On 8/1/2017 at 3:26 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Wow!

Greater Deamon Indeed!!!

Excellent!

Exactly what I thought.

actually my eyes must be really going bad! Cause I read Golden Demon indeed! 

And THAT is exactly what I was thinking. 

*bows before the mightiness of Odinsgrandson*

Edited by Thes Hunter
Golden demon, not greater demon
  • Like 2

I want to paint like you when I grow up. ::o: :wow: :blink:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Exactly what I thought.

actually my eyes must be really going bad! Cause I read Golden Demon indeed! 

And THAT is exactly what I was thinking. 

*bows before the mightiness of Odinsgrandson*

Thanks, but they're not really at that level.  I went for striking, but they wouldn't stand up against the best of the best at a big competition.  

• Like 3

Gorgeous work! You always choose such beautiful and striking colour combinations and variations.

Had to use a crowbar to get my jaw off the floor! Stunning is all I can say! One of if not the best mini I've ever saw! The colors are so we'll matched and vibrant!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GreenBeams
      Just got back my Chaos Marauder sculpt from Shapeways. 

The primer is showing the print lines that were hidden when it was frosted. To be honest though, i can't really see that much wrong with it with my eyes, only when zoomed in.

I've included the original sculpt  for comparison

• By Thrym

As I stated, I am working on a lot of projects involving the various Joten Horde I command and so I managed to acquire this one on Black Friday at my FLGS, Millennium, in Rochester, NY.

Wizkids :: Troll :: Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures™

This appears to be a direct response to Reaper's Bones line.
      It comes pre-primed with Vallejo Grey Primer and that wafer thin base AND the integral base.

As you can see this is a classic Dungeons & Dragons portrayal of a troll.   I've always enjoyed this kind and have a couple of classic trolls from TSR in the same vein.

As I mentioned, I above, he came with a really thin base to put him on and the integral base.  Wasn't a fan of either so I cut the integral base right off and glue him to a piece of shale to add some weight to the miniature.  I also glued that to a architectural tile sample.  Then added some bark.  One piece to represent a log coming from below the rock he's standing on and the rest to increase the uneven terrain feeling.  I added the course and fine sand to give the whole thing some texture.

Afterward, I sealed the whole base with a quick coating of Testors Dullcote and then primed it by hand with some Reaper Grey Primer.

Some points about the model...

It says high-definition and it certainly seems to be of very good detail.  You can see a nice definition with the knuckles and veins on his hands and wrist.

That said, what annoys me is the mold line through his left cheek and his hair.  The rest of them are in the usual spots, along his chest sides and either side of his limbs.

The price point for the Bones Trolls compared to this troll at the store ($5) are roughly the same.

I look forward to adding him to the crew and I think I might continue my Abomination style skin on him that I used for the Mountain Troll, The Skull Collector. 

Enjoy and Stay Tuned!

• By Lidless Eye
      My last-minute WiP entry for the Iron Sleet Invitational (https://ironsleet.com/2017/10/24/invitational-firing-on-all-cylinders/)

THE HERESY OF CALLAHN 7

How many years had it been since the rebellion first began on Callahan 7? For unknown decades, traitorous PDF forces lay siege to the palace of their former leader, a vile governor who thought of little but profits and nothing for safety. His shortcuts lead to a doomed populace; the atmosphere poisoned and its people dying by the acid mines and foundries that the planet was known for.

The rebellion stayed at a stalemate for years, with the superior numbers of the turncoat PDF unable to overcome the superior armory of the few that stayed loyal to the governor. Even once the rebels opened the acid mines and foundries, and freed the twisted and broken mutants that manned the world beneath, the palace remained sealed.

Then, the Brothers of Rust came. Their grand fleet looming overhead, the few Heretic Astartes who touched planetside turned the tide of the battle in scant days. The governor's palace fell; he and his servants bodies strung from the walls, the first of many sacrifices to the Dark Powers.

Many of the PDF went with the Brothers, joining them in their endless crusade. For those who stayed, the Brothers left behind the Speakers of His Voice. These twisted preachers gave the former drudge new hope, and told them not of a distant corpse-Emperor but of a Grandfather who loved them, always and ever.

Grandfather had saved them, Grandfather had uplifted them. His love had set them free.

When word of the Thorn Moons and their strange wonders came, the Speakers saw their true calling; a lovely addition to Grandfather's Garden, a gift to be offered for the many favors he had bestowed upon them. They went to the mines, they went to the cities, they went and called forth the faithful. The governor had left behind many wonders; forges the faithful had toiled at their whole lives, and grand spaceships. It was providence.

• By Lidless Eye
      Started quite some time ago, before the more copyright-friendly Poxwalkers were introduced; here come the Plague Zombies!

It's okay that they're different, Grandfather Nurgle loves us all.

Plus, Zombies seem more appropriate for Halloween.

• By Lidless Eye
      Praise be to Nurgle!

Another Orctober complete, and we're all safe and sound, painting projects finished.

Time for a short rest...

"Hey, you lot hear that?"

"They're coming to get you, Orkra..."

"Join us, Orkra...Grandfather loves you, too..."

Orks can be Poxwalkers, too, ya know!  Even Gork (and maybe Mork) can't help ya now.

Flyboy:

The Catcher:

The Spiker!

Grimace!

Smiley!

Orks+Zombies in O(r)ctober...doubly appropriate for the season!
  • Who's Online   35 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)