3 minutes ago, Sophie was taken said:

Got a little box in the mail, didn’t think to check it right away. Turns out, it was my Hasslefree order from a month ago, along with some exotic UK sweets and three free minis!

A happy surprise for an otherwise dour day.

I'm still waiting for mine from Hasslefree from two months ago.

:down:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I received an email from hasslefree today indicating that my kickstarter order is ready...

But more germane to this conversation is that they are offering to combine past backed-up orders and refund the shipping.

I get the feeling again and again that hasslefree has outgrown their staff and facilities but hasn't acknowledged the problem yet.. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, haldir said:

That would be ReaperRon as  ReaperBryan has moved on to Secret Weapon. 

Brain said Reaper and fingers automatically typed Brian.  :wacko:

GEM

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

GEM

It'll take some time, RB was a big part of Reaper. Especially the public part of it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

GEM

Before reading the full sentence, I saw "Brain" next to "Reaper" and automatically assumed you had mis-typed "Brian"...

Picked up Heavy Metal and another copy of Sin City (for Spawn Number One) on dvd at the Goodwill...

Also, for 80 cents...

518b8ag7NoL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And for $1.99...     :bday::bday::bday:

pic332870.jpg

A quick inventory of the pieces reveals it's apparently only missing one of the little green cones...  Everything else seems to be there.

However, the bottom of the box is damaged in two places because some <expletive deleted> taped the box shut with DUCT TAPE and then some other <expletive deleted> just casually ripped it open again at some point instead of carefully peeling the tape off.

So there's about a two-square-inch patch on one side of the back of the box where the print is missing, and another patch about half that size on the other side.

But still... Yay me.  :bday:

Oh, yeah... And my Reaper order of some squogs showed up today with a bottle of Christmas Wreath in it.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 10
  • Haha 3

Some boxes with my Thunderbolt mountain order came today. :) one invoice had some extra weapon sprues stapled too it and the other had very small cowboy in a bag stapled to it. No idea what the little guy is but he is a cool little freebie.

Also some elves, goblins and Indians were acquired today. My wife acquired an ballerina fairy princess infantry unit as well as some flying pink pony air support.

• Like 8

Check the minis that came with the order that got the 'extra' weapon sprues. 

I'm betting that one or more of them is supposed to have those weapons...   

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

And for $1.99...     :bday::bday::bday:

pic332870.jpg

A quick inventory of the pieces reveals it's apparently only missing one of the little green cones...  Everything else seems to be there.

However, the bottom of the box is damaged in two places because some <expletive deleted> taped the box shut with DUCT TAPE and then some other <expletive deleted> just casually ripped it open again at some point instead of carefully peeling the tape off.

So there's about a two-square-inch patch on one side of the back of the box where the print is missing, and another patch about half that size on the other side.

But still... Yay me.  :bday:

Dude, for a missing piece of plastic and a hole in a box, that's anot absolutely insane steal. Especially considering that, for a while, they were selling for upwards of $200. They've gone a bit more sane lately, being closer to their normal retail of $50, but, still, they're no longer in production so eventually you'll only be able to find them with missing pieces and damaged boxes, and they'll go for much more than $2.

• Like 10

14 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Still waiting here too. Had some good communication with them and then some episodes of no responses. At least when they respond they're nice. But they are losing the ability to call themselves "Hasslefree".

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Eldest gave me a very nice universal Macro/Wide Angle lens for my iPhone.

It took pretty good pictures already (these images from last summer's World Miniatures Expo were all taken with an iPhone), but now it's even more fun.

Ordinary iPhone lens:

Spoiler

5a511a45d0887_1-iPhone-regular.jpg.1f8b53f0443d5f0edd993554c3edb270.jpg

Full size detail:

2-iPhone-regular-full-size-detail.jpg.91dd27e3379c97cefaf121ebf3bc07ec.jpg

New macro lens:

Spoiler

3-iPhone-Macro-Lens.jpg.312c019cfdbc9e659740c088db04832c.jpg

Full size detail:

4-iPhone-Macro-Lens-full-size-detail.jpg.6e78ddd22cb2e663c3a1e6b902ac0f17.jpg

There are a few weird image artifacts (she has no freckles), but overall it looks like a fun and versatile new tool.

• Like 13

Ordered a new tube of green stuff and some sculpting tools that I intend to use to stuff the green stuff into gaps. All for less than $20 too, yay gift cards!

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 12

I received some late Xmas presents today:  a Typhoon paint mixer, a set of Hanger 18's Studio II photo backdrops, and a box of Reaper minis.  Pretty sweet!

The Egg

• Like 11

Now THAT is a sweet haul.

Those backdrops are nice.

(Be careful how you handle them, though, they can be fragile)

Any special minis?

• Like 3

So, my DnD group got me miniature stuff for my birthday. Since Gamesworkshop is the only company you can go to a store and buy stuff from around here, it's from them. I feel a bit bad since it's so expensive compared to other companys. They got me the citadel starter set with some colors (who are half empty o.O), one brush, one clipper thing and some glue. Added to that, another brush and one stormcast eternal which they got for free from the store keeper.

I also got a 20 Euros gift card for our local GW, any idea what to get from them? I guess if I like their brushes I can get another one. 

• Like 8