Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
This thread is shamelessly ripping off a wonderful idea from our goblin friend @buglips*the*goblin from this thread way back around Bones KS1 days.
The intent of this thread is to have lots of people post WIP shots of their Bones Sophie paint jobs. Here are the minis to pick from (SKUs to be updated here soon):
From Left to Right: KS2 Trollslayer Sophie 77370, KS3 Sophie the Sage 77491, KS4 Innkeeper Sophie, KS4 Small World Sophie, Sir Forscale
(Note that Sir Forscale is just that, for scale. He is not part of this for WIP purposes.)
There is no time limit or set starting date. If you come across this thread long after I have posted it and want to join, feel free.
Quick ground rules:
1. Only Bones Sophie is allowed. There are four of them (unless I somehow missed one).
2. Try to limit yourself to a few posts a day, though. No reason to flood this thread too much. (Unless this doesn't pick up interest and it is just me, lol).
3. Watch the side conversations. Ideally this is primarily WIP pics and some direct conversation to help encourage or guide the painters.
4. If this picks up lots of interest, we will use one Show Off thread as to not overwhelm that thread too badly.
5. Play nice. This is meant to encourage people to paint. I am hoping we get painters of all levels of ability. Encourage people to join in. The more the merrier.
Feel free to PM me with questions or concerns. I will try to update this thread with any clarifications or whatnot.
Alright, now let's get this party started!
I seem to have rather alot of (20 or so) unpainted Bones left from the three first massive kickstarter campaigns, and a shipment with the bits from the fourth KS picked and packed and underweigh in a container bound for Europe as I write this. Which means that there will soonish be more Bones. Oh yes there will.
So, in an extremely ineffectual attempt to at least get a little more of the backlog painted up before the B4 arrives, I picked a few minis at semi-random from the Drawers of Doom™ where I keep most of the prepped minis these days. (There are several (many!) drawers, and all of them are mostly packed with minis ready to be painted. I open a drawer, have a quick look at the contents and grab a mini or two. Then I close the drawers quickly. This chosen one gets the paint. This is the only way I am able to overcome the paralysis-of-choice that invariably descends if I spend to long looking at all the lovely minis.)
It really does not help that my spending on minis both KS and otherwise has been a bit...shall we call it frivolous... the last few months, so I tend to be stockpiling more than I paint. Even though I have averaged 365+ painted minis each year these last several years, the mountains of the unpainted keep growing.
But I digress. Speedpaint incoming:
Say hello to Ingrid, supposedly a female viking warrior. With horns on the helmet. So, a Fantasy Viking then.
77225: Ingrid, Female Viking
From the second Bones kickstarter, 2014,
Heroes 1 subset
sculpted by Werner Klocke
available from reapermini.com
Who's Online 36 Members, 4 Anonymous, 66 Guests (See full list)
- Doug Sundseth
- Cranky Dog
- Paradoxical Mouse
- Bane Of Humanity
- Green Eyed Monster
- Knight of the Dinner Table
- Original Timmy
- Darsc Zacal