OneBoot

OneBoot is INSANE! Ma'al Drakar in 7 days Challenge

14 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

That's what Bilbo Baggins hates;

So carefully, carefully, with the paints!

FTFY ;)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

FTFY ;)

Yes you did.

As a Moderatory note:  Constant "Are you done yet?" posts are known to cause undue stress, so y'all please refrain.

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

Yes you did.

As a Moderatory note:  Constant "Are you done yet?" posts are known to cause undue stress, so y'all please refrain.

Could Kit write a script (sorta like the Broccoli one) that auto-converts "are you done yet?" --to-> "...waiting patiently..."

??

• Like 10

Yay!  Moar Victims! Errrr. Challengers!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

He is Ma'al Drakar! Eater of brushes! Holder of smartphones! And destroyer of sanity!!!

He's also attempted to sabotage my challenge before it even started. I snapped my starting pic with my camera (so I could have my phone clock in the picture), and as soon as I plugged the camera into my computer so I could upload the picture, the computer stopped recognizing the mouse. Restarting it didn't have any effect. :mellow: So I had to load my camera drivers onto my husband's computer so I could get the pictures off so I could make my post!

And of course, as soon as I made my post and went back to my computer, the mouse was working again. Spooky. :blink:

But I'm showing him who's boss. I've got him laid out on the operating table (aka Lazy Susan), surgical tools (clay shapers) and greenstuff at the ready. Who's in charge now, huh? HUH?! :wow:

pJEeTJHl.jpg

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

In that pose, he looks just like my Bishop when he's asking Ripley to stop beating up on him. 

• Like 8

Are you leaving the heads off to paint? I was planning on assembling mine too, everything but the heads. 

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By airviper
      Finally sealed my Ma'al and got some good pictures in the light box. though I might need to take some more as the white head gets washed out in a few photos.

More photos and close-ups of the heads can be found on my flickr page -  https://www.flickr.com/photos/93463437@N03/

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed finally getting around to painting it after all this time.

And last but not least photo with the full base:

• By airviper
      Finally getting back in the game of painting and after finishing a PC for my current group I decided I just had to start working on Ma'al.  Here is the progress so far.

Blocking out the base color to start thinking. Goodbye Olive Green bottle, you had just enough to get through this. You can also see the back of the PC mini I painted for my group for scale.

Last work tonight was putting the base on two other heads to start ordering the colors around after highlighting up on the olive green section.

• By SparrowMarie
      Well, I'm finally doing it. I'm going to start painting Ma'al. I think I've gotten enough figured out with Mini Ma'al that I can start. At the very least I'm going to start prepping him for painting...that might take a while. Blue liner and mold line removal are first! Not going to boil him because I can live with the slight bend in the wing(maybe, we'll see how I feel before I liner that wing.) Probably won't post more pictures until after I've linered him. 

• By 72moonglum
      Hello guys and gals,
      here's a new figure I just finished, a Ral Partha figure from the eighties, a female warrior, kind of a bit barbaric, with axe and shield.  As Always, deciding just simple things like colors were kind of more time consuming than they should have been.  I did her hair black because I'd seen the same model very nicely painted and done blonde and didn't want to copy. This was sculpted by the great Julie Guthrie, sculpting goddess.

Also had no idea what color the shield should have been so eventually and randomly chose green!   Anyhoos, enjoy!
    • By Maledrakh
      “Off to off the wizard”
      The figures are from Reaper Bones KS3, “Chronoscope Wild West Oz”.  Since they all were armed, I see this as a sort of hit squad, hence the title.
      I based them on 30mm round display bases from Reaper, and I 3d Printed a 20mm round in a similar style for Toto.
      Since not only the Tin Man, but also the flying monkey are obvious metal robots, I think “Weird West Oz” or even “Steampunk Oz” would be a more fitting moniker.

The miniatures are made in the slightly harder Bonesium, henceforth to be known as Better Bones™. Since the third Bones kickstarter, all Chronoscope Bones are coloured grey,
      The Flying Monkey, Lion, Tin Man and Scarecrow are sculpted by Bob Ridolfi, with Dorothy and Toto by Julie Guthrie. Only the Scarecrow seems to be released in Bones as of yet.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)