Sign in to follow this  
MojoBob

FitzBones: 77041 Harpy

I thought it had been too long since I painted a fantasy figure, so I reached into my Big Bag O' Monsters and this was the one that came out.

(Full multi-angle image linked due to excessive boobies):

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rmDg_Rk9xkw/WYFH353IOlI/AAAAAAAAIps/cuqeA94FFScu0brueXZlQcGYawXQthsuwCLcBGAs/s1600/20170802ReaperHarpy.jpg

It's 77041 Harpy by Julie Guthrie. As usual for me these days, it's one of the plastic Bones miniatures, and if you want one it will cost you the princely sum of about three of those Yankee dollars.

Edited by MojoBob
Removed pictures due to nudity
  • Like 22

I really like it! Nice job on the shading and highlights and I like your color choices.

I love the paintjob, very cool!

But you may want to link those pics due to the Nudity Rules of the Forum

• Like 1

Looking good. But as Glitterwolf said, I believe the policy here is no nudie pics even with bars. My understanding is that with a very clear straightforward policy, there won't have to be discussions on how thick bars have to be, and etc. So everyone puts them on a different photo hosting site. I use Google and iCloud. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MojoBob
      This is a piece that came in the Mythos expansion pack to the Bones III kickstarter, a good old-fashioned stone sacrificial altar. Tim the Enchanter I've shown before; he's just there for scale.

This is the sort of terrain piece that comes in handy quite a lot. I can foresee getting plenty of use out of it. Unfortunately, I'm a little short of terrified and helpless sacrificial victims; I shall have to see what I can do about that.

• By MojoBob

My Bones III Kickstarter fulfillment arrived a couple of days ago, and I've been happily sorting through them. I've engaged in all three Reaper kickstarters so far, but I doubt that I'll do another — it's not that they're not a good deal, but there's always a very, very long wait for them to arrive, and they've all been very heavy on the character figures, of which I really do have an ample supply. I mainly want the monsters, and it'll be simpler just to buy them individually when they eventually appear in the shop.

I chose this one to start the painting with, mainly because it would be very quick and easy to do, and in fact it only took about twenty minutes. It probably would have taken longer if I'd actually removed any of the mould lines, which I kind of forgot about in my enthusiasm.

I don't know what its SKU is; I couldn't find it with a (fairly brief) search in the online store.
    • By Pragma
      My family and I recently watched a lovely tv series called Ronja the Robber's Daughter. It was co-produced by studio Ghibli and based on a novel by the author of Pippi Longstocking. It was a really sweet show, thoughtful and gentle, with a strong young female protagonist. We all thoroughly enjoyed it. Anyway, one of the antagonists that featured prominently were harpies, and I really liked the design. Here is an example:

So I was inspired to try to reproduce it with my own harpy. Unfortunately reaper's version is not suitable for the board due to bare breasts, but I can include some pictures from the back, and a link to a 360 degree view:

Here is the NSFW LINK to the 360 degree view. Comments welcome and appreciated!

• By MojoBob

Next up on the Bones-painting production line is this one, 77261: Bat Demon by Bob Ridolfi.

At first I was going to paint him classic devil red, but I went with green in the end to give it a more serpentine look. I don't know why I wanted that; there's nothing very serpentine about the sculpting, but there you are. The heart has its reasons.

The wings and elevated position make this figure a bit more imposing than its stature actually warrants. As far as its body goes, it's just very slightly — if at all — larger than the average Reaper bloke.
    • By MojoBob

Here's another of my vast stash of Bones figures, now splashed with paint. This is a very quick and unfussy paint job, and not really a very good one, but it will do the job. It took me about half an hour.

It appears in Reaper's inventory as 77258: Blood Demon, but it seems pretty clear that it's based on an AD&D minor demon called a Babau that I first saw in the MM2, published in 1983.
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)