OneBoot

OneBoot is INSANE! Ma'al Drakar in 7 days Challenge

14 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

That's what Bilbo Baggins hates;

So carefully, carefully, with the paints!

FTFY ;)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

FTFY ;)

Yes you did.

As a Moderatory note:  Constant "Are you done yet?" posts are known to cause undue stress, so y'all please refrain.

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

Yes you did.

As a Moderatory note:  Constant "Are you done yet?" posts are known to cause undue stress, so y'all please refrain.

Could Kit write a script (sorta like the Broccoli one) that auto-converts "are you done yet?" --to-> "...waiting patiently..."

??

• Like 10

Yay!  Moar Victims! Errrr. Challengers!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

He is Ma'al Drakar! Eater of brushes! Holder of smartphones! And destroyer of sanity!!!

He's also attempted to sabotage my challenge before it even started. I snapped my starting pic with my camera (so I could have my phone clock in the picture), and as soon as I plugged the camera into my computer so I could upload the picture, the computer stopped recognizing the mouse. Restarting it didn't have any effect. :mellow: So I had to load my camera drivers onto my husband's computer so I could get the pictures off so I could make my post!

And of course, as soon as I made my post and went back to my computer, the mouse was working again. Spooky. :blink:

But I'm showing him who's boss. I've got him laid out on the operating table (aka Lazy Susan), surgical tools (clay shapers) and greenstuff at the ready. Who's in charge now, huh? HUH?! :wow:

pJEeTJHl.jpg

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

In that pose, he looks just like my Bishop when he's asking Ripley to stop beating up on him. 

• Like 8

Are you leaving the heads off to paint? I was planning on assembling mine too, everything but the heads. 

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Vacaroja
      The visage of Tiamat looms over the ancient and ruined temple of her rival Bahamut!

After 6 months and about 400 hours of work, she is complete!  Wow, didn't think it would take me that long.

And a few more detail pics.

• By Geoff Davis
      Well, at least he didn't end up on my shelf of shame.  Some days my eyes and hands just aren't up to the job.  I also learned today that blending metallics is really hard.  Much more practice is needed.  I am pleased with the way the lighting effect worked out, though. 

• By Guindyloo
      Hi friends! We have another project to share with you in our continuing series where Buglips and I paint the same figure using our own very different from each other approaches to miniature painting. If you're not familiar with this series, you can check out our previous topics:
      03100: Thanis the Bonecaller
      01614: Con Crud 2017 Convention Zombie
      02818: Bugbear Warrior

For this project, we decided to paint Scorpius Rex Dracus, which is an older figure in the back catalog of Reaper - just look at the number! 02017! He's one of the OG's of the Reaper catalog! Our usual method for picking a figure is generally that one of us already owns it and suggests it and then the other of us goes and orders it. However, for Scorpius Rex Dracus, we actually both already owned him because he's a really neat figure with a lot of personality.

I know a lot of people are a bit intimidated by the thought of painting dragons, but I promise they're a lot of fun and this guy would actually be a great starter dragon, as he's on the smaller side. I didn't have a Sir Forscale, but here he is next to Queen Illeosa of Korvosa to give you an idea of his size.

So you can see, he's a far less intimidating size than the dragons you see in Bones. (Spoiler alert, I'm going to assemble him a little later. )

But for now, here he is straight out of the blister:

As we've done with our previous WIP posts, I will be tackling this guy with my method of painting for display and I'll do my best to take y'all through all of the steps that I go through from start to finish and share my thoughts with you as I go along.

As always, please feel free to comment or ask questions - I'm always glad to help out in whatever way I can along the way. I'll try not to take too many blurry pictures....but no promises. 

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here is one of my latest paint job, 77043, Eyebeast Bones version was sculpted by Julie Guthrie. I added two fins on its head. The fins are the hands of the 02902, Slithe Queen from the 03440, Creature Components II and the anchor is from 14472, Razig Weapons Pack. This was my entry in The Official Quarterly Reaper Group Bones Painting Contest #5 and received an honorable mentions.

• By Geoff Davis
      Sad Eyebeast who suffered amputations looks at Kev!'s with much jealousy:  Kev!'s Awesome Eyebeast!

• Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)