14 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

That's what Bilbo Baggins hates;

So carefully, carefully, with the paints!

FTFY ;)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

FTFY ;)

Yes you did.

As a Moderatory note:  Constant "Are you done yet?" posts are known to cause undue stress, so y'all please refrain.

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

Yes you did.

As a Moderatory note:  Constant "Are you done yet?" posts are known to cause undue stress, so y'all please refrain.

Could Kit write a script (sorta like the Broccoli one) that auto-converts "are you done yet?" --to-> "...waiting patiently..."

??

• Like 10

Yay!  Moar Victims! Errrr. Challengers!

• Like 6

:blink: How did phone take picture of itself??

• Like 6

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

He is Ma'al Drakar! Eater of brushes! Holder of smartphones! And destroyer of sanity!!!

He's also attempted to sabotage my challenge before it even started. I snapped my starting pic with my camera (so I could have my phone clock in the picture), and as soon as I plugged the camera into my computer so I could upload the picture, the computer stopped recognizing the mouse. Restarting it didn't have any effect. :mellow: So I had to load my camera drivers onto my husband's computer so I could get the pictures off so I could make my post!

And of course, as soon as I made my post and went back to my computer, the mouse was working again. Spooky. :blink:

But I'm showing him who's boss. I've got him laid out on the operating table (aka Lazy Susan), surgical tools (clay shapers) and greenstuff at the ready. Who's in charge now, huh? HUH?! :wow:

pJEeTJHl.jpg

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

In that pose, he looks just like my Bishop when he's asking Ripley to stop beating up on him. 

• Like 8

Are you leaving the heads off to paint? I was planning on assembling mine too, everything but the heads. 

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      I just finished a custom base for my toothy Reaper Miniatures 02712, Eyebeast. This model was sculpted by Julie Guthrie. It is also part of the 10031, Dungeon Horrors Box Set. I added two eyestalks on its head. The eyestalks are from Reaper Miniatures 03440, Creature Components II.

I used Blister Packaging Plastic and Mod Podge to create the saliva dripping from its maw and realistic water effect on the base. I also added the bull skull and skeleton parts and sculpted mushrooms in greenstuff to complete the set.

Comments are very welcome.

• By Guindyloo
      Hello fine people (and other assorted things) of the Reaper forum!

Continuing in our project of teaming up to show you two different methods to go about painting the same miniature, Buglips and I decided that we would do a WIP thread for Con Crud, Convention Zombie from the 2017 Reapercon swag bag! He's a great little figure, sculpted by Gene Van Horne, that we thought we could have some fun with.

This will be our second shared WIP thread in this series of ours, in case you missed it, check out our first one where we painted Thanis the Bonecaller:

As with that one, I will be covering my usual method of painting for display, and Buglips will be approaching the figure with his own usual "fast-but-decent method." As with the last one, Buglips' method will be much faster than mine will be and you'll get to see where our two styles diverge. We will be sharing our own issues, thoughts and methods with you in the hopes that someone will find such things useful.

So on to the mini!
      Here's my Con Crud, fresh out of his blister:

I prepped him in my usual way, with some diamond files to grind off the mold lines and bit of flash that you can see on his outstretched foot and hand. He has some notable mold lines through his hair and back and down the left (his left) side of his face. I'll show you throughout the process how I'll tackle those.

So here he is after I primed him with Reaper's Brush-On Primer in white, thinned down with some water. As usual, I only did one thin coat so as not to obscure the details on him and I took a couple of additional shots from different angles so you can see some of the mold lines that I'll need to work on a little more down the road.

• By dks
      How would Medusa feel if she couldn't help turning everyone she met to stone?
      Julie Guthrie sculpted this Sad Medusa figure.  It was a special giveaway at the Hall of Fame dinner at ReaperCon in 2015 (...or was it 2014?).
      I painted the figure earlier this year, and she was my entry in the Painters category at the ReaperCon painting contest (Master Series Open).
      I think it was the first resin figure I've painted. 
      Julie sculpted a rattle at the end of the snake tail, so I looked up the colors of diamondback rattlesnakes and took my inspiration from them.
      I glazed and stippled a lot of colors into the stone areas.  They kept looking too much like skin or simply too dull.
      I hope the snakes are placed strategically enough to let this pic stay here....

Enjoy,
      Derek

• By Pingo
      This is another of Julie Guthrie's beautiful giant werewolves, part of the Warlord Koborlas faction. This is my second Warlord figure painted. It was an attempt to make a gender-ambiguous werewolf, and as such I shaved down the chest armor a bit. Full WIP here.

Aislinn may be howling or sniffing the air or fighting a giant.  Looking up at any rate.

WIP thread here.
    • By Pingo
      This is Julie Guthrie's 14528: Rageclaw Slayer, a very large werewolf (the base is 40 mm).

Oh, and apparently this is the first Warlord figure I've painted.

WIP thread here.
  • Who's Online   27 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)