12 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Acquired a Christmas card from a non-local (to me) sneaky drow. Thanks @knarthex!

20171221_175033.thumb.jpg.196ad673aa28cddd7eb99f34a76c0392.jpg

Thought it might tickle your fancy....

• Like 3

I think I must be among the last to have gotten a Christmas stocking, as I ordered a very short time before they announced they ran out.

I had wondered what the Warlord 9-figure packs looked like. Now I can say they have normal sized blister cards, but extra large blisters sandwiched between cardboard layers instead of just glued down to a single layer of cardboard. It is impressive how many figures can fit in one.

An impressively compact shipping box overall.

The Christmas elf is lovely, as is Ametryne Earthlyte.

I am apparently Naughty.

I accept this judgement. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Unruly said:

I got my Reaper Order for December in yesterday. Got a Nice stocking that had an invisible adventurer in it, as well as a few other things. The main order was a nativity set, a frost giant king, and some jersey barriers. The frost giant king's blister disintegrated into its constituent parts in transit though, and it lost the little crest piece that goes into the center of his helmet. It looks like the plastic of the blister was only glued in a very tiny spot on one side.

I don't care, though. The crest piece looks dumb, in my opinion, so it probably wasn't going to get used anyway. But it was kind of hard to assemble the guy. The fact that his body and his cloak are both big, chunky pieces meant that it took some force to get the cloak around his shoulders, and even then I'll still need to boil them to get things to line up correctly.  [...]

Hey, same thing happened with my Frost Giant King order!  I was lucky enough to find the crest tucked under one of the flaps on the bottom of the shipping carton.  That thing is tiny!

Reaper, if you’re listening, a piece that small, from a model that big, needs to go into its own baggie inside the blister, else it will disappear as soon as the blister parts from the card.  And the blister needs to be heat-welded on much more firmly if it’s going to survive shipping.

As for assembly, I got my giant’s cloak on with a hairdryer on the high setting.  Much more trimming and heating is in order before I’m satisfied with the fit.

• Like 4

Since Sir Cyr is going to be gone for actual Christmas, we did gift exchanging tonight. He got me the Nuts Planet Seiren (excellent bosom to paint) and a very creepy 55mm(ish) scale one - Narok by Black Sun Miniatures. It is slightly woman-like, but absurdly elongated, vaguely undead, and carries something that looks sharp. 

I got him a coffee of the world subscription, and things to eat, and a pre-gift was a top hat a few weeks ago. 

• Like 7

Last Reaper order of the year came in today; a lot of Sophies, and some oddments for modding along with my Christmas Elf who might be something else entirely and ... yet another alchemist! I'll have to think up something to do with all my asplody dorfs..

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sophie was taken said:

I thought the proper term was “bust”...

I took a look at the sculpt and I don't think she's a "proper" lady. But whatever you want to call it is nice and excellent. ::D:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Zink said:

I took a look at the sculpt and I don't think she's a "proper" lady. But whatever you want to call it is nice and excellent. ::D:

1) She's a siren. Clothing would be strange on a siren, unless she's rocking starfish stick-ons. 

2) The packaging paint job on her is a bit outlandish, but doesn't quite hit Warcraft Night Elf. Odd mix of human and nelf. There is a pamphlet inside with a different paint job that is much more subtle. Yes, there is nudity, but it isn't cartoony. She's quite lovely. I'm considering a heavily blue theme, to make her seem one with the ocean. 

• Like 6

Whew! Just placed an order with Thunderbolt Mountain. TBM was supposed to shut down at Christmas, but I just checked their website and it now says the 21st! My order was technically on the 22nd but it went through so hopefully it worked. :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, EvilJames said:

Whew! Just placed an order with Thunderbolt Mountain. TBM was supposed to shut down at Christmas, but I just checked their website and it now says the 21st! My order was technically on the 22nd but it went through so hopefully it worked. :unsure:

Whoa no! I have just posted a heads-up on the Thunderbolt Mountain thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1