Painting Dog

Stupid n00b Airport Question

15 minutes ago, Painting Dog said:

Am I correct that the best airport to use to fly in for ReaperCon is Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW)?

You are correct, that's the closest by a few miles. For those of us who fly Southwest, the only place to fly into is Love Field. It's about 10-15 minutes further and you would pay a bit more for the taxi service, but to me it's worth the cost savings flying SWA.

• Like 3

Oh, hey, you're even in Pittsburgh with us! We just got a nonstop SWA flight from Pittsburgh International to Love field a couple of years ago. Both my wife and I recommend it as an option. No harm in flying another way, but we like it better than the United-with-layover approach.

• Like 4

Flew into love field last year, met up with Dilvish and Crowley and got picked up by Dusty...

Took Uber back. ..

Totally no problems....

Will be flying there again this year. ..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, knarthex said:

Flew into love field last year, met up with Dilvish and Crowley and got picked up by Dusty...

Took Uber back. ..

Totally no problems....

Will be flying there again this year. ..

Uber, or Ub3r?:lol:

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Uber, or Ub3r?:lol:

I rode that barbarian like a steed...::P:

• Like 4

*** Heavy Doses of Eye and Brain Bleach ***

*** Pushes SNORKEL agent back down the drain ***

Edited by Grayfax
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, terminalmancer said:

Oh, hey, you're even in Pittsburgh with us! We just got a nonstop SWA flight from Pittsburgh International to Love field a couple of years ago. Both my wife and I recommend it as an option. No harm in flying another way, but we like it better than the United-with-layover approach.

Hey, fellow yinzer!  :)  I guess I knew I couldn't be the only mini painter in SW PA, but it feels like it sometimes.  :)

Thanks for the tip.  So far, I've just looked at flights going to DFW, but am glad to know there might be another option.

You guys all rock, BTW.

Edited by Painting Dog
  • Like 1

There's a few of us... haven't seen Sanael around here in a while, but he's one. Last I saw him in person was in the Phantom of the Attic in Oakland on Free RPG Day a couple years back. He travels quite a bit I heard. I have a couple of friends who aren't into it enough to be forumites. And of course the local 40k scene is relatively big--although I don't think many of them are interested in the "slower" paint styles, you learn about here, either. But there are people for sure!

• Like 2

Seriously thought about Love & SW airlines this year but I couldn't pass up the non-stop flight by American. I  took my first non-stop to Reaper last year & it was very nice. After 11+ year of 1 stop flights it was just nice to relax & know my next stop would be either DFW or BOI. Heck one year I had a flight of Boise to Minneapolis to DFW (wha??) At least I met up with a couple of old friends for that one. (a couple of Minnesotans & long time Con friends)

That & most of the people I meet up & including my ride's flight are all DFW.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, knarthex said:

I rode that barbarian like a steed...::P:

Incorrect. I was given a ride back to airport by Kate and her husband. 

• Like 3

This year we are flying into Love Field but will have a rental car if anyone is arriving around 2 on Wed or leaving around 5 on Sunday.

• Like 1

If finances get better and we can swing ReaperCon this year, we may just drive out (From California its about 19 hours, can make it a mini vacation and stop at Tombstone AT, the war eagle museum in NM, frederickburg in TX), as I have made that drive many times before:(

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

If finances get better and we can swing ReaperCon this year, we may just drive out (From California its about 19 hours, can make it a mini vacation and stop at Tombstone AT, the war eagle museum in NM, frederickburg in TX), as I have made that drive many times before:(

Funny you say 18 hrs drive time as my wife & I were discussing driving down to Vegas for the LVO in January. Depending on what route we'd take it either 11 (Nevada all the way) or 12 (swing through Utah) hrs drive time.

• Like 1