Kate

Ma'aldrakar 7 day challenge

My condolences on you losing your sanity (or about to lose it). It was a pleasure knowing it.

Also :winkthumbs: You go girl!

• Like 9

Yay another victim . . . errrr challenger!  Go go go go, You can do eeeet!

• Like 5

This can be done... Focus Focus Focus ... Squirrel!   

Ooops .... your sanity just left the room!

• Like 8

Grey liner on the base and the heads & legs glued to Ma'al. 5981250aa65f5_day1basecoat.JPG.f221ad5837d68c6bfa6525b264c13fd3.JPG

I think I needed to scrub the recessed areas a bit better but overall the paint is going on well. 

• Like 16

Welcome to the madness! :bday: 

Good progress so far! :D Will you be fully assembling before painting, or only partially? Also, do you have a color scheme figured out, or are you winging it?

I'm excited to see how yours turns out! ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 7

I haven't quite decided on the assembly. So far I can get to everything. I am afraid that if I put the other necks on it might get hard to hold, but I will see tomorrow. I sort of have a paint scheme. I want to change the black to a purple and the white to yellow so it is closer to the color spectrum. I am not sure I can do the yellow though - it will likely be white shaded with yellow.

1 hour ago, robinh said:

This can be done... Focus Focus Focus ... Squirrel!   

Ooops .... your sanity just left the room!

Totally this! 

• Like 10

Done for the night. I dry brushed the bases with Bones Mountain Stone, Highland Moss, Redstone, and Stone Grey. 59814686af63a_day1drybrushshortbasefront.JPG.eb3bc3833740fcb259130458179b38a1.JPG5981468718eaa_day1drybrushtallbaseback.JPG.86164cd7e6452e31ed918b0ca075e7df.JPG598146876596d_day1drybrushtallbasefront.JPG.a5b894b53c970c29eb697105e55704ab.JPG

This is not how my painting table normally looks. I had to clean out the room for my sister's visit. I have confidence it will soon return to cluttered chaos. It is a six foot table so I am still able to slide everything out of the frame.

• Like 18

GO KATE!!!!

You can doooo eeettttt!!!

Don't worry about insanity, we got your back!

*** Whispers to WOOF Medic, stand by, keep that sedative ready!!!***

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Kate said:

I want to change the black to a purple and the white to yellow so it is closer to the color spectrum. I am not sure I can do the yellow though - it will likely be white shaded with yellow.

I would recommend for the purple that you undercoat in a blue (liner pref), it will help to keep the purple looking purple and can be used as a base shadow color. 

For the yellow, I would recommend an orange basecoat if you want a deep yellow or a flesh/bone that leans towards yellow for a brighter yellow. If you don't basecoat in a higher pigment color, the yellow will take several layers to read.... especially over the liner priming.

• Like 7