Acquired: Scale 75 Inktensity, a cutting mat, Eldandil Violet and Ishtar Pink (S75 paints), a Winsor & Newson Series 7 Minis 3/0 (I want to try tiny brushes for detailing again, now that I'm hooked on 2s). Got some replacement wet palette sponges (half the price of the local art store). 

However, the pack that I most wanted was not in the shipment. The pack of 6 simple square wooden plinths isn't in the darned shipment. I was hoping to not need another run to the hardware store this week, but I'll have to if I want to mount the lion bust before CMPA. 

Ordered from Competition Minis. Color me not-impressed by forgetting an item. No major sale or anything going on either <_<

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Acquired: Scale 75 Inktensity, a cutting mat, Eldandil Violet and Ishtar Pink (S75 paints), a Winsor & Newson Series 7 Minis 3/0 (I want to try tiny brushes for detailing again, now that I'm hooked on 2s). Got some replacement wet palette sponges (half the price of the local art store). 

However, the pack that I most wanted was not in the shipment. The pack of 6 simple square wooden plinths isn't in the darned shipment. I was hoping to not need another run to the hardware store this week, but I'll have to if I want to mount the lion bust before CMPA. 

Ordered from Competition Minis. Color me not-impressed by forgetting an item. No major sale or anything going on either <_<

do not forget to pierce the tips of the Scale 75 bottles., these come sealed.

If you forget you will have a paintplosion..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

do not forget to pierce the tips of the Scale 75 bottles., these come sealed.

If you forget you will have a paintplosion..

Yep I know. I'll get my stabber out soon and get them. I like putting a drop on the cap anyway. :poke:

• Like 3

After spending the morning teaching a theater workshop, we stopped by the FLGS on the way home:

IMG_20180213_152030669_LL.thumb.jpg.f48bdf3ed7855f9717013386deab3a0e.jpg

Wizkids preprimed oxen, cart and some yuan-ti, Bones pack donkey...and Lamentations of the Flame Princess' "Tower of the Stargazer," a module I can slot into a hex for my Eberron campaign. 

• Like 8

I acquired my Sleeping Beauty (50188) a few days ago and as I was putting her into the box-o-backlog, I noticed that her blisterpack was torn open on one side.  How can I tell if I have everything that's supposed to be in the pack?

5a83b81b5974b_2018-02-1322_13_59.thumb.jpg.6f7f9f6e49a4a4549998aaabf0da6d59.jpg

I feel like, at a minimum, that sprue should have a second vine attached to it, but can't be certain from looking at the webstore image..

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, eldamir said:

I acquired my Sleeping Beauty (50188) a few days ago and as I was putting her into the box-o-backlog, I noticed that her blisterpack was torn open on one side.  How can I tell if I have everything that's supposed to be in the pack?

5a83b81b5974b_2018-02-1322_13_59.thumb.jpg.6f7f9f6e49a4a4549998aaabf0da6d59.jpg

I feel like, at a minimum, that sprue should have a second vine attached to it, but can't be certain from looking at the webstore image..

Is one of the vines already attached to the bed?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Is one of the vines already attached to the bed?

One of the vines attaches to the bed by her right elbow, and the other on the opposite side down hear her ankles.

The first store pic shows a good view of the vine that attaches by her ankles, and the second store pic shows the one by her elbow.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1

Did a little bit of splurging on myself with some Christmas funds.

I've been a fan of Unique Dice Towers since I backed their kickstarter several years ago.

They're starting a Signature Series of limited edition dice towers the first of which is a blue police box.

IMG_1308.thumb.JPG.4f33e419783ef89401c1be02fc613890.JPG

IMG_1307.thumb.JPG.2f7a78d29ae28899559165e6914ba351.JPG

Received this yesterday.

#1 out of 100. 

More than a bit pricey, but it's very cool. Very happy. ::D:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Nice. 

But they might want to be careful about those fancy, yellow accents. It takes it from 'regular non-copyrighted' call-box to 'some call-box with a weird sci-fi or fantasy connection'.  

• Like 4

More goodies just arrived.

These are from Mantic using some of my rewards points for a few of them.

Not the easiest things to get my hands on. It took a while.

Not pictured is the Lee and Clementine booster based on the characters from the Tell Tale video game.

IMG_1312.JPG.2dacef5705c4ff1bef10faefa6c874c3.JPG

Blaine on jet bike from Deadzone.IMG_1313.JPG.ed409e3bab0661076805e76b4412a71e.JPG

Walker Ronnie (Mantic founder)IMG_1314.JPG.1b40ad2f18b3fecdaa2d1883199cd8b0.JPG

Abraham from The Walking Dead

IMG_1315.thumb.JPG.a80ee123bfd81c0a6c216d6f4ee522c3.JPG

3Up Zombie collectable.

• Like 7