TaleSpinner

Getting to Know Each Other, August 2017

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

In light of the event today:

August 1: Do you plan to back the Bones IV Kickstarter?  If so, do you have a goal/strategy/rules in place for what types of items you will back, what you won't, and how much you are willing to spend (and please share)?

Yes.

.. um. DRAGON! Past that, it will depend what I like, what I want, and what the budget demands I skip until retail.

I.. think the budget is $400, but don't quote me on that. I may have wiggle room, I may not. But that should be enough to get DRAGON!

Heck, we managed all the DRAGON! with Bones I on less. ^^;

• Like 8

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

August 1: Do you plan to back the Bones IV Kickstarter?  If so, do you have a goal/strategy/rules in place for what types of items you will back, what you won't, and how much you are willing to spend (and please share)?

My plan is to throw in $100 and see what that gets me.  It's really all the budget is up for right now.  If there's tons of cool stuff and the finances improve before the end of the campaign I might up it, but I feel like I'm drowning in Bones right now.  

• Like 7

I already backed ::P:

I'm in for the big stuff, hoping for some Dinos/Prehistorics/ Large Undead monsters etc.

Not a real strategy I will see what I like, waiting for the Dragon Turtle at least!

As for the limit, I pledged $150.

Depending on how long the PM will be open, the limit is not set yet...

• Like 7

...well, I'm in for $112, now... so much for good intentions...

And the day isn't even over yet.

• Like 8

So far all we've come up with as far as strategy, rules, etc. is to only pledge for the core set and then wait until the pledge manager opens. The Kickstarter ends right before we leave for vacation so any extra money we have will probably go to that for the time being.

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

No, I won't be backing the Kickstarter. I've got way too many models to start buying more, I've got precious little money to spend due to the dog having to go to the vet (she has allergies to everything, apparently), and I don't like the Bones material. That sums it up.

• Like 6

I already did.

My goal is to get the core set. I've said elsewhere I need to rebuild a mini collection that I lost in the divorce (not really a divorce, we weren't actually married, but it's the same idea). I can always get big things later but I need most a fistful of smaller minis I can use as characters, mooks, dudes, etc.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Mehman said:

No, I won't be backing the Kickstarter. I've got way too many models to start buying more, I've got precious little money to spend due to the dog having to go to the vet (she has allergies to everything, apparently), and I don't like the Bones material. That sums it up.

Totally off Topic, but my Brutus has many allergies too.

In the end he is allergic to grains and thus also rice and most meats.

He is doing very well on Taste of the Wild Sierra Mountain which contains, Lamb, Apple and NO grains, rice or chicken..

Might be worth looking into it.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Mehman said:

the dog having to go to the vet (she has allergies to everything, apparently)

Poor critter. ::(:

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Mehman said:

13 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

I already did.

My goal is to get the core set. I've said elsewhere I need to rebuild a mini collection that I lost in the divorce (not really a divorce, we weren't actually married, but it's the same idea). I can always get big things later but I need most a fistful of smaller minis I can use as characters, mooks, dudes, etc.

I feel yer pain, both of yez.

I am fortunate to have a partner who encourages me, though, with minis. "OMG! IT COMES WITH THAT MANY GOBLINS! GET IT! GET IT! WHAT? YOU WEREN'T GOING TO GET THOSE ADORABLE DICE? I WANT THE ADORABLE DICE! GET THE ADORABLE DICE!"

• Like 15

I did. 

I have no goal, strategy, or rules.

I tried to back for $1.

This failed because I can't type. 

Tried again for $2 just to differentiate the two attempts. 

I got in the first wave. 

Can I add a core set to that later?

Pig cart:: :wub:

Gauth:: :mellow:

Hill Giants:: :B):

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, TGP said:

I did. 

I have no goal, strategy, or rules.

I tried to back for $1.

This failed because I can't type. 

Tried again for $2 just to differentiate the two attempts. 

I got in the first wave. 

Can I add a core set to that later?

Pig cart:: :wub:

Gauth:: :mellow:

Hill Giants:: :B):

Yes. You will have to PAY for the core set, but I do hope that's not much of a surprise.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

I feel yer pain, both of yez.

I am fortunate to have a partner who encourages me, though, with minis. "OMG! IT COMES WITH THAT MANY GOBLINS! GET IT! GET IT! WHAT? YOU WEREN'T GOING TO GET THOSE ADORABLE DICE? I WANT THE ADORABLE DICE! GET THE ADORABLE DICE!"

I'm a bit hesitant to show this to my wife for exactly that reason. She likes a very different set of things than I do, so it could cost me a fair bit of money. ^_^

• Like 8

I have.

Given I'm not particularly a fan of smaller Bones I plan to back for only the larger minis. 

Money spent will be determined by the offerings.  A lot of large models could get expensive but so far I just haven't seen much that grabs my attention.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Grayfax said:

Yes.  My initial bid will be in the $50 range... whatever that ends up morphing into.  Probably not a core set.  Ultimately, I'm looking for one item.  What is the best single item in this Kickstarter for me!  This will keep me looking forward to reveals and probably involved in the comments.  Don't get me wrong.  I would love to post up with a $500 bid right off the bat and then wander off into never-never land adding more as things caught my interest.  But, that's not going to be how it goes this year.  Now, if the pledge manager stays open and I can add more funds in January or later, this number will ramp up and I'll have the Core and other large items.  If not, no big deal, I'll buy metal minis instead.  

I guess if there ended up being a Sabretooth cat the size of a Thanator on Pandora, I would have great difficulty resisting that these days.  Otherwise I am open and will be weighing options until the closing bell rings.  Mostly I'm looking for larger items.  Giants, Dragons and their Ilk and Kind.

Well.. that changed quickly enough.  Having the end date fall in September, after my next payday, I'll bump up to the Core.  Then with the Pledge Manager being open until July, I'll add in $200-$300 more fairly easily as long as we unlock enough things.  All in all, by the time my birthday comes around again, I could easily be in at $500 and have more than I wanted or needed.  And still buy metal minis along the way.  

• Like 6