251 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
No, I'm not neutering a 5 headed dragon, I'm fixing the sloppiness that occurred on Ma'al Drakar due to the time crunch during my 7 day challenge.
First things first:
Those aren't spots I missed, those are spots that I just spent the last few hours scraping with an x-acto to remove the mold lines that I'd missed.
Yes, it was absolutely as heartbreaking to do as you think it was.
I thought someone might find some use in seeing how I'm going about reworking things in my attempt to bring this beastie to Reapercon.
So the destruction's done, next step, patching things up and continuing working on the mold lines I couldn't scrape off.
Hajad is another sacrife to the toy box level painting (ie. ignore moldlines and any advanced techniques) in my quest to find the "right" zombie skin tone. This time based with 50/50 MSP Vampiric skin and VMC Basic Skin Tone. Covered with a wash of Army Painters blacker colored Dark Tone Ink. This is getting closer to what I want and might be right on with a wash using a brown ink like Strong Tone. I am going to find another sacrificial mini to try a 50/50 mix of the vampiric skin with VMV Dark Fleshwith a brown wash. I think that will give me the grey undead color I want ith enough caucasian skin to look like a fresher conversion to the zombie lifestyle.
I like this model, so will need to look at getting him in metal at some time. For now this one will be used as a ghost pirate in a Hero Kids adventure with my four year old.
Thoughts and comments greatly appreciated.
So I started working on this guy back in March, he was just basecoated with the pattern established (which was based on Rhonda Bender's beautiful example.) This afternoon I decided to pull him off of the Shelf of Shame and finish him up.
I should've gone a size up on the base. And as usual, my pictures are terrible but I'm tired.
C&C always very welcome.
Okay folks, not folks, and whatever else you care to be or not be.
Here we go. I am going to attempt the challenge I half-jokingly laid before the Goblin Lunar Emperor when Ma'al Drakar was first introduced to us. Five Heads in Five Days. The Goal, to paint the entire sculpt, including base and terrain piece in under 120 consecutive hours. That is a full five days, using nothing larger than a size 0 brush to apply paint to the figure. The Official rules give a full week of seven days, but I, being completely insane, have decided to attempt to shave two days off that, in honor of the dragons five headed stature. I honestly do not know if it is possible for me to do, and retain any sense of sanity. So, come along for the ride, at best, we get to see a feat of daring do conquered, at worst, you get to watch my mind degrade even farther. For you the viewer, I would call that a win/win.
Who's Online 15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)