http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2017/07/mv-challenge-2017.html?m=1

Peace and blessings,  brothers and sisters. The crew at Massive Voodoo have let loose their call for their 2017 Challenge.

The crew at Massive Voodoo set out challenges to their viewers in order to push our abilities past our comfort zone. This year they have two (2) Challenges for us!

1. Create a base using water effects.

2. Paint a Disney Infinity character.

There are limitations in this challenge - like on the basing Challenge: the goal is to create a base with a water effect, not to focus on a figure. They said we can use a small animal to accent the base, and Reaper has some awesome Familiars we can use. Also, Infinity Challenge is one figure, not multiple, which allows us to focus doing our best on one figure. Full details can be found by clicking on the link. 

I heard that little voice too: "I cannot win this! Why should I even try?" 

Well shut the front door little-voice-in-my-head! 

I know I have much to learn and improve in my own Art, which is why this is a Challenge. We cannot lose: we win just by pushing past our comfort zone and learning more about our beloved hobby. :D

I said it before and I will keep repeating it: I believe in you. I see the awesome work you all do, and you believe in me too. That love helps me believe in myself and makes me want to work harder to push past my own limits.

Plus we get to paint a character from the Disney franchise - which includes Marvel and Star Wars! I didn't even consider painting these as well as playing with them! ( Don't judge too harshly. Elsa kicks butt.)

For a full list of characters available, check 'em out here:

http://www.portalcharacters.com/disney-infinity/figures.asp

You can find them individually and inexpensively on eBay. 

Now, if you will excuse me: I have some Reaper Familiars to peruse. :D

May your efforts be rewarded and blessed!

thumbnail.jpg

Edited by KingMob
Stoopid cellphone and fat fingers...
  • Like 5

I already sent in my Female Snake/Seamonster (Queen Shaernagathu) for the water base entry in this contest. I won't post final pics on here as that'll get me DQ'd from the contest, but I'm looking forward to posting after reapercon as I'll also enter her there into the Open Category. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

I already sent in my Female Snake/Seamonster (Queen Shaernagathu) for the water base entry in this contest. I won't post final pics on here as that'll get me DQ'd from the contest, but I'm looking forward to posting after reapercon as I'll also enter her there into the Open Category. 

Outstanding, brother! I applaud you and look forward to your results! :D

• Like 2

Just now, KingMob said:

Outstanding, brother! I applaud you and look forward to your results! :D

Thanks! ::D: 

• Like 2

I should take a shot at this.  Been a while since I've played with water effects, but they have come out for me petty well in the past...

• Like 3

I should too.  I've been in a slump but I have a diorama idea that will require a bunch of water, and I've never tried any.  So some test pieces may be in order.

• Like 3

LOVE it! I look forward to seeing your works after the Challenge! We can post them here or on the Show Off forum. :D

• Like 2

My piece won't be judged. It has a full figure in it. The contest for water bases is supposed to be just about the water, no full figures allowed. My bad for not fully reading the rules. 

I may try to do a water base to enter it, but I'll have to do it between projects. 

• Like 2

On 8/3/2017 at 1:59 PM, ub3r_n3rd said:

My piece won't be judged. It has a full figure in it. The contest for water bases is supposed to be just about the water, no full figures allowed. My bad for not fully reading the rules. 

I may try to do a water base to enter it, but I'll have to do it between projects. 

Your Painting and Modelling is off the charts, brother. Post it in Show-off and I look forward to seeing more of your work!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, KingMob said:

Your Painting and Modelling is off the charts, brother. Post it in Show-off and I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Thanks! I did post her up in showoff the other day. Queen Shaernagathu

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vegascat said:

I'm working on a small water themed base, kind of a tiny magic watering hole 

Can't wait to see it!

I don't know if I'll be able to do a small water base before reapercon and when this contest closes. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

I don't know if I'll be able to do a small water base before reapercon and when this contest closes. 

Its not like you're working on anything else :lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1