22 hours ago, hungerfan said:

I spent nearly $600 last week on eye exam and new glasses/lenses.  The biggest bulk of that cost was on the "old man" lenses I get to wear now.  Looking forward to trying out some painting with them to see if they help or if I still need the magnification head wear.

Besides that over the weekend a couple more things came in from the Wamp raffle goodies.  A couple of black plynths and the mini holders from http://rathcore.com/miniature-holder/

Time to watch some videos on how to properly use them. I am sure it will be a big change to how I hold my mini but hopefully I like it. Not sure if the daughter will be able to use one or not.

I have found that my vision got EVEN MORE Better using my visor and my progressives. Though I do believe I use more of the middle of my progressives, and not necessary the lowest bits, but this helps with allowing me to use a comfortable head position while I paint. 

22 hours ago, eldamir said:

I received 2 'nice' stockings - were the mini's included in the stocking different for 'bad' than those included in 'nice?

It appears that there were standard minis in both Naughty and nice, and then 1 random mini.

The standard mini appears to have been:

Sea hag

Skeleton with spear 

Skeleton with sword

Two cowboys

Female Pirate

One of the steam punk chronoscope (I'm being lazy and not going to look up their actual names)

A sand tick

And then there would be one random mini. Seems pretty different for most people. I got the guy who is making a rude gesture. 

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Thes Hunter said:

I have found that my vision got EVEN MORE Better using my visor and my progressives. Though I do believe I use more of the middle of my progressives, and not necessary the lowest bits, but this helps with allowing me to use a comfortable head position while I paint. 

It appears that there were standard minis in both Naughty and nice, and then 1 random mini.

The standard mini appears to have been:

Sea hag

Skeleton with spear 

Skeleton with sword

Two cowboys

One of the steam punk chronoscope (I'm being lazy and not going to look up their actual names)

A sand tick

And then there would be one random mini. Seems pretty different for most people. I got the guy who is making a rude gesture. 

The "rude gesture" dude would be Dub Bullock (at least in metal; one of my players was extremely lazy with coming up with his character's name...so he used the name of the mini he picked for it). I got pirates, not cowboys...

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I got pirates, not cowboys...

I got two nice stockings and both had 1 pirate (Mariel Twinspar, Female Pirate - 77135) and one cowboy ( Texas Ranger Female - 91004)

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, eldamir said:

I got two nice stockings and both had 1 pirate (Mariel Twinspar, Female Pirate - 77135) and one cowboy ( Texas Ranger Female - 91004)

I'll have to check again. I know I got at least 1 pirate from each stocking, and they looked to have more or less the same contents...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thes Hunter said:

Multiple positions for looking?  Bah...I was just expecting top and lower portion like bifocals.  I guess they are called progressive for a reason though.  Not ready for change.  Too much going on lately to deal with more change.

• Like 1

Someone got a yeti in their stocking IIRC. Looking forward to what I'll be getting. 

Went over to the "big city" yesterday to do some Christmas shopping. I ended up going to the game store & luck be had they still had the Nolzur's beholder in stock!  They were having a sale buy 1 get 1 50% off so  I ended up getting:

Beholder

Cart (no issues with this) 

Town guard

Familiars (the new one with the owl) 

Nice too got to see the contents of the new Rusty Dragon Inn box & even better got to shoot the breeze with the clerk about gaming & such. 

• Like 7

I finished my holiday shopping.  Spouse...  is done.  Kids are done.  Nieces and nephews are done.  Now to rest the rest of the wicked.

Also, I have my goodie basket and a lot more paint from Reaper...  I found that the Reaper Ocean Colors are perfect for Trollblood Skin as I personally visualize it.  Maybe a bit more Teal than others, but I find it to be perfect.  I also got a couple of buildings (a tavern and hunting lodge) from the bay of E's, since my FLGS was not able to order them, and they look to be nice kits.  Looking forward to putting them together.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

still no response from CMON about my order statuses =/

Ditto. They are going to be in bad bad shape if they ignore everyone forever. Heck, even a mass email of "we're sorry for the delays, and we're working on it" would be nice at some point. 

I got my birthday present from my MIL today. A reaper necromancer, stonehaven dragonborn duelist, and a wrath of khan Scotty mini! :ik_oops:

IMG_1451.thumb.JPG.76c256ebef075bc914ea43d6ea3b8356.JPG

• Like 12

46 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Same. I totally understand, but something would be nice.

I placed my 1st order  on Tuesday after Cyber Monday & my 2nd order was a couple days after that. I'm gonna give them a month from my first order before I contact them if nothing has shown up. I'd like the stuff I ordered but I may just go for a refund, since this is my 1st order with CMoN & so far I'm far from impressed with them.

4 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I got my birthday present from my MIL today. A reaper necromancer, stonehaven dragonborn duelist, and a wrath of khan Scotty mini! :ik_oops:

Hide contents

IMG_1451.thumb.JPG.76c256ebef075bc914ea43d6ea3b8356.JPG

The Scotty mini is interesting. Was it an actual gaming miniature?

• Like 4

I contacted CMON today.  We'll see if I get a response.  I've had no issues with my previous orders so the current situation is rather disappointing.

3 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

3 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Ditto. They are going to be in bad bad shape if they ignore everyone forever. Heck, even a mass email of "we're sorry for the delays, and we're working on it" would be nice at some point. 

3 hours ago, Beagle said:

same

22 minutes ago, Auberon said:

I contacted CMON today.  We'll see if I get a response.  I've had no issues with my previous orders so the current situation is rather disappointing.

I messaged CMON at the beginning of last week, and didn't hear from them until 5 days later. This was basically their response, you'll probably get the same:

"Thank you for contacting us and we understand your concern. We are processing thousands of custom online orders that were placed due to the holiday sale, which is causing a delayed delivery time for all orders. You can view your current order status at the following link: https://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/sales/guest/form/

Once your order has been shipped you will receive an email that provides tracking information. Currently we do not have an estimated shipping date for your order. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thank you for your patience and for supporting CMON."

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 1

Received today:

20171218_215257-3024x1726.thumb.jpg.bfdf7b360e4ed0db9572ffa6c08a900d.jpg

60073: The Stag Lord  $8.99 x1
03673: Wendigo  $8.99 x1
09999: Reaper Paint Caddy  $19.99 x1
02598: Tiki, Wood Golem  $5.99 x1

Happy 25th Anniversary!  Your order has received 1x Ametrine Earthlyte

Merry Christmas! Your order has received 1x Father Christmas!

• Like 6