of her right eye is a very thin line of black to denote her eyelid. As much as I'd like to claim skill in getting it there, it was pure luck more than anything.The strands of her hair covering his head don't quite match my original mix, as I had no idea they were there until I went to finish his skin. 

• By Spooktalker
      Hi all, I thought you might like to see the Mordheim gang I just finished, particularly because it features a bunch of Reaper figures. It's hard to believe I started this over ten years ago. They sat around for years with a good portion done, and lately I've had my old projects in my sites and am finishing them off.

Mordheim Undead Gang

I wrote about them and shared more pics in a blog post here: https://belchedfromthedepths.blogspot.com/2018/06/mordheim-undead-gang.html

More pics of the reaper ones:

Reaper Matthias the Twisted, Vampire

I shared the vampire already here, so you may have seen him already. New backdrop with this pic for consistency.

Reaper Gravedigger
      Reaper humans are too tall, IMO, to mix in generally with Mordheim figures, but the vampire and gravedigger are conscious exceptions as they fit right in towering over their fellows.

There was no way I wasn't going to have this Reaper monkey in the crew. He's from a familiars pack.

Reaper Ghouls and Ghast

Reaper Hellhounds
      Last up are these Reaper hellhounds, or dire wolves, in Mordheim game terms. I was and am thinking of them as black dogs of yore like the barghest rather than wolves.

• By Pingo
      This is the fun Bobby Jackson sculpt 02867: Matthias the Twisted, concept art by Talin. He(?)'s a lassic rat-lovin' nosferatu type vampire with an awesome wardrobe and a great pose.

He has a lot of great details, including three tiny rats! (They are 28mm scale. They are really tiny.)

WIP thread here.
    • By Geoff Davis
      Rescued from my shelf of shame thanks to a suggestion from Inarah.  Vampire striking a dramatic pose.  I get the feeling she's not too worried about any pesky wooden stakes in that armour.  Comments and criticism are welcome.

• By Geoff Davis
      My current project from my Shelf of Shame.  She got abandoned when I couldn't figure out what to do about damage to the figure around her mouth.  I'm going to use her to practice NMM. 

Flesh painted.  I used the fair skin triad with pure white added for highlights and imperial purple added to the shadows.  I'm undecided about her eyes as yet.  I'm wavering between a dull lifeless pale blue or bright yellow and orange. 

For the armour I'm using the night sky triad with black added to the shadows and pure white added for the highlights. Only a little bit of blending done so far on her left shoulder, arm and hip.  Some of the convex shapes are causing me to do mental gymnastics to figure out where the highlights should be.  Her hair is the undead flesh triad with imperial purple added to the shadows and pure white added to the highlights.  The gems will be bright flaming yellow/orange which is why I'm considering whether the eyes should be yellow too.  I might dull down the gems to red and give her bright yellow eyes. 

• Who's Online   24 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)