tarnredaxe

Graveyard Expansion Ghost

1st time poster longtime lurker :) 

Its my 1st time working on a ghost mini and I am looking for some advice. I and using the white basecoat then verdigris technique to try and paint this guy up but I feel like there is something missing from it. I also feel like the I need to do something with the center hollow part on his front side. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance all!

20170801_141108.jpg

20170801_141055.jpg

• Like 7

Looks good so far.

Advice is depending on what kind of effect you want.

Anyway, you could darken the inside to create a shadow effect and bring out the green more.

Maybe a walnut brown?

Speakin' ex cathedra from out of my hat, if it was ME, I'd put a heavy green shade in the hollow... and then do a couple of red glowy eye effects inside the hood.

In fact, I think I'll go do that now. You's an inspiration.

• Like 3

On 8/1/2017 at 3:41 PM, Dr.Bedlam said:

Speakin' ex cathedra from out of my hat, if it was ME, I'd put a heavy green shade in the hollow... and then do a couple of red glowy eye effects inside the hood.

In fact, I think I'll go do that now. You's an inspiration.

Post a pic when its done i want to see how it came out if you don't mind

Welcome to the forums! ^_^ Looking good so far!

So if I were working on this guy, I would do a dark navy blue in the hollow part, with pure black only in the very deepest parts, as that will give it a bit more visual interest. I would also take either Moth Green or Alien Goo (both Reaper paints) and thin them out to work into the highlights to give a little bit of an otherworldly glow to him. (Any sort of "neon" green or yellow would do - or you could take the green you used and add a really bright yellow to it.) Then I'd take the same navy blue from the hollow, thin it really well, and work it into the shadows. I would also take an olive green and work that into the shadows for some variation there.

• Like 1