Generic Fighter

August 2017 Hobby Goals Thingy

35 posts in this topic

Primed two five-figure squads of Space Marines last night, a squad of regular marines and a squad of Primaris Intercessors.  Then my spray can ran out. I hope the last couple are alright because end of the can never seems to give as much tooth for the paint to adhere to.  Then I sprayed an MDF structure I made as a test with some nickel spray paint (great for that "industrial" look) and that can ran out as well.  I managed to get the exterior and tops of the two platforms (it's a girder tower structure), but still need to get the interior of the supports and the bottoms of the platforms.  Eventually I'm going to paint hazard stripes around the edges.

4 people like this

Have been in a building mood lately, so my goal for August is to assemble as many minis as possible.  So far I've gotten 7 Eldar Jetbikes with magnetized weapons (missing the stands from Back2Basiks that are in the mail) and 3 Primaris Aggressors w/ Flamestorm Gauntlets.  Next up are more skaven (yes, I've got my fingers in way way too many things...), some primaris Reivers and if I have the time, 3 more jetbikes to bring my squad to 10 (or more likely, 2 5-man squads).  

Still have some conversion work to do on all the Primaris marines to fit them into my Legion of the Damned/Salamanders army.  This may happen this month if I get a solid evening of quiet hobby time.  

5 people like this

On 8/3/2017 at 8:00 PM, Evilhalfling said:

paint 4+ bones from core set, bones2 

finish details on 'Paint your dragon" dragon 

finish heroine in sensible shoes 

more work on KoD mountain man OR begin assembly and painting KoD core game figures.

1. 3 finished 

2. nope (will take to paint day)

3. yes 

4  small amount of paint on MM,  Core shipping delayed to October. 

2 people like this

On 8/2/2017 at 3:01 PM, Guildenstern said:

My August goals are (thus far)

- More Ork boyz

- Finish at least 2 Frostgrave minis

- Start on The Kraken and its diorama

- objective markers (done!)

I've almost finished 29 ork boyz and 1 nob (mind you I'm going for tabletop quality here), dunno if their bases will get done though yet.

I've started on my Bad Squiddo Gunny Peegs (absolutely adorable tiny guinnea pigs. With guns.)

I got my Kraken almost ready to paint. Still working on tentacle mold lines.

2 people like this

I managed to base coat the blue on two of my Crimson Fist marines (regular, not Primaris)...then I remembered that The Defenders released.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NomadZeke
      Blah, can't win lately.

Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/72577-resolutionary-painting-challenge-2017-chatterquestions/
      All the information you need should be here.

Due to the revised format, there will be more than one bonus challenge available for this month. Including a "Hard mode" which Is some combination that may or may not have a source behind it.

Your challenge is: 9!

Bonus Challenge: The First!
      Oh Rats - July 22nd Is attributed as Ratcatcher's Day due to the legend of the Pied Piper of Hamelin. There's too much folklore to get into here - so let's see a ROUS or two!

Bonus Challenge: The Second!
      Richard Nixon made proclamation 4071 as National Clown week. The challenge is to make a character that's not sculpted as a clown, to have the garish appearance of one. (I would say the style of Killer Klowns from outer space works here too)

Hard Mode Challenge!
      Let's combine two of our favorite things, difficult colors and transparent cloth! Paint a mini of your choice using either Red or Yellow transparent cloth. (or is the term Translucent? I don't remember, I'm not done with my first pot of coffee yet.)

Good luck
    • By Generic Fighter
      Once again, what are your goals this month? Mine are...

--Finish my GenCon 50 DDM Prize Support!
      --Progress on the Maxs Minions Minis.

GF
    • By cdorf
      I have been working on a pair of goals for my Dreadball Extreme game.  I have them pretty close to done, but I am debating on adding color to the hoses hanging off the back of the goal.  There is a part of me that wants to just leave them the way they are.  On the other hand, I feel that adding some color to the hoses will help with the overall look. The other question that I have is if I do add color, what color should I add?  Please share your thoughts as I could use a second opinion on these.  Thanks.

• By Darkmeer
      So, being April Fool's Day, the Fish of April, as it is, I am starting this thread.

I did not complete ALL my goals last month, but I'm well on my way to completing quite a bit this month.  I'll leave it at that for now, as I do not wish to jinx myself.  My goal, as always, will be to finish three figures, and everything over that is bonus. 

On the table are roughly 47 figures between mushroom people, Anhurians, and Chaos Dwarfs.  I have some work to get done...
    • By Crowley
      Happy March everyone!

Bunch of rollover goals this month for me:
      Finish D&D Chainmail Orc Druid (85% done)
      Finish TARDISReaper's Phone Box (95% done)
      Finish Goldar and his teddy (70% done)

Adding to the list:
      Goblin Shaman - Hangout Figure of the Month
      Frostgrave Troopers TBD (I need to sit down with my list and figure out what the Doctor's are going to want going forward)
      Scatter Terrain
  • Who's Online   47 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)