TaleSpinner

Getting to Know Each Other, August 2017

850 posts in this topic

Just now, Clearman said:

Does it count if things are already a mess when you start?

Seconded. 

6 people like this

16 minutes ago, TGP said:

Seconded. 

Thirded.

5 people like this

Sure, not like we would know, right.

6 people like this

On 8/10/2017 at 9:04 AM, TaleSpinner said:

August 10: What do struggle with the most, hobby-wise? (Can be a top 3 or 5 list if you like.)

Motivation to finish. Getting started is easy. Finding time to finish....

5 people like this

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Weekend Quest: Make a mess doing something constructive/fun.  Show us the results.

I may be able to do this. We shall see if I have time to get to the in-laws.

4 people like this

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Weekend Quest: Make a mess doing something constructive/fun.  Show us the results.

*mad cackling* I am good at making messes. 

5 people like this

9 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Get cheap bones models to practice on. There's a few nekkid girls to practice skin tones on. For me, knowing how cheap the bones are makes me less afraid to ruin them.

I don't know about nekkid but I picked out several Bones minis for skin tests (mostly ladies showing skin or barbarian men).  Seoni just happens to be the first one.

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I'm going to have to pass.  We're going to be driving several hours tomorrow to see a Cirque du Soleil show finally.  (This will be our third attempt to see it.)

3 people like this

4 hours ago, Grayfax said:

At good old Anglo Saxon University?  Sorry... my brother got his undergrad there and after visiting once it was what I always called it.  I hope there is more diversity now.  Mostly I remember an old beat up mexican food restaurant that had fabulous fajitas from my visit, but, that was a long time ago, a long time indeed.

Nah, the con (and extremely small for the term) is going to be at the library.  The group responsible for it formed out of a group of euro board gamers, but there is some miniature and RPG play as well.

5 people like this

On 10/08/2017 at 2:04 PM, TaleSpinner said:

August 10: What do struggle with the most, hobby-wise? (Can be a top 3 or 5 list if you like.)

Like pretty much everyone else that has replied to this one, motivation.

I love to paint and can happily spend all day doing it, but all too often I find myself making excuses to not paint.

I also struggle to prep minis. I'm not very good at assembling non-plastic minis and I suck at filling gaps/smoothing seam-lines (although I seem to have made a bit of progress on this front recently).

6 people like this

5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

*looks over at painting table* Done.

Wait, is this whole 'making a mess' thing to distract us from the fact that you don't have a Friday question?:huh:

5 people like this

7 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Family friendly board.  Will not post pics. :devil:

That's my squidley-didley! :poke:

6 hours ago, Loim said:

I'm headed to an antique gun and knife show on the morrow, but I also get my Stynylrez primer in the mail today. I plan on playing with it on Bones. I will post pictures of the ensuing mess. 

I also get to play with my new airbrush, so I plan on getting a head jump start plan thingie on some Christmas decorations. And maybe some Halloween stockings. I will post pictures. 

What kind of 'brush did you get?

(George is nosey...)

4 people like this

On 8/11/2017 at 9:17 PM, TaleSpinner said:

I forgot to take pictures but I had a ton of fun at the weekend shooting Nerf guns with my kids.  We tidied up afterwards but that still counts right?

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

On 8/11/2017 at 6:17 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Oh shoot! I should have taken a picture of the mess I made making soup for my dad. That was a pretty creative endevour!

ETA: I did take one picture. It's of the item I used as a make-shift cutting board, since my dad had none.

IMG_1196.thumb.JPG.c5401c46ccb2feab464ebc96e2876180.JPG

Edited by redambrosia
Add picture
5 people like this

Well, I did make a bit of a mess this weekend, doing fun things. See here:

Mostly pictures of the end result, but I generated a surprising amount of saw dust and thought that I might start a fire.  In the make a mess, but not have a particularly good time column, Awesome Wife and I spent a bunch of time this weekend shifting rooms around for our girls.  the heavy lifting (and cleaning) is done, now it's just onto the organizing.

5 people like this