1 minute ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Did you dive the bins at the factory for them at ReaperCon?

i don't recall doing that...

i THINK the dragons were gifts from forumites, but i can't remember how i ended up with a reindeer or the christmas knight. 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Grayfax said:

Ordered an iPhone X today.  I feel some trepidation...

Half of me is excited, cause new shiny things...

Half of me is dreading having to use my face to unlock my phone...

My thumb is no longer good enough?!?

Biometrics in general are actually terrible security. Facial recognition, in particular, can be beaten with a photograph. Not to mention that I just read about how a couple's kid was able to unlock their parent's new iPhone using the face unlock. Then there's the whole issue of what to do if someone ever gets hold of whatever biometric data and can spoof it, because unlike a password you can't readily change something like your retinas.

A good old 12+ character password is the way I'll go. Plenty of entropy to keep general busybodies out, while also still requiring a somewhat concerted effort to brute force using current tech.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Biometrics in general are actually terrible security. Facial recognition, in particular, can be beaten with a photograph. Not to mention that I just read about how a couple's kid was able to unlock their parent's new iPhone using the face unlock. Then there's the whole issue of what to do if someone ever gets hold of whatever biometric data and can spoof it, because unlike a password you can't readily change something like your retinas.

A good old 12+ character password is the way I'll go. Plenty of entropy to keep general busybodies out, while also still requiring a somewhat concerted effort to brute force using current tech.

Apparently the retina scans have issues for a specific case: newly pregnant women. The eyes change swiftly, and women will fail a retina scan that they do regularly... getting the news via that method. Kinda funny. 

Potential acquisition: I think I need the sale Groot figure I found online. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

I know I shouldn't give money to soda pop until they get their kickstarters in line, but they have been communicative and respectful despite the backlash they are receiving on facebook, their forums, and kickstarter. Also, I cannot help myself... stupid mystery boxes.  Love those things. If reaper makes one, I'd be in trouble.

This was during black friday from their site. $50 mystery box that was approximately 3 pounds of chibis.

I cannot identify one miniature, some red carnivorous plant head sticking out of a pod. I received 25 of those.

143 miniatures which 47 are unique models (5 Heroes, 2 Dungeon Bosses, 6 Mini Bosses, 17 Monsters, 4 Pets, 3 Spawnpoints, 3 Shapeshifters, 6 others, 1 unknown).

20171202_154937.thumb.jpg.0b331735b28b55ac10713e68cd219b98.jpg

20171205_232012.thumb.jpg.dbbb94cbec7e49d41bd804a61c659ae0.jpg

20171205_233021.thumb.jpg.87576e58ca6fb6da8188eb098fb65f4f.jpg

20171205_233226.thumb.jpg.976ea2c0296abb128515269c3b20d9da.jpg

20171205_233432.thumb.jpg.ef289c24112971101de25bfefd7604f9.jpg

20171205_233618.thumb.jpg.405213aef6b04676271ea8626dd5c13a.jpg

:cough: if you find yourself with too many of those kobolds I know someone who can give them a good home :ik_oops:

10 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Hmm. I am guessing the Yule Treant isn't much bigger than a usual humanoid? I think it would be adorable to set up a vignette of the gift dragons and cat-dragon around a tree, but proportions would need to be right. 

It's slightly taller than Sir Forscale, iirc.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Unruly said:

5 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Apparently the retina scans have issues for a specific case: newly pregnant women. The eyes change swiftly, and women will fail a retina scan that they do regularly... getting the news via that method. Kinda funny. 

Not to mention public relations nightmares like this can happen when mandatory biometrics are imposed without any consideration tht some people will be unable to provide them.

At least the poor woman’s pension has been restored

Have acquired some Christmas gifts. :ph34r:

• Like 10

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

:cough: if you find yourself with too many of those kobolds I know someone who can give them a good home :ik_oops:

*nods* it's me. I'm certain of it. I am that someone. 

Is that not what you meant? ::P:

Sadly, I think only one of those is a kobold...the rest are the alien-egg pirhana plant. Which is cool, but somewhat beyond my deific portfolio.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Sanael said:

Sadly, I think only one of those is a kobold...the rest are the alien-egg pirhana plant. Which is cool, but somewhat beyond my deific portfolio.

:sharpens sword: No, no, I don't think I meant you... ::D:

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Sanael said:
6 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Sadly, I think only one of those is a kobold...the rest are the alien-egg pirhana plant. Which is cool, but somewhat beyond my deific portfolio

Yea. Unfortunately I only received one kobold. Those 25 other red ones are pirhana plant ish.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, pcktlnt said:
5 hours ago, Sanael said:
8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Sadly, I think only one of those is a kobold...the rest are the alien-egg pirhana plant. Which is cool, but somewhat beyond my deific portfolio

Yea. Unfortunately I only received one kobold. Those 25 other red ones are pirhana plant ish.

Those piranha plants are awesome!

• Like 7

I want another mystery box! Ahhhhhhh! But the box ended after thanksgiving weekend. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

:sharpens sword: No, no, I don't think I meant you... ::D:

*shrug* it's ok. All kobolds are my kobolds, even if they're someone else's kobolds.I'm just happy knowing there are kobolds.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sanael said:

*shrug* it's ok. All kobolds are my kobolds, even if they're someone else's kobolds.I'm just happy knowing there are kobolds.

Please tell me this means you're responsible for painting all the kobolds, too.  Because the ones of yours I have in my possession are in dire need of painting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

1 hour ago, Sanael said:

Could you keep your kobolds out of my fridge please?

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Please tell me this means you're responsible for painting all the kobolds, too.  Because the ones of yours I have in my possession are in dire need of painting. 

22 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Could you keep your kobolds out of my fridge please?

@kristof65, albinism is a known trait among many of the disparate kobold tribes. The cure is well known and commonly available, but I'm afraid it is entirely up to a given tribe's chosen caretaker to administer it. If you'd care to send me a package, I would happily accept direct custodianship of your tribe. ::P:

@Glitterwolf, the best way to do that is to ensure no meats or animal products are in your fridge. If veganism isn't to your liking there's little you can do to be rid of them entirely. I would suggest traps, but you must understand you're only likely to catch one or two before the rest of the tribe reverse engineers the trap and begins mass production, and you may soon find your fridge is too dangerous to really call "yours" any more. You can coexist peacefully with your local tribe by leaving a small bowl of porridge or oatmeal, preferably including some kind of animal fat, on your hearth. The kobolds would prefer beef or pork, but they will understand and respect your gesture of hospitality.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8