47 minutes ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

My baby got me the Modiphius Star Trek minis for Christmas... the NexGen bridge crew and the Klingon warband.

These things are the most hydrophobic minis I have ever seen. They repel paint. They repel liner. They repel PRIMER, for potato's sake. Multiple coats are needed to cover all exposed surface, and even then, the paint doesn't much like to stick; I've had it draw away RIGHT before it dried, leaving a spot that had to be touched up later. 

And yes, I know about mold release. I washed the HELL out of the minis, with soap and water and toothbrush. The plastic itself repels the paint, even after washing.

On the good side, the Klingon minis are very nicely detailed.

s-l225.jpg

Have you tried an etching agent before priming?

GEM

31 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Can she be my mom too? ^_^

Show up to her place with dog treats and a kitty brush, and you'll have a new best friend, lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

That's a weird thing to feed her, but okay.

Feed it to her dogs and cats. She won't like you unless you get the approval of the animals. The animals are easy to bribe. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Have you tried an etching agent before priming?

GEM

No, I'm paranoid about using chemicals on plastic.

Edited by Dr.Bedlam

2 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

These things are the most hydrophobic minis I have ever seen. They repel paint. They repel liner. They repel PRIMER, for potato's sake. Multiple coats are needed to cover all exposed surface, and even then, the paint doesn't much like to stick;

Oh oh.

This doesn't bode well for the Fallout minis release I've been looking forward to from them.

:unsure: