SamuraiJack

Live
US-IMF : 28mm & 15mm Sci-fi Armour

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

About this project

a5107f59b4f2b0e536469cf8daa45323_origina

Welcome to the US-IMF (United States Independent Military Forces) which is one of the factions in our Governance of Technology range of sci-fi scenery and vehicles.

This Kickstarter is to help us rapidly expand our successful  "Governance of Technology" range of 15mm and 28mm sci-fi vehicles by completing an entire faction worth of vehicles in one go.

We've chosen the US-IMF faction for this project as it represents a high-tech faction that is entirely militaristic within our 'verse and we felt that the "gamey" style of the models was not at all well represented on the tabletop at large scales.

About us:

We are an established manufacturer of resin models and have been operating for 12 years. We were a pioneer of using 3D prints for model masters and use resin casting techniques the same as those used in film production resulting in very high quality casts with excellent detail and exceptionally few if any, flaws.

Over the last year, we have significantly expanded our resin casting facilities and introduced new techniques for both moulding and casting that have aided in both quality and producible quantity. 

We have come to Kickstarter seeking the funds to more rapidly expanded our model range by covering initial 3D printing costs whilst being able to cover operating costs in our day-to-day budget.

Please note:  This Kickstarter and the vehicles in it are designed for our "Governance of Technology" series of 15mm & 28mm combat vehicles and are in no way associated with Infinity the Game.

I've seen those models somewhere else!?

Indeed you may have!

To complete an entire faction of vehicles requires a huge amount of creativity and design work and to achieve this we’ve teamed up with 3D designer Stephane Chasseloup alias "GrafxBox” who has a well-known and popular series of models created for 3D environments and computer gaming.  

We’re taking those "low Poly" designs and converting GrafxBOX's computer-game designs into high-quality ‘true 3D’ models ready for 3D printing.

a5127b640b1dcd42d04a464c80b1c26e_origina

Once that work is completed we 3D print the vehicle parts, remove any surface artefacts from the printing process, and then go on to making production moulds for casting the models in resin.

Edited by SamuraiJack
2 people like this

Look great!

As a matter of personal taste though, for vehicle-centric modern or scifi I find even 15mm to be a bit too large.

So glad they actually have pictures of models and not just digital renders.

e8994d5bd097b0c7d29df6088ad268ed_origina

2 people like this

There models are fantastic. And I love 15mm. Going to have to take a close look.

Agreed.  I've been looking for some sci-fi tanks and aircraft that weren't 40k related.  These look really cool.

Timing isn't that great with Bones IV, but I think I'll be able to pledge a bit. 

Oh, I really want them.... but... they're so out of scale with everything I've got right now. I do have several sci-fi soldiers from previous Bones KSs, so I'd be okay with the larger scale. But. I dunno. Set to remind.

I finally caved and backed.  I REALLY want an Eagle, but I can only afford a Kestrel.  It'll look so cool sitting on my Warsenal Landing pad.  :)  So far I'm making my will saves to resist upping my pledge...

I hear that.  The Eagle is pretty sweet, but I'm not able to pledge that much.  I'n for at least the Kestral and either a tank or that Bobcat mech.

Failed my will save and didn't even make it to the 48 reminder. In for a Wolverine and a Buffalo.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Failed my will save and didn't even make it to the 48 reminder. In for a Wolverine and a Buffalo.

After their latest update I failed my Will save and upped my pledge.  They should hit the 23k for the printer set-up, and I'm hoping we make it all the way up the Mastodon.  I've had a thing for Mechs ever since watching Robotech back in the day.  :B):

Edited by Mckenna35
2 people like this

On 8/1/2017 at 2:26 PM, Arc 724 said:

So glad they actually have pictures of models and not just digital renders.

e8994d5bd097b0c7d29df6088ad268ed_origina

Perhaps I'm blind, but I don't actually see these vehicles available in the project?  Light armored vehicles and civilian cars would interest me the most but I don't see them listed in the items available to pledge for.

Also what is the Skunk supposed to be?  Mobile solar panels?

I suspect the pictures are from their existing lineup, although I couldn't find them on a quick look through their web page, and are included as a 'proof of concept' to give you an idea of what you vehicles will look like.  They DO have civilian vehicles available on their web page, but that isn't what this KS is about.

The Skunk description states it's an "active denial system" so I would think it's a mobile ECM platform.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      In this third Frills & Fauna installment, we delve into the darker side of the Stargrind universe. The Overlords Kickstarter looks at one of the species in the galaxy that subdue others.  Overlords
      Behind every thrall is a master. A major antagonist in Stargrind is the Overlords. A wholly alien species best described as floating brains. Physically, the overlords are quite weak, as they have evolved to interact with the physical realm using their minds. Powerful with both telepathy and telekinesis, the overlords can control everything (and almost everyone) around them with a simple thought.  
      These models will involve two sets of components: bodies and tentacles. Different sets of tentacles may become available though stretch-goals to mix and match with the bodies. The number of "slots" on each body for attaching appendages is referred to as "soft points."
      Being cast in resin means they are very easily manipulated into different poses by placing them into hot water.
        Classes of Overlords
      Drone
      The most commonly spotted Overlord has been labelled the drone. Drones are slightly armoured in comparison to other classes of overlord, lending to their common presence on the battlefield where they are most vulnerable.
      The drone has 6 soft points.
      Watcher
      Named for its assumed purpose of being a scout, as it lurks the battlefields and rarely engages. Its single eye beholds locations and movements of creatures, communicating back to the overlords' hivemind. Unlike the drone, its eye is exposed for greater vision, but more susceptible to damage.
      The watcher has 8 soft points.
      Reaper
      If the overlords can't initially control a species, the reapers emerge to consume brain matter and learn the secrets of its biology. Equipped to tackle specimens still living, the reapers entangle their foes with tentacles before feasting on the head.
      The Reaper has 8 soft points.
       Infiltrator
      The infiltrators carry large egg-like spores on their bodies, which they disperse in secluded areas that are rich with organic material. This appears to be their only purpose, as their flaccid husks are abandoned with their deposits, perhaps to catalyze the growth process.
      The watcher has no soft points.
      Matriarch
      Meet the Matriarch! It's uncertain whether the matriarch is a mature version of the infiltrator, or a seperate class altogether, but she also bears overlord spores. Perhaps since infiltrators expire upon plantation, this class of overlord is indeed an alternative path, growing larger and more dominant rather than concluding in sacrifice.   The matriarch has 12 soft points. Sporeling
      Once an invader (or better) transplants its cargo of spores (chlamydospore) onto biomass, the spores begin to absorb the biomatter and grow. Some take on traits of their "food." Once they complete germination, the spores detach from the husk and float around until they either form self awareness, link into the hivemind of a mature overlord or fall prey to something else. Adolescent
      As sporelings grow, their embryonic roots retract, wither and harden. Often mistaken for horns or teeth, these scabby protrusions are reborn as tentacles or other feeler/manipulator devices. Scale shots

Pledge levels
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project

• By ladystorm
      In an effort to reduce confusion by people seeking information and asking on topic questions, we are creating two threads for our Bones 4 Kickstarter.
      This is the thread for conversations, enthusiasm, and commentary.   
      This thread will be lightly moderated to ensure forum rules are followed and specific questions may be relocated to the Official Information thread.

Link to project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-4-mr-bones-epic-adventure
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      Overview
      Help us launch our first line of plastic miniatures for the tabletop games we all play and love.   Run by a family of gamers, Role 4 Initiative brings decades of experience in gaming and design. 
      You've seen our dungeon tiles and polyhedral dice, now we wish to bring that same quality and value to the table with 28mm high-detail pre-painted plastic miniatures.
      Starting off with some of the most common player and monster types (Humans, Orcs, Zombies, and Skeletons), we will be producing all of our minis in sets of 6 or more per category, so you can easily and cheaply outfit your game with the figures you need.
      Our goal is to bring a very highly detailed set of miniatures, with excellent paint jobs for a reasonable price.  We all love gaming, but we're not all great artists.  So, we will always provide miniatures that are fully assembled, professionally painted, and ready to use.
      Our minis are made from a PVC material that provide both durability and flexibility.  We also have gone to great lengths to bring as much realism as possible by providing proper anatomical proportions in a 60:1 scale. 

The Process
      First, we thought about some of the most memorable encounters of our games, wishing we had some appropriate miniatures to represent the characters and monsters in the story.

Then we envisioned what these characters would look like and hired artists to create 3D models, 2D renderings, and background scenery that fit our stories.  But made sure they could easily fit your stories too.

Finally, we took these models and renderings to our factory to create the plastic injection molds from which we were able to produce the painted samples you see below.

What you get for your support:
      Set #1 - Human Adventurers
      Concept design:
      Set 1: Human Adventurers Production Samples:
      Male Viking Warrior  
      Female Blademaster  
      Male Cleric  
      Male Ranger  
      Male Wizard  
      Female Archer
  • Who's Online   39 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)